• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ready to move up from 6.5 RPR advise please..... 300PRC build or RPR?

Whitshot

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2017
Ok So I've been rocking an RPR 6.5 creed now for about 3 years. This gun introduced me to long range (500+) shooting. I've had a chance to take it out to 1675 yards and I've found that IMO that's beyond what I'd consider reasonable range for this cartridge. At that distance my hit's were due to a extreme spread of a mere 25fps.

I am admittedly still a novice in the long range game and would love some good advise on my next venture. I've had a great time with the creedmoor and have had great success with it Hand loading to 1/4 moa accuracy and shooting 147 eldm's @2800 fps comfortably out to 1400 yards. So to reach out beyond I'm looking for a slick 300 bullet. I think the most practical thing would obviously be to just go with another RPR in a mag cartridge but I find myself yearning for a "nicer" rig. I've kid of been there done that with the ruger and think I'd like to go with something different. Am I dumb for it?

So What are my options in a 300PRC (I'm attracted to this cartridge because IMO it's destined to be a big creedmoor. Sweet spot of bulk, recoil, made for eld bullets etc.)

Price range under $3500 without glass.

One option I've seen is Masterpiece arms, but i'm unfamiliar with them.

Masterpiece arms makes fine equipment. I have one of their 6.5 creedmoor rifles.

I am in a similar situation as you with wanting a magnum rifle,

I'm planning on buying the parts I want and then having a Smith make it all magical.

You can get a good action from any of the usual suspects 1200ish get a good custom made match barrel. Trigger you want ,and a stock or chassis you want. I think you could build a pretty nice setup for less than your budget.

But if your set on having a "factory" setup. I'd look at cadex or accuracy intl.

Bighorn tl3 + action wrench + SAC bbl vise
Prefit barrel & muzzle device of your choice
KRG Bravo
Accurate Mag CIP length 300wm mags
Trigger tech trigger

Ought to be well under 3500.

Bighorn tl3 + action wrench + SAC bbl vise
Prefit barrel & muzzle device of your choice
KRG Bravo
Accurate Mag CIP length 300wm mags
Trigger tech trigger

Ought to be well under 3500.
could even go Origin long action and go upgrade stock/chassis from a bravo to keep under budget