• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Reloader Mounting Quandry

ElKellym

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Hey all

Any input is apprecaited.

I do not have a large place to reload the the Hornady AP if I mounted it on my deks would make 75% of it useless. So, Im thinking of putting this on a wall. Im going to get a good think piece of hard wood 1/2 thick as the backboard. Probably 2 or 3 foot square with a metric ton of screws going into the wall

My quandry is putting a strong enough shelf on that part to support the ammo plant. Im thinking the shelf will be a 2x6 with a 1/8th steel plate on the bottom for added strength but how to attach that to the backboard with the smallest amount or no play at all when pulling or pushing the handle.

I know its not the best option but its what I have.. Thoughts... Ideas...

Thanks

Sounds to me like it will need legs, so a mini bench.
Strong shelf brackets would work also. Doubling your shelf board would accomplish the same as steel.

I don't know if your issue is space or just that your table is a bit small bit small. When I got my LnL I went to the Salvation Army Store and bought an small oak dining table they had for 75 bucks. Its about 4 feet long and great for all my needs.