• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Recent NFA wait times?....

Unless something has changed one reason there is such high variability in total time is the paperwork/online submission goes to an ATF agent responsible for your state so there's not a "national wait list" so to speak. If your state has more submissions, less agents etc it can cause a longer wait and visa versa.

Unless something has changed one reason there is such high variability in total time is the paperwork/online submission goes to an ATF agent responsible for your state so there's not a "national wait list" so to speak. If your state has more submissions, less agents etc it can cause a longer wait and visa versa.

this changed quite a while back, there are no more agents for a specific state. the applications are all in one big pot that they all pull from.

Reactions: Longshot85
en2q5RX.jpg

All 3 suppressors approved on 5/5. Only took 6 days for the stamps to get here, picked up on 5/11.

Gotta love sub 7.5 pound rifles all up and suppressed. :)

30 days since approval as of today. Dealer is going to request certified copy since their 30 days is up. Not sure what that's going to do?

Any update? I will be at 30 days Thursday, it's looking like i might be in the same boat.

Any update? I will be at 30 days Thursday, it's looking like i might be in the same boat.

No good news. My dealer called and requested a certified copy May 10th. Not sure what that will accomplish or what the next point of escalation is. Currently 35 days since approval.

Edit: after 30 days you can request a certified copy be sent. This is to be mailed immediately and arrive within 15 days. The certified copy is sent to confirm the dealer has the stamp, apparently 95% of the time you haven't received the phone call because the dealer doesn't contact you or is on vacation etc.

Last edited:
Information received upon picking my van up today from my dealer, from his atf auditor: 12 examiners. Once the stack of requests is taller than the examiners desks contractors are hired.

Form 1 and Form 4 (trust) received by the ATF on 13 Mar 2017. Three responsible parties on the trust. Approved on 10 May 2018. 14 months is a record for me.

So trusts are just taking longer than individuals. Individuals seem to be 6 to 7 months. Trusts are all over the spectrum.

Form 4 on a trust for an SD can for my MP5 took about 9 months, submitted June 25th 2017 and approved on March 2nd).

Form 1 to SBR the gun was submitted July 15th 2017 and approved on April 12th, time includes my fuck up (didn’t sign one page) which added about two weeks.

I’m also the only person on my trust at the moment, not because I’m gaming the system but because I’m forgetful and nothing has needed to leave my possession anyway.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
I just called the NFA Branch. I have 4 Form 4's submitted. Checks cashed 2/22/2018. They have no record of these serial numbers. They referred me back to my dealer. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

So the ATF is telling you that they cashed your checks, but did so before having the serial numbers from your dealer? I'm not real sure what the process is at the ATF, but that seems very fishy to me that they would do that. Talk to your dealer, but sounds to me like someone at the ATF messed up and your paperwork got lost after they cashed the check.

So the ATF is telling you that they cashed your checks, but did so before having the serial numbers from your dealer? I'm not real sure what the process is at the ATF, but that seems very fishy to me that they would do that. Talk to your dealer, but sounds to me like someone at the ATF messed up and your paperwork got lost after they cashed the check.
Thanks, I will check further. I gave them the model and serial number, maybe they could not pull it up that way. I will call back and just use the serial number. Thanks!!

My dealer just told me that the PO box that we send our checks to is a BANK!! From there your personal info is then sent to the AFT. This is just what I was told, take it for what its worth...

Thanks, I will check further. I gave them the model and serial number, maybe they could not pull it up that way. I will call back and just use the serial number. Thanks!!

Again, I have no idea of their process, just seems odd to me they would cash it without having the serial #.

My Omega took just over a year from purchase date. Form 4 individual. The FBI background check added another 5 months to my total wait time.

Its a form 1 SBR

Mailed 5-1-18
Check cashed 5-14-18
Sent back for model# correction 11-3-18 (173 days since cashed)
Corrections sent back on 11-9-18
Approved 11-29-18 (199 days since cashed)
Stamp Received 12-10-18 (210 days since cashed)

Not bad at all Spife. I waited right at 13 months on my form 1 but that was almost 2 years ago.

Not bad at all Spife. I waited right at 13 months on my form 1 but that was almost 2 years ago.
But when I first signed up for it the wait was said to be 4 months max on them. So I was 50% longer than I was expecting and I have missed half the hunting season I wanted to use the SBR for but its alright, its here in the end so thats all that matters. Looks like its right about 6 moths now for anyone else in the same time period.

