• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red Jacket

Re: Red Jacket

the best was the ak sniper episode ! shooting 1000 yds with with an ak sinpa

They cont me when the ower rants about not needing a depth mic for chambering a rifle, I can't phathom a gun shop not having a depth mic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are/were one of the top AK builders in the US. Problem is they should have stuck to doing what they were good at. I'm 110% sure the show is mostly stagged and its been great for their cash flow but the show is retarded and thats hard to get past.

Wouldnt look at anything other than an AK from them and given that I would look to Krebs or Jim Fuller (Rifle Dynamics) before ordering a RJF AK. </div></div>
I try to watch the show because its about guns, but I just can't take the BS and the pumped-up drama.

Someone should email the link to this thread to Red Jacket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve154</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone ever see how the ass clown posed with the motorcycle machine gun shoots a pistol? I cringe at the thought of the potential numbers of untrained people out there that will see that and think that is how it's done. I want to slap him in the back of the head. </div></div>

They do preface each show with the disclaimer "Dont try this at home, <span style="text-decoration: underline">single wide or double wide</span>"

On another note, I have never seen these assclowns at SHOT Show... I think they know they are total frauds and would be laughed out of the place, or have the crap beat out of them in some back hallway...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They cont me when the ower rants about not needing a depth mic for chambering a rifle, I can't phathom a gun shop not having a depth mic. </div></div>

That freaking blew me away when he was going on about that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThorUSMC3209</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They cont me when the ower rants about not needing a depth mic for chambering a rifle, I can't phathom a gun shop not having a depth mic. </div></div>

That freaking blew me away when he was going on about that. </div></div>

It's theatrics for his low to middle IQ target audiance who will think a "depth micrometer" is some sophisticated device analogous to something like a "flux capacitor", which he will probably rant about on some future episode and claim Doc Brown stole it from him and he needs a new one for his shop to finish his new "game changer" uber weapon which the military will be lining up for. (How about one of his Saiga 12's with a plunger mounted under the barrel, kind of a new take on the "master key" concept he "Will" invented. That would be real useful around his place...)

I'm sure the original poster's question has been answered by now, but if not, I'd buy a DPMS LR-308 before I would buy anything from these guys. For now I'll stick with my AR-10 and hope that Santa brings me a GAP upper for it, but I have my doubts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThorUSMC3209</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They cont me when the ower rants about not needing a depth mic for chambering a rifle, I can't phathom a gun shop not having a depth mic. </div></div>

It's theatrics for his low to middle IQ target audiance who will think a "depth micrometer" is some sophisticated device analogous to something like a "flux capacitor", which he will probably rant about on some future episode and claim Doc Brown stole it from him and he needs a new one for his shop to finish his new "game changer" uber weapon which the military will be lining up for. (How about one of his Saiga 12's with a plunger mounted under the barrel, kind of a new take on the "master key" concept he "Will" invented. That would be real useful around his place...) </div></div>

Haha touche sir, touche

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThorUSMC3209</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They cont me when the ower rants about not needing a depth mic for chambering a rifle, I can't phathom a gun shop not having a depth mic. </div></div>

It's theatrics for his low to middle IQ target audiance who will think a "depth micrometer" is some sophisticated device analogous to something like a "flux capacitor", which he will probably rant about on some future episode and claim Doc Brown stole it from him and he needs a new one for his shop to finish his new "game changer" uber weapon which the military will be lining up for. (How about one of his Saiga 12's with a plunger mounted under the barrel, kind of a new take on the "master key" concept he "Will" invented. That would be real useful around his place...) </div></div>

Most of the people that like the show are your stereotypical red necks. I work Gun shows all over the state of GA. The shop I work with has a few MG53 yugos and a few 1919s and I can't tell you how many red jacked lovin blumpkins say "OHHH shoooot that's one of them guns they have on that show suns of guuuunss yehhh hawwww!" There is no arguing with these people either. It's not even worth it. Once the words red jacket or anything relate to it come out of someones mouth I just walk away... It's truly a shame that it has come to this.

How do you mount "dual" m4's, run them full auto and choose to feed'em via beta mags... Now lets see you clear a malfunction; that would be funny.

I've been stuck in the land of the coon-ass for the Holiday period. That's Louisiana for those not in the know. There was a 24-hour marathon or something the other day and I had the show on in the background. I had not seen an episode in ages.

