• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Recent NFA wait times?....

Just got my first one back at 290 days. 10 months from check cashed. Which puts my other 2 stamps 4 months out.

Reactions: deaddogs
I called ATF Friday and was told my paper work was approved on April 26, 13 months since my paper work was submitted. I hope Mile High gives me a call soon so I can pick up my new Thunderbeast.

Mine is going on 10. I've started calling every Monday. The 27th I'm asking for my examiner, then I get my state rep involved if I have to.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Called today and Austin answered. My furthest out pending is from 7/24/18 and he said still pending and not assigned to an examiner yet. This is by far the longest I've waited for any of my cans.

Called today and Austin answered. My furthest out pending is from 7/24/18 and he said still pending and not assigned to an examiner yet. This is by far the longest I've waited for any of my cans.

Mine is 7/25/18 and it's my first can. Have another one in that I did during the shutdown but I'm honestly not concerned about how long that one will take. I just want my first can. :cry:

Mine is 7/25/18 and it's my first can. Have another one in that I did during the shutdown but I'm honestly not concerned about how long that one will take. I just want my first can. :cry:

Same here 7/25/18. Called Monday, still pending.....

I am at 7/16/18 so I guess it's not looking good for any of us. Was told pending still this past Friday (5/3/19) this is my first one I have a second that was cashed 4/10/19. So that one is at a long wait as well.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
The shutdown effed us good on wait times, and soon they should be hitting that massive Silencerco promotion, if they haven't already, I imagine that will have quite an impact on wait times as well. My latest approval was cashed July 14, 2018, approved April 10th, and at dealer April 19th.

Reactions: vigildom7
The shutdown effed us good on wait times, and soon they should be hitting that massive Silencerco promotion, if they haven't already, I imagine that will have quite an impact on wait times as well. My latest approval was cashed July 14, 2018, approved April 10th, and at dealer April 19th.

Mine still hasn’t shown up. So it isn’t slowing things down yet. I got a stamp for my maxim 9 almost a month ago, but I still haven’t received the free can

Continued from above and added info for 2nd item.

Went the Trust route.
For the Silencerco Hybrid
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/23/2018
Approved by ATF 3/15/2019
Picked up at dealer 3/23/2019

For the El Camino
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 7/10/2018
Approved by the ATF - 5/16/2019
Picked up at Dealer 5/28/2019

296 vs 310 days for approval so by my count wait times are increasing :(:poop:

296 vs 310 days for approval so by my count wait times are increasing :(:poop:

I wonder how many suppressors were sold during the SiCo promotion last summer, your second one was during that promotion. I imagine there was a large spike in sales for that month over surrounding months.

Dealer just called at lunch with my OK. Going in later this afternoon to pick up 2. 344 days!

ETA: 344 days from the time the CC cleared at the ATF. 383 days from purchase! Puchased at local gun shop going through Silencer Shop.

Last edited:
Starting to think their nine months is more like eleven...
That's the way it's looking with the recent approvals and people still waiting with July checks.

Reactions: vigildom7
Check cashed November 18, 2018, out of jail approval October 29, 2019, trust, looks like 345 days ... phone call from the gunshop a couple days ago.

2 cans, both checks cashed 12/04/2018. 1 approved 10/30/2019 1 still pending. Both were single shot trusts

Most recent ones were:

Check cashed 4/2019 & approved 12/14

check cashed 6/2019 & approved 9/2019

Got lucky on this one, called to see why other one was still held up “we process in order we receive them” .... had her repeat a few times before I asked about other one being “out of order”.

Reactions: Night Assassin
Most recent ones were:

Got lucky on this one, called to see why other one was still held up “we process in order we receive them” .... had her repeat a few times before I asked about other one being “out of order”.

Check cashed 5/16, still waiting ? FBATF

Most recent ones were:

When in April was your check cashed? I haven't seen any approvals for pending dates past April 9th yet. 05/23 getting twitchy.

Called today. I have several from April and all are still pending. Mine are all trusts. Lady said roughly 10 months right now on Trusts

Here are some of the customers or people i nknow of that applied recently.

03/25/19 paperwork sent off
04/11/19 checked cashed
12/04/19 stamp was in hands of ffl

the longest wait time ive seen so far is one from 11/17. That guy still hasn't gotten his back. Most are right at 10-12 months with that shutdown before it was like 6-8 months. I have had two customers come back in 2 1/2 months this year.