Hey everyone...just checking to see if anyone noticed a decrease in the NFA wait times for supressors since they switched to the digital format for the forms?
I did Silencer Shop for my Individual can was 201 days from cash to in hand. So easy and smooth with them

I'm curious if anyone has heard anything on why the wait times seem to be vectoring upward pretty steeply now? I understand that when they started working trusts and individual submissions together a bit after 41F, trust times came down quite a bit and individual times increased, but now, from the chart on NFA tracker, it seems both are headed up.

That seems strange to me for a few reasons. First I thought I read a few places several months ago that they were getting a plus up in FY19 to bring in more examiners. Second, the eform process for F1s that just rolled out is supposed to be much more efficient. Third, the new barcode system was supposed to cut the data entry time at the ATF.

All these combined really seem like they should result in a decrease in examiner workload and an improvement in wait times, but not so.

I know the FBI backlog is hanging up more and more people lately, could that alone be what's pushing the majority of approvals out?

I'm just curious if anyone has some insight because the trajectory seems odd to me. My first three cans were all approved in ~6 mo or less, with my last one getting approved at exactly 150 days in Jan '18. I submitted another last week and things don't look quite so rosey this time.

Reactions: TriggerReed357
I'm curious if anyone has heard anything on why the wait times seem to be vectoring upward pretty steeply now? I understand that when they started working trusts and individual submissions together a bit after 41F, trust times came down quite a bit and individual times increased, but now, from the chart on NFA tracker, it seems both are headed up.

That seems strange to me for a few reasons. First I thought I read a few places several months ago that they were getting a plus up in FY19 to bring in more examiners. Second, the eform process for F1s that just rolled out is supposed to be much more efficient. Third, the new barcode system was supposed to cut the data entry time at the ATF.

All these combined really seem like they should result in a decrease in examiner workload and an improvement in wait times, but not so.

I know the FBI backlog is hanging up more and more people lately, could that alone be what's pushing the majority of approvals out?

I'm just curious if anyone has some insight because the trajectory seems odd to me. My first three cans were all approved in ~6 mo or less, with my last one getting approved at exactly 150 days in Jan '18. I submitted another last week and things don't look quite so rosey this time.
Probably all the people buying cans that were waiting for the HPA to pass and realized that's not going to happen
That and .gov "workers " do the bare minimum at all times.
I've got 3 I'm waiting for now. One is a present for a buddy and I already have a bunch if be pissed if these were my first ones.

Form 4 Individual
Purchased 2/18/18
Cashed 3/4/18
Approved 12/10/18
Stamp to Dealer 12/21/18

Last edited:
I’m over 6 months from the date of purchase for my first one. Hopefully any day now. The next 2 are from the TBAC sale. So I’ll be waiting a long time for them. All were single shot trusts

The whole process is horseshit. Form 4 individual for two SilencerCo Specwars one 7.62 and the other 5.56. I did it as an individual to get them back faster. Hopefully it’s within 6 to 8 months.
My check was cashed in mid August for my first two suppressors ever, TBAC ultra 9 and takedown 22. Form 4 individual because the wait times were shortish. Boy was my crystal ball wrong.

1st one took like 13 months. 2nd was just shy of 16 months IIRC. I'm closing fast on 12 months on the third. I have zero expectations at this point.

My check was cashed in mid August for my first two suppressors ever, TBAC ultra 9 and takedown 22. Form 4 individual because the wait times were shortish. Boy was my crystal ball wrong.

Yep my dealer told me to do the exact same thing beginning to think I should have just done a damn trust, but then again I’ll shoot these cans out before I need to pass them on to anyone ??‍♂️

I've had one in jail since February. I was hoping for a Christmas present. Now I'm just hoping I can run it next season.

When I bought in early January of last year, I was hoping to fall under the more "normal" times of like 6 months. November came and I was hoping for a B-Day surprise. Came and went. Then I was hoping for a Christmas present. I'm beginning to doubt this Santa Claus shit.

One arrived at my dealer a little awhile ago that I ordered in March. Hopefully the last one I ordered a month later will be coming in soon too. I've received 3 suppressors so far this year and each took around 8-9 months.

Gov shut down will effect the times for sure. Probably not a lot due to the Christmas season already serving as an excuse not to do much. If it goes on for a prolonged period of time or essentially after the new year it will be adding time for certain.

