• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Recommend a new AIAX barrel

seafury

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2010
CA
Hey all,

Hopefully in the near future, I will be shopping for a 24" 6.5 CM barrel for my AIAX. It's currently fitted with the factory 308 Win 20" barrel. I plan to keep the 308 and swap between the two as needed.

My initial thought was to try and get my hands on a Win Tactical barrel in FDE from Mile High but it seems they don't carry the FDE color and everything looks to be out of stock quite often. I'll admit I haven't called over there to ask them about availability yet. I purchased the rifle from them and every interaction has been excellent. If my understanding is correct, from the factory my AI came with a Win Tactical barrel and I like the thought of having another "factory" barrel for it in 6.5 CM as long as it fits the specs I want.

I'm not well versed in the aftermarket offerings for these rifles as far as barrels go or if there is a gold standard or certain barrel maker to shy away from. So I ask the hide, where would you recommend I look for a new barrel? What would be your choice and why.

As an aside, for anyone running an AI brake on your rifle, how do you like it? Is it worth the premium $$?

Rifle will most likely be shooting 140gr or 130gr ELD-M hand loads. Mostly just for long range fun but I'd like to take it to some matches when I don't feel like shooting the BRA.

Specs:
6.5 CM
24" threaded for a brake
Color matched to factory AI FDE.

Thanks!

I keep coming back to the win tac barrels....

Every one I have had has been a hammer

I have a factory AI 26” 6.5cm barrel on my AX. MH was able to equip it that way when I bought it which is exactly what I wanted. They had it in stock and in my color (elite sand). I’d call and discuss with them, I bet they’ve got what you want and worst case I’m sure they can get it.

Bartlein Barrel with Sawtooth Rifles chambering it.... coat it black or leave it stainless....

1595561927113.gif

Reactions: hic28
Consider Straight Jacket Armory for your AIAX barrel! SJA is offering custom prefits for AI actions. Call with any questions 307-707-3181 Ext 1

Shoot Straight!

StraightShooter77

What blanks do y’all use?