The Snaggle-Tooth appears to have been fixed. The shop now has a real Haas Lathe but, clearly nobody knows how to machine with a CNC. The show was better and worse. They take care of our veterans; Best thing about the show. Then to make it worse: The useless douche-bag get air time.

Unfortunately, I work with people who love the show. I do not engage in gun related conversation with them. I occasionally fix stupid but, I can't change stupid that's bred.

Louisiana. I get paid to be here. I would NEVER be here otherwise and that show shows why!

It will be a long time before I see another episode... if at all.

AnschutzNerd

Im not going to trash the show. It seems very scripted they. try and pose the daughter like a super model. With that being said the owner seems to be honorable and shows respect where it is due in terms of veterans cops ect. In the world of reality t.v. I would rather watch that than any of the jersey shows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnschutzNerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been stuck in the land of the coon-ass for the Holiday period. That's Louisiana for those not in the know. There was a 24-hour marathon or something the other day and I had the show on in the background. I had not seen an episode in ages.

The Snaggle-Tooth appears to have been fixed. The shop now has a real Haas Lathe but, clearly nobody knows how to machine with a CNC. The show was better and worse. They take care of our veterans; Best thing about the show. Then to make it worse: The useless douche-bag get air time.

Unfortunately, I work with people who love the show. I do not engage in gun related conversation with them. I occasionally fix stupid but, I can't change stupid that's bred.

Louisiana. I get paid to be here. I would NEVER be here otherwise and that show shows why!

AnschutzNerd
</div></div>

Hey brother, I do not like the show, I feel it is in bad taste and is fodder for the anti-gun crowd....

Now as far as putting down Louisiana, you hit the nail on the head, you are getting paid to be here, this is a good place to work and live, I am from here, engineering degree from here, work for a major company here and since you so proudly stated you would NEVER be here otherwise, I will gladly pay you to pack up your Walmart bags and get the fuck out....now where do you want me to send the check?

I also suggest that you fully understand the moniker "Coonass" before you liberally apply it to Louisiana in general (am I typing too fast or using too big of words for you to understand or follow? If I am, I'm sorry)

I watch both shows. While neither of them impress me with the fact all their targets have to blow up, and editing really cuts out a lot of reality that would be related to the actual firearm, I will take Sons of Guns over American Guns. Yeah, the wifey and daughter in AG are smoking hot, unless they plan to do a movie that would require me to wait for the wife and kid to be in bed in order to watch, I am otherwise uninterested. The owner of gunsmoke seems like a nice guy, and the smiths seem more competant, but the whole show is way over scripted. You can see some, like the owner, are not use to the camera, and over do a lot of the scenes making it seem like one of my wifes soap operas. Sons of Guns has its moments too, but the owner of Red Jacket seems more comfortable in front of the camera. His atitude and demeanor makes it seem like anyone feels welcome in his store, where in AG, if I dont pull up in at least a 60k car or own my own plane, then I am less likely to be shown much attention as a customer past "Hi how ya doing" and "it will be this much". In one show you have "Get me the money, and lots of it." and in the other you have "We will do it to see if it can be done, but it will cost you."

I was going to post that it looks like they de-snaggled the daughter but then I thought... eh... who gives a shit?

i think we should sign a petition to take them off the air. NRA should get it or something, they are on TV and violate all safety regs. and blow shit up. i was in a gun store the 24th their was a husband and wife talking about how all gun owners are that way. they where selling their sons shot gun he saved up all summer to get. because he watches that show they think hell turn in to that. i agree with you they probably have their own messed up things if they think that will make him crazy but you know what i mean.

im not trying to get political but come on really? this telling kids how it is

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnschutzNerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been stuck in the land of the coon-ass for the Holiday period. That's Louisiana for those not in the know. There was a 24-hour marathon or something the other day and I had the show on in the background. I had not seen an episode in ages.

AnschutzNerd
</div></div>

Hey brother, I do not like the show, I feel it is in bad taste and is fodder for the anti-gun crowd....

Now as far as putting down Louisiana, you hit the nail on the head, you are getting paid to be here, this is a good place to work and live, I am from here, engineering degree from here, work for a major company here and since you so proudly stated you would NEVER be here otherwise, I will gladly pay you to pack up your Walmart bags and get the fuck out....now where do you want me to send the check?

