• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Redfield ring question...

clark98ut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2007
Liberty Hill, TX
I picked up a handful of rings/bases from a guy recently as a lot. After getting them, a friend of mine told me that they might be worth some money as he thought they were the rings/bases used on the original M40 sniper rifles. The bases are all wrapped in plastic and have never been opened, so appear to be in perfect shape. The rings are not wrapped, and a couple of them show a bit of rust/speckling.

Could one of you guys confirm/deny that for me with the attached pictures?

Thanks,

Dan

1006702-L.jpg

1006711-L.jpg

1006712-L.jpg

1006713-L.jpg

1006704-L.jpg

1006705-L.jpg

1006706-L.jpg

1006708-L.jpg

1006709-L.jpg

1006710-L.jpg

Re: Redfield ring question...

The medium matte finish rings with bottom screw were used on the M40A1.

2 of your bases are Long action. The M40A1 used the short action 1pc base with square cornes on rear of base. When they installed the Unertl scopes they then used the lugged base that sat into the clip slot features. These were made by Unertl and later USO.

None of the components you have pictured were ever used on the M40. They used the 4 screw Redfield rings and 40X marked 1pc bases.