• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Reloading supplies and data for .375 Cheytac

Easyrider1965

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2012
I am a new member and I have a question concerning reloading equipment for .375 Cheytac. I've just ordered a DTA HTI in .375 Cheytac from Eurooptic today. I am now trying to get all the reloading equipment together. I've back ordered a set of dies from Cheytac directly that will work with the RCBS 50 bmg ammo master press. I am missing a few items will need information on them.

1. What is the shell holder to use for .375 Cheytac on a RCBS ammo master press?

2. How about the case length/head space gauge? I will also need one of these.

3. The case trimmer that will work with triming these cases. I am wondering whether a RCBS Trim Pro-2 Manual Case Trimmer Kit with a .375 pilot will work.

Re: Reloading supplies and data for .375 Cheytac

Get the RCBS shellholder made for the 505 Gibbs. Same case as the Cheytacs. Max case length is 3.04 but you can measure chamber with plug to get exