• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Redding profile crimp die

Zengineer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
sl,ut
I started loading for a 44 I just bought. I liked the lee crimp die so much I thought I would try a redding out. I'm not a pro at roll crimp but I don't know about this hybrid stuff.
Anybody with experience feel free to weigh in.

Re: Redding profile crimp die

I use the profile crimp for my 44Mag, and it provides a very nice crimp indeed, just dont over do it, or over crimp in this case. Here's how it should look.
240XTPwprofilecrimp.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zengineer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started loading for a 44 I just bought. I liked the lee crimp die so much I thought I would try a redding out. I'm not a pro at roll crimp but I don't know about this hybrid stuff.
Anybody with experience feel free to weigh in. </div></div>

Just out of curiosity if you liked the Lee FCD, why did you feel like spending money on the Redding?

Just wondering as unless someone's a Magazine Writer or "Blogger" and is writing reviews, once they find something that works great they usually just leave the money in their pocket?

Just curious.

because the Lee factory crimp die was for a 40 s&w
Oh and ill spend my money where ever the hell I want.

Ya I'm on the right track. Mine is a little different because the crime grove is different on the 240 swc I'm loading.