• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes rcom150 vs vcog for colt le6940

butlerjohn7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2014
will be my only ar and may be used for all purposes-- home defense, target shooting at about 300yds, the twice a year wild hog hunt, and maybe the odd 3 gun occasionally. is it crazy to spend more on the optics than the gun with the 1-6x 30mm or is it just more sensible to buy a 4x acog and call it done? i looked at both and the rcom 150 sure is nice but ouch on the price. also, does one work better in low or no light?

The VCOG will work better in lower light do to the fact you can back it down to 1x, this will let more light back to the eye. Both are great scopes I will say the VCOG smokes the ACOG.

We sale a lot of ACOGs and have a few VCOGs in stock, so if we can be of help let me know.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

this one has took a licking and kept on ticking. I bought my 6940 because I wanted the strength and durability of the monolithic upper and put a ta31f on it for the same reason strength and durability . It has never let me down be it going outside at 1:30am to see whats prowling around the barn lot or strapped to my 4 wheeler while looking for pigs and predators . its not a precision optic but I can bust a coyote at 200-250 yds pretty easy . If simple and stout is what your looking for then I say get the acog . It wont be as fast as a red dot or 1x6 at less than 50 yds but it wont be far behind . its just a matter of what you intend to do the most of with the gun .

Thanks for feedback. I love the vcog but a lot of dough. Your feedback on the acog is helpful. Something that can take a beating and keep going. Did you get the green or the red optic? Was thinking green might be better for lo light and hogs. Glad you like the monolith.

Thanks for feedback. I love the vcog but a lot of dough. Your feedback on the acog is helpful. Something that can take a beating and keep going. Did you get the green or the red optic? Was thinking green might be better for lo light and hogs. Glad you like the monolith.

I have the red chevron. I can see the illuminated reticle at night when using my weapon light . seeing a coyote at 100 yds is pretty easy.