• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56

For those of you getting the MOA model, who did you preorder through? (If you don't want to say in the thread, a PM works too)

Last edited:
Anything is fine...my local dealer said nothing is shipping from Vortex to 'anyone' distributor or drop shipping. Aslo all product is soldout through January 15 from the Vortex distribution flux-capasitor...just trying to figure out WTF

Last edited:
Anything is fine...my local dealer said nothing is shipping from Vortex to 'anyone' distributor or direct purchase. Aslo all product is soldout through January 15 from the Vortex distribution flux-capasitor...just trying to figure out WTF

Your dealer is either full of shit and he is telling you this because he can't get his hands on them, or someone is telling him bad info. I received one direct from Vortex, and my gunsmith has another in hand that is going on my new build.

They are definitely being shipped, but there is a lot of demand and a lot of preorders so it will take a while before everyone get theirs.

ETA: Both of the ones I ordered are MRAD w/ EBR2C reticle.

Last edited:
Anything is fine...my local dealer said nothing is shipping from Vortex to 'anyone' distributor or direct purchase. Aslo all product is soldout through January 15 from the Vortex distribution flux-capasitor...just trying to figure out WTF

If he orders today it will probably be January before he gets it. The dealers who are getting them ordered in January. Your dealer didn't have the forward thinking to order early, so he is blaming Vortex.

Thx guys for the pics, my dealer is a stand-up guy, great integity, my post was not intended to question him. Just trying to see if it was to swing orders to certain vendors. My guy has had them on order for a long time and I paid in full a while ago. I'm sure it will be here soon enough. Thx again...

BWP

My scope arrive Monday night. It's truly a very nice setup. My other rifles have PMIIs, this is a change up for me. Got an mrad which is also something new as I only know MOA. Off to the range with this on top of my GAP 338lm. A day of learning for me.

^^^ Scott, I agree your complaint is certainly legitimate!!! Waiting impatiently for my T5Xi, since I canceled my Vortex order 2months ago. Too many scopes and too little time.:cool:

Last edited:
Vortex is drop shipping orders placed with dealers to accommodate their dealers customers. People on here saying they're receiving their scope from Vortex can easily be mistaken for Vortex actually selling to the public but I don't think that's the case. I know my vendor had a drop ship scheduled and Vortex has been incredibly helpful with any questions every time I called.

Last edited:
Vortex does sell directly to public if your mil/vet/leo. They offer a discount, but I found that hide vendors prices are about right there. Close enough to where I would buy from the vendor just due to the paperwork and I dont like sending copies of my dd214 to company and wait to save $30. I just buy from hide vendor

I know they're having a hell of a time keeping up with demand

Last edited:
What is the going rate on the black market for organs?? I could probably spare a kidney or maybe a testicle... need......one.....of these.....scopes.....asap.....

^^^ Scott, I agree your complaint is certainly legitimate!!! Waiting impatiently for my T5Xi, since I canceled my Vortex order 2months ago. Too many scopes and too little time.:cool:

Monday is September. I am so curious to see what happens. I cancelled my Steiner to get a Vortex. Still probably getting a Steiner but at least I have something to keep me occupied till the Steiner comes out. I can just imagine how you're feeling at this point. I hope at least they give everyone an official heads up on what's going on.

Honestly. Who cares that much. It's a tool, go use it and stop worrying so much about what color candy bar it is.

I just got home from the range. Initial thoughts are this is as close to a perfect scope as I've ever used.

That all being said I personally like the color.

Hey deadnbrkn84, I am going to be up in your neck of the woods for a bit(months). Beaverton
Where do you shoot around here?

Just to verify so there is no more assumptions or rants, Vortex DOES NOT sell scopes directly to the public unless you are LE/Mil. They sell accessories to the public though.

I go mine a few days ago, headed to the range this weekend. I gotta get some scope covers ASAP.
the scopes are shipping, here's proof.

Attachments

• DSC00860.JPG
    DSC00860.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00862.JPG
    DSC00862.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 20
I was trying to purchase one through Vortex at military price but they don't have them in stock. Also, they can't give you a date on when they'd ship it if you pre-order.