I think the thing that is frustrating is that there is no requirement to approve or deny in a set and limited amount of time. If there was that would serve as the requirement to improve the process and/or to hire more people. This could be solved without any legislation requiring to be passed. Whether that was through Executive action or a policy requirement from the ATF themselves. It’s unlikely that Executive action would be a long term solution but I’d take a temporary reprieve from the lunacy for a short duration and then hope for a Trump re-election in 2020.

Gov shut down will effect the times for sure. Probably not a lot due to the Christmas season already serving as an excuse not to do much. If it goes on for a prolonged period of time or essentially after the new year it will be adding time for certain.

I think the thing that is frustrating is that there is no requirement to approve or deny in a set and limited amount of time. If there was that would serve as the requirement to improve the process and/or to hire more people. This could be solved without any legislation requiring to be passed. Whether that was through Executive action or a policy requirement from the ATF themselves. It’s unlikely that Executive action would be a long term solution but I’d take a temporary reprieve from the lunacy for a short duration and then hope for a Trump re-election in 2020.
You better get everything you can remotely think of as important before the next election cycle. I predict it will be worse than 2016, and that another mini panic may ensue, like the rush right before 41F went into effect.

I purchased my Hybrid 46 April 24th 2018 and was approved November 30th, got the stamp and picked it up today, December 21st. Just shy of 8 Months. And it’s my first can in case that makes a difference!C79D4EE3-6503-4FE5-9CD3-051CDE75C204.jpeg

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
Guess I should have been more specific. Anyone know if the NFA Branch workers that process forms will be furloughed with the government shutdown?

Yes they will be furloughed. It’s really a huge pain in the butt for people that have to work with them. The govt employees won’t have to work, then they will sign a bill extending the payment and they will come back to work and still get paid for the days they didn’t work. Only “essential personnel “ don’t get free time off. All military are considered essential regardless of whether they are actually doing something essential at the time.

This will result in at least a day for day extension on your form 4 approval wait. Possibly more just due to inefficiencies of starting and stopping work.

The process is indeed shit. There is no reason it should take this long period. A friend of mine put a suppressor on his HSP.308 a few weeks ago and We still needed ear pro......he waited 303 days for a piece of shit suppressor.....I hope my sig suppressor isn’t complete shit. I have been waiting since 3/10/18. Libs have no idea what these things do. They think suppressors make you some type of super assassin and make you invisible or some shit. These mfs have the wrong idea from watching too many movies. I guarantee if they actually have a range day they would see that the HPA is actually beneficial and only misunderstood as being dangerous. At the end of the day bad people are going to do bad shit regardless. Suppressor or no suppressor they are still going to do bad. We the law abiding citizens, are the ones that are rewarded with bullshit like the tax stamp. Ok another note I would be happy to pay the $200 dollars for the tax stamp if I could get my suppressor the same day. I pay you your damn unconstitutional tax...and you give me my damn toy.....simple as that. Quid pro Quo

The process is indeed shit. There is no reason it should take this long period. A friend of mine put a suppressor on his HSP.308 a few weeks ago and We still needed ear pro......he waited 303 days for a piece of shit suppressor.....I hope my sig suppressor isn’t complete shit. I have been waiting since 3/10/18. Libs have no idea what these things do. They think suppressors make you some type of super assassin and make you invisible or some shit. These mfs have the wrong idea from watching too many movies. I guarantee if they actually have a range day they would see that the HPA is actually beneficial and only misunderstood as being dangerous. At the end of the day bad people are going to do bad shit regardless. Suppressor or no suppressor they are still going to do bad. We the law abiding citizens, are the ones that are rewarded with bullshit like the tax stamp. Ok another note I would be happy to pay the $200 dollars for the tax stamp if I could get my suppressor the same day. I pay you your damn unconstitutional tax...and you give me my damn toy.....simple as that. Quid pro Quo
Supersonic rounds aren't hearing safe. hearing loss is cumulative. A .22 will damage your hearing

Get a set of "clear armor" muffs. They're like $15 off amazon.

Reactions: VAyoungGunner
Yes they will be furloughed. It’s really a huge pain in the butt for people that have to work with them. The govt employees won’t have to work, then they will sign a bill extending the payment and they will come back to work and still get paid for the days they didn’t work. Only “essential personnel “ don’t get free time off. All military are considered essential regardless of whether they are actually doing something essential at the time.

This will result in at least a day for day extension on your form 4 approval wait. Possibly more just due to inefficiencies of starting and stopping work.

FWIW Called today and office is open.

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6