• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition Reloading press for F class

Blue Streak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
KY via Oklahoma
Looking to replace my worn RCBS press. Just getting into F/TR and was wondering what press is best for competition loading. I am using standard thread dies,..not the LE Wilson type, so I would like to stay away from the arbor presses.

I've read a few things about the co-ax type presses but don't know if they give better results than standard single stages presses or not. Thanks for your opinions.

Re: Reloading press for F class

I still use the old faithful RCBS Rockchucker presses, plus specific custom sizing dies that screw onto the press. You can use a Redding competition bullet seater that fits your press if you do not want to use Wilson seaters with a press.

I have a Redding type S neck sizing set, but my old RCBS has a lot of slop in it,..kind of side to side movement right at the bottom of the stroke. If I hold it tight to one side as I stroke the press, I get one reading on OAL and if I let it move, I get another,..a few thousands different.

Forster Co-Ax hands down (in my opinion!). Check out the current thread on press's in the reloading section, lots of different views there that may assist you.

Press thread

Good thread,..the co-ax sounds like its simple and very repeatable. The "repeatable" is the problem I'm having with my old RCBS. I can get good ammo out of it, but I'm a little "particular" about everything being as close as possible.

I'm probably worried about nothing,..but may end up with a co-ax from Santa this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still use the old faithful RCBS Rockchucker presses, plus specific custom sizing dies that screw onto the press. You can use a Redding competition bullet seater that fits your press if you do not want to use Wilson seaters with a press. </div></div>

The exact setup I use for FTR and FPR loading.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still use the old faithful RCBS Rockchucker presses, plus specific custom sizing dies that screw onto the press. You can use a Redding competition bullet seater that fits your press if you do not want to use Wilson seaters with a press. </div></div>

The exact setup I use for FTR and FPR loading.</div></div>

+1
Me 3

Maybe I'll just get a new Rockchucker. Mine old one sure seems to have a lot of side to side movement. I might call RCBS to ask them if there is a bushing or something I can replace to see if it tightens up the press any.

BS (sounds good, doesn't it?). I have found the Coax to be very good. However, since starting to use the "O" rings between the lock ring and the press, my run-out has decreased from +/- .003 to +/- .001 in my Dillon. The Rockchucker, if you like it, with the "O" ring mods will do you good. JMHO

I just bought some O-rings the other day,..haven't used them yet to see how they work.

Think I'll see what happens before I spend any money.