• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Recent NFA wait times?....

What I’ve read says only 25% of the government is affected by the shutdown. It must be one of the ones still funded.

I'm sure check cashing is considered essential personnel and iirc it has nothing to do with form approval. It's the first thing they do

“Greetings from Silencer Shop! Just a quick note letting you know that your application was received by the ATF and the check was cashed on 1/4/2019”

Well got this email twice today for two cans now the real wait begins.

Form 3 times have gone from 1 day to 12 to 20 days from what I hear... I had a Form 3 get kicked back... called to check on it... they said I could not talk to an examiner until after the shutdown... I asked them then who kicked back my form 3 if the examiner was not there? lol

SO I am sure Form 4 times are being affected..

Still waiting on two form 4's that had the checks cashed 05/27/18, but I recently had a form 1 come back. Check was cashed 06/04/18 and it was approved on 11/07/18.

I bought a SiCo Switchback on 12/19 and it took a couple weeks for the Form 3 to clear. It was delivered this past Monday. I wasn’t sure if it was going to get through before the shutdown affected things. There are a couple of Form 2s I need to file with them, I wonder how long they will sit in the mail room at the NFA Branch (not that it matters)?

Honestly, not getting the NFA items in jail is the ONLY way this is affecting me or anyone I know. It's already annoying that my rights are infringed on like this, so NFG.
Sorry if your pay is delayed because of this, but I can assure you I've sacrificed more than you for Uncle Stupid if this is your biggest gripe.

Checks are cashed elsewhere and then the forms are sent to the "examiners". Rest assured the government is cashing checks everyday regardless of no Form 4 processing until shutdown ends.

Checks are cashed elsewhere and then the forms are sent to the "examiners". Rest assured the government is cashing checks everyday regardless of no Form 4 processing until shutdown ends.
I believe BOA processes the checks and sends the paperwork to the Bureau, who presumably lets them just stack up.

Before the shut-down, any call to Martinsburg was met with the "we are running an average of 7 months". Based on 4/5 stamps received, this was accurate.

Not all that fun on the manufacturing side either. No form 2's or 3's means no sales. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon.

I believe BOA processes the checks and sends the paperwork to the Bureau, who presumably lets them just stack up.

In my head I'm picturing a big and growing stack of cardboard boxes sitting in front of the ATF building getting rained and snowed on.... The F4 for my Obsidian 45 is in there somewhere, so lonely, cold and scared.

In my head I'm picturing a big and growing stack of cardboard boxes sitting in front of the ATF building getting rained and snowed on.... The F4 for my Obsidian 45 is in there somewhere, so lonely, cold and scared.

You forgot to mention/add that the ATF doesn't give a flying fuck. Your F4 should be absolutely shivering now (along with mine and everyone elses).

I purchased a can (Griffin Optimus) from Silencer Shop on 12/28/2018 and completed the fingerprints, trust paperwork and all that the same day. My order status shows that they are still waiting on Form 3 approval to send the can to my FFL. I was going to follow up with a Form 1 for a 300BLK SBR (a can without an SBR to put it on is like peanut butter without jelly), but I'm hesitant to do anything until the shutdown ends. :(

May as well get in line now. Would give you time to mail off the paperwork if you do the online Efile.

I got this today:

Greetings from Silencer Shop! Just a quick note letting you know that your application was received by the ATF and the check was cashed on 2/14/2019 for order xxxxxxxxx.

Clock has started!

Edit:

Purchased: 12/27/2018
Silencer Shop Kiosk Prints: 12/28/2018
(enter extended infringement period.)
Form 3 Approved: 2/3/2019
Form 4 Trust Sent: 2/4/2019
Check Cashed: 2/14/2019

Last edited:
The ATF's 2019 budget request included a plus up of 25 positions and $13.2M to support NFA processing with a goal of processing applications in 90 days (see attachment). It would appear that the funding bill the president signed included the full requested budget of $1,316,678,000, so while I'm sure it will take months to hire and train the extra people, hopefully there's a light at the end of the wait time tunnel. Maybe some of that $13.2M will go towards making eForm 4s a reality.

Screenshot_20190216-070528.png

Attachments

• 26_bs_section_ii_chapter_-_atf_2.12.18.pdf
    170.8 KB · Views: 51
My payment was accepted early May 2018 and still waiting.
My previous NFA stuff has ALL been 13 months +.

anyone know what the current wait for a form 3 is? I bought a can before christmas/shutdown and it still hasn't transferred as far as I know

anyone know what the current wait for a form 3 is? I bought a can before christmas/shutdown and it still hasn't transferred as far as I know
Last i heard it was only like several days before the gov shut down.. my local nfa store that has really knowledgeable guys said they were getting form 3’s done in less than a work week after they had been submitted.

Purchased my TBAC February 7th and form 3 was submitted that day or the next. Form 3 approved today and it shipped to my dealer.

I guess I'll call the seller tomorrow, the local shop doing the transfer for me sent them an expired SOT like 3 times on accident and when I stopped in to pick up my AI a couple weeks ago the guy at the counter asked me what was going on with my form 3 (as if I am one of the parties and would have any idea). Ain't life grand.

I bought 2 cans last year at the same time, both from silencer shop. The 2 form 4 checks were cashed a few days apart, but one form 3 was approved before the form 4 check was cashed, the other was approved 4 months after the form 4 check was cashed. But I received both stamps on the same day and picked them up at the same time.

So as long as the form 4 check was cashed, your wait has started. The form 3 approval doesn't appear to effect the wait time.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Still waiting... Ck cashed 7/02, and still pending as of yesterday. Dont know how it works, but sucks on my end. Thght I wld have can by now. :(

I bought a can on Silencershop 2/3,
Still waiting... Ck cashed 7/02, and still pending as of yesterday. Dont know how it works, but sucks on my end. Thght I wld have can by now. :(

You should have it by Memorial Day.

I called this morning to check the status on a form 4. Check cashed early May. The nice lady I talked to told me that the latest averages they are seeing is right about 9 months. In ATF language that means 9 to 13 months.

Reactions: kRcu
Checks cashed May 11th 2018 on a trust C3 dealer got stamps 2-28.19 I got stamps delivery of my Maxim 9 pistol and FNC 5.56 MG yesterday 3.1.19

Went the Trust route.
For the Silencerco Hybrid
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/23/2018
Approved by ATF 3/15/2019
Picked up at dealer 3/23/2019

For the El Camino
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 7/10/2018
Approved by the ATF - Who the heck knows TBD

Went the Trust route.
For the Silencerco Hybrid
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/23/2018
Approved by ATF 3/15/2019
Picked up at dealer 3/23/2019

For the El Camino
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 7/10/2018
Approved by the ATF - Who the heck knows TBD

My first check was cashed 6/29/2018. So I might be getting close

I was in my LGS last week where I ordered my 2 cans from, and the dealer was telling a prospective customer to figure on 10-12 months! The two I ordered have now hit the 10 month range.

A guy at work just got his back and told me is was 2 years, 2 weeks and a day. That is crazy. This was for a can fyi

yes i tried to pick his brain on it and could not get a good reason.. I asked if he ever called down there to check up and he said no but he thought the gun shop was. That tells me prob no one did