• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Recoil rebound spring for Glock

BigUn

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Chelsea OK
Just wanted to give a small review on a product i assumed to be a gimmick. They stack a set of Belleville washers on the recoil rod to absorb the impact of the slide hitting bottom. (Try racking your slide hard and feel the metal on metal impact at the far rearward position) I found this at the wanenmacher gun show and thought it was a neat idea but wasn’t sure how it would work in real life. I’ve been taken by the snake oil salesman before, and not only that, I generally don’t think glocks need the crap modified out of them in the first place. A good set of Dawson precision sights and you’re GTG.
Anyway, I installed this product and liked how the slide felt when it bottomed out against the frame, but I was really impressed when I shot it.
It’s significantly improved double tap times and group size during rapid fire, and I can’t wait to see what kind of round count it hold up to. I used it with factory and reduced power hand loads and it cycled flawlessly. I think the only improvement that could be made is interchangeable main springs of different weights. Even so I plan on ordering one for all my pistols.
I have no affiliation with this company just a satisfied customer.

Attachments

• 0908F7E2-6C98-4365-B175-0D00AE64D164.jpeg
    0908F7E2-6C98-4365-B175-0D00AE64D164.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 52
  • F03E2116-C05D-47A0-92C6-15347C23489C.jpeg
    F03E2116-C05D-47A0-92C6-15347C23489C.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 4DD42BC7-366E-4378-AB74-910702E04953.jpeg
    4DD42BC7-366E-4378-AB74-910702E04953.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 57
the one surefire way to make glock to make it unreliable it to fill it full of bullshit "upgrades"

the only people i hear that have issues with glocks are those that have done "mods" to them.....titanium parts, custom recoil springs, ect.

95% of their effectiveness is placebo effect......your brain sees a difference because youve spent money on this shit and you want it to work.

I have several Recoil Rebound products (when they were able to be found and glad I over bought)and they are most instrumental in gauging what spring to utilize suppressed as different cans have variable back pressures and related kinetics. Of course if you just never shoot anything but stock ammo no +P one might not understand this value.
I have migrated to these devices in all my Glocks especially the 10MM model 40 and 40 cal S&W Glock model 22. They completely have been reliable stopping frame slap from HOT 10MM suppressed ammo and the 10MM will even cycle un-suppressed 40 cal ammo as well.

Glocks are nice out of the BOX and should be left stock for CCH not just for reliability but civil court too. As a retired LEO I can tell you not to modify a duty or CCH weapon. But for the truly discriminating hand gun enthusiast, one not stuck in some sour grape RUT, the Recoil Rebound idea has opened another venue for me tuning my collection of 42 Glock platforms.

I presently am collecting aircraft hard beveled washers and applying them to a frame slapping 1911 Colt Delta Elite 1987 Variant #1 with great success in allowing hot and mild ammo to narrow slide velocity and abate the sometimes sting frame slap was causing. Same with a Para Elite Hunter 1911 in 10MM. Really a nice addition. But again, not for defense or duty by any means.

Now I am having fun making my own. Go to a local Fastenal and show them the bevels you might want and they have tons. I also located some on Aircraft Spruce Aviation Parts Supply. My friend the machinist is showing me how to make my own out of stainless, flats, bevel, heat treat, and measure capacity. Again, a new hobby at each juncture.

Keep in touch and let me know if you ever can find the Recoil Rebound guy out there he has seemed to have vanished!

Last edited:
the one surefire way to make glock to make it unreliable it to fill it full of bullshit "upgrades"

the only people i hear that have issues with glocks are those that have done "mods" to them.....titanium parts, custom recoil springs, ect.

95% of their effectiveness is placebo effect......your brain sees a difference because youve spent money on this shit and you want it to work.
Yes and no

Tuning slide speed to reduce muzzle dip by changing the recoil spring's rate is a legitimate way to improve splits and/or controllability. Most good or even halfway decent USPSA shooters do it to some degree or another.

I recently switched recoil springs in my P-09 from the OEM 20 lb/in to a 15 lb/in spring for use with 115 gr loads at 130 power factor. 10 yard splits remained the same in the .2 to .22 range but vertical dispersion was cut by roughly 50 percent.

Not bad for a $30 investment (new guide rod and spring).