• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

recoil lug too big for MDT TAC 21..any suggestions

Roger Sherman

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Omaha, Ne
greetings...I've got an MDT TAC 21 chassis to put around my Rem 700...unfortunately I've got an aftermarket recoil lug and it won't fit the chassis...any suggestions on where to remove metal and how much to take off? waiting on a response from the Manufacturer...but if someone's already cracked the code, I'd love to hear it

thanks!

roger

Re: recoil lug too big for MDT TAC 21..any suggestions

Remove material in front of the recoil lug slot on the stock.

The action will want to go backwards forcing the lug back against the stock.

ETA:
Here's Mark @ SAC comments on the rifle he built me.

"Also, I was not in love with the inletting that was done, the threaded boss' in the front and rear were contacting the stock really bad as well as the front recoil lug, so I opened up the boss' slightly larger and inletted in front and below the reoil lugs a little more to allow only the recoil lugs to do the work, not the boss or have a conflicting side of the recoil lug do it."

Click for full size to see the recoil lug space.

I know the maker personally and he told me that the chassis was designed for 90% of the guys out there who have bone stock Remington 700's. For something custom you gotta do a bit of work...no biggie

Thanks...I'm not too bent out of shape about it not fitting...I'm just not sure how tight I should make it fit.

I wonder if anyone has tried bedding the action to the chassis, or just 'gluing' the receiver in

cheers

anyone with experience bedding or gluing the action into this chassis?

thanks