I also suggest that you fully understand the moniker "Coonass" before you liberally apply it to Louisiana in general (am I tying too fast or using too big of words for you to understand or follow? If I am, I'm sorry) </div></div>

+1 77Bronc!!!! From another non-coonass La resident. And nothing against coonasses either-lot of my real friends are. Don't like it here? STFU and GTFO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think we should sign a petition to take them off the air. NRA should get it or something, they are on TV and violate all safety regs. and blow shit up. i was in a gun store the 24th their was a husband and wife talking about how all gun owners are that way. they where selling their sons shot gun he saved up all summer to get. because he watches that show they think hell turn in to that. i agree with you they probably have their own messed up things if they think that will make him crazy but you know what i mean.

im not trying to get political but come on really? this telling kids how it is </div></div>

+1 I agree take the show off the air. The have stained the firearms family name...

Which is worse? Having to sit in the room while someone else watches Glee or to watch Red Jacket? Yeah RJ is a poster child for gun control but watching a bunch of he-she's prance and sing in tights makes me want to hurl. Your choice if you're going to watch TV. I'll be out in the garage deconstructing something thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coryfls3vvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice that in the last episode <span style="color: #CC0000">after they built and fired the napalm cannon</span> that <span style="color: #CC0000">Will's face was burnt up and the skin was peeling off of his forehead</span>?.... Such a clown show

I will take a pic from the tv with my cell phone if no one beats me to it. </div></div>

Please post that pic we can all, LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!! </div></div>

Here it is...

burntupclownfromrjf.jpg

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the show (every one) if you missed it:
1- Someone wants some outlandish crap built (automatic grenade launcher, 12ga mini-gun, etc.)
2- Will accepts it for what seems to be an aggressive timeline
3- Will gives a speech on how <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">THIS</span></span> project is the "most dangerous" and/or "most difficult" Red Jacket has <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span></span> faced
4- Crap happens during development and testing
5- Will gets pissed and gives a short speech on "his word"
6- Magically they make it happen, the client is happy
7- The End.

There ya go </div></div>

This.
LOLZ

The worst part too is that they bow down to Will like he is their creator, and he will say like one cliche he got off the internet everyday and they think he is the smartest dude ever.

Best part was when they test fired that .380 abortion on a grizzly bear target, I'd love to see some of those guys tackle a griz with a .380 for real.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cfl Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the show (every one) if you missed it:
1- Someone wants some outlandish crap built (automatic grenade launcher, 12ga mini-gun, etc.)
2- Will accepts it for what seems to be an aggressive timeline
3- Will gives a speech on how <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">THIS</span></span> project is the "most dangerous" and/or "most difficult" Red Jacket has <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">ever</span></span> faced
4- Crap happens during development and testing
5- Will gets pissed and gives a short speech on "his word"
6- Magically they make it happen, the client is happy
7- The End.

There ya go </div></div>

This.
LOLZ

The worst part too is that they bow down to Will like he is their creator, and he will say like one cliche he got off the internet everyday and they think he is the smartest dude ever. </div></div>

Ha! So basically the "The Jeremy Clarkson, of The Orange County Choppers, of 'concept guns'".

I am a fan of the American Guns show...the mom and daughter are good looking and they actually have some talent when putting together some weapons. Even the 21yr old son can do some really good engraving.

They must be making some cash over their since I have not seen alot of guys who fly around in their own helicopter with 50k in cash and buy gun collections on the spot. Must be some more made for tv show scripting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a fan of the American Guns show...the mom and daughter are good looking and they actually have some talent when putting together some weapons. Even the 21yr old son can do some really good engraving.

They must be making some cash over their since I have not seen alot of guys who fly around in their own helicopter with 50k in cash and buy gun collections on the spot. Must be some more made for tv show scripting. </div></div>

Yea, but to be honest it doesnt even look like the daughter is in reality a part of the family. It looks like they just added her in to make it more entertaining for perverts. If you look in the show too, it always tries to put her in there as naked as possible, without it being too outrageous; I mean hell just look at the intro, it zones on her like 3 times as long as everyone else.

Like you said too, they make it seem like people drop 50K on guns on the spot, and if they really do, do that then they are retarded. That shop charges out the ass for some pretty basic stuff too, it doesnt seem like they do the best quality work either (not saying its horrible).

The other thing that bothers me is the owner guy, I think his name is Rich.?. He seems really insecure in his sexuality, I mean really insecure, like he might have some personal issues going on there. The only reason I bring this up, is I saw someone wanted a pink 1911 and the dude freaked. Its not like he was even going to be the one painting it lol. It was kind of irritating hearing him crying about a pink gun. I dont think thats the only time he freaked out about gun feminism on the show.