Just to verify so there is no more assumptions or rants, Vortex DOES NOT sell scopes directly to the public unless you are LE/Mil. They sell accessories to the public though.

All of the accessories I've bought direct from Vortex come through some sort of registry of dealers program. I think it's called "Shopatron."
The website said something about "Shopatron" being a network of stocking dealers that filled orders supplied to them from Vortex.

My last order came from "Hawkeye Optics of Oregon. I'm in California.

I bought mine through A and A optics. It will be here tomorrow!

Has anyone used the Vortex rings? I bought a set with the Razor II.

Thanks for the info, Rob!

What rifles are you guys putting these on? Mine is a FN SPR about to head to Short Action Customs..

Thanks for the info, Rob!

What rifles are you guys putting these on? Mine is a FN SPR about to head to Short Action Customs..

One will be going on a Barnard action .260Rem and another will be going on a Spartan Precision built .260Rem that I am expecting in from Marc next week.

How is the reticle at lower power? Is it usable on the lower power settings?

Yes. You can still see the numbers easily down to 6x and lines down to 4.5x. I have a pic at 4.5x in my review but the pic doesn't do the actual view justice.

4.5x at 400. It's a better view in person.
x2h74r8.jpg

Just got mine. EBR-2C MOA. I'm blown away. The quality, the glass, it just feels awesome too!!

Yes. You can still see the numbers easily down to 6x and lines down to 4.5x. I have a pic at 4.5x in my review but the pic doesn't do the actual view justice.

4.5x at 400. It's a better view in person.
x2h74r8.jpg

Rob, I will have to disagree with you. When it comes down to FFP, you have to pick your poison. Either the reticle will be "too thick" for most personal tastes at max mag or "too small" at low powers. This dichotomy is exaggerated with a wide zoom ratio scope.

Clearly, the forte of the Gen II is that the reticle does not obscure the target at max mag. This gives it a leg up in the long range precision game, and is what most of the competitive shooters want, and Vortex delivered.

But IMHO the reticle loses effectiveness down low, in your pic the 6 o'clock line all but vanishes in the grass. That is my experience with the reticle in a "field" (i.e. foliage) setting. On a bright white reflective background those with excellent vision may make use of it, but otherwise I think it will be a struggle for many. It's OK, that is a design parameter that is acceptable for the intended purpose of the scope.

Rob, I will have to disagree with you. When it comes down to FFP, you have to pick your poison. Either the reticle will be "too thick" for most personal tastes at max mag or "too small" at low powers. This dichotomy is exaggerated with a wide zoom ratio scope.

Clearly, the forte of the Gen II is that the reticle does not obscure the target at max mag. This gives it a leg up in the long range precision game, and is what most of the competitive shooters want, and Vortex delivered.

But IMHO the reticle loses effectiveness down low, in your pic the 6 o'clock line all but vanishes in the grass. That is my experience with the reticle in a "field" (i.e. foliage) setting. On a bright white reflective background those with excellent vision may make use of it, but otherwise I think it will be a struggle for many. It's OK, that is a design parameter that is acceptable for the intended purpose of the scope.

Scott, as I said in my post and my review, the picture doesn't do the real view justice. You can see it better in person and that is with my 48 year old, astigmatism corrected lens eyes .

That said the question was if the reticle is "usable", not optimal, at lower powers and the answer is yes it is usable. Is it optimal? No. If you need a scope that you can see the reticle nice and thick at lower power then this or any other high power FFP scope is the right choice. You need low power SFP scope. This scope, again like others in the power range, is made for people who use it at 8-10x+ and has the lower power in case FOV is needed. If someone who would use it at that power decides not to get it due to the pictures above then they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

According to the Butler Creek site they don't have a cover that fits the eyepiece. The objective would be a size 48 in either the standard Flip-open or the Multi-flex Flip-open. I've never used their Bikini cover but it looks like it stretches to fit different scopes --> Amazon.com : Butler Creek Bikini Rifle Scope Cover : Sporting Optic Covers : Sports & Outdoors

Measurements from the Vortex site:
Eypiece - 1.81"
Objective - 2.55"

I put a #19 Eye (43.9mm) on the eyepiece. It fits the focus ring very well. The objective is #51 (65mm).

Until a better option comes along..