Admittedly seems a little more real than the Red Jacket show or what ever its actually called.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a fan of the American Guns show...the mom and daughter are good looking and they actually have some talent when putting together some weapons. Even the 21yr old son can do some really good engraving.

They must be making some cash over their since I have not seen alot of guys who fly around in their own helicopter with 50k in cash and buy gun collections on the spot. Must be some more made for tv show scripting. </div></div>

The mother and daughter are the only thing worth seeing on "American Guns" IMHO.. The show sucks, "Sons of Guns" is retarded as well. I watch Triggers with Will Willis when I catch it.

Rich, is that you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtrmn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnschutzNerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been stuck in the land of the coon-ass for the Holiday period. That's Louisiana for those not in the know. There was a 24-hour marathon or something the other day and I had the show on in the background. I had not seen an episode in ages.

AnschutzNerd
</div></div>

I also suggest that you fully understand the moniker "Coonass" before you liberally apply it to Louisiana in general (am I tying too fast or using too big of words for you to understand or follow? If I am, I'm sorry) </div></div>

+1 77Bronc!!!! From another non-coonass La resident. And nothing against coonasses either-lot of my real friends are. Don't like it here? STFU and GTFO. </div></div>

+1 Those clowns are not representative of LA. They are ignorant and so is Anerd. Plain and simple. Plenty of good people there and good food.

Sincerely,
Born and raised in NOLA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EasyJ1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a fan of the American Guns show...the mom and daughter are good looking and they actually have some talent when putting together some weapons. Even the 21yr old son can do some really good engraving.

The mother and daughter are the only thing worth seeing on "American Guns" IMHO.. The show sucks, "Sons of Guns" is retarded as well. I watch Triggers with Will Willis when I catch it. </div></div>

They could just do full episodes of the daughter shooting and I would be happy. hehehe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnschutzNerd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

AnschutzNerd
</div></div>

"Coonass" is considered a derogatory label by many here.
So, if you judge everyone in a state by a tv show, do us a favor and just stay out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EasyJ1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
rjf1.jpg
</div></div>
ROLMAO!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EasyJ1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
rjf1.jpg
</div></div>
ROLMAO!!!!! </div></div>

I know I almost spit up my drink when I saw that, flippin hilarious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EasyJ1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
rjf1.jpg
</div></div>
ROLMAO!!!!!</div></div>

I can't get over how funny this pic is!!!!

I just saw the preview for their next show. They make a big bore AR15. OMG why hasn't anyone else ever thought of making an AR in a 45 or 50 caliber round? Oh ya that's right - IT'S BEEN DONE MANY TIMES BEFORE!

The more I read and add to this thread, the madder I get, these guys have got to be the dumbest a-holes ever, I am telling you, these guys are dangerous, I am not joking, they are dangerous in many ways-zero machining skills.

I work with machinist and with machining processes for a living and some of the stuff I have seen them do would get them fired and escorted out where I work (if not at least drug tested)

The picture of that ass-clown with the handle bars in a posting above makes me want to puke every time I look at it.

From an inside source that is in the know...in the this weeks episode: They are building a full auto gatlin gun that fires 120mm paint balls for a world reknown big game hunter who is tasked with locating Bigfoot in venezuala?

As I sit like a giddy schoolgirl...OMG I cant wait!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 77Bronc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The picture of that ass-clown with the handle bars in a posting above makes me want to puke every time I look at it.
77 </div></div>

+

4e9Pc1315969221.jpg
[/quote]

I can't wait to see the love child.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their show is like a train wreck: I know its going to be an ugly disaster but I just can't look away. </div></div>
You are so right. I have given them the 3 thumbs DOWN on my TiVo.
I work part-time as a machinist and a barrelsmith at a local gunsmith shop. The hacksaw and dremel 'smithing I see on that show makes me want to puke.
And that chick that thinks she is all that. That show shold move to the 'REALTV' network so it can air between <span style="text-decoration: underline">Dog the bounty hunter</span>, and <span style="text-decoration: underline">Lizard Lick Towing</span>.

Re: Red Jacket .458 socom

Well the show may suck but they put together a suppresed .458 socom that actually looks decent. May be junk but the gun at least looks pretty badass. It's already up on their website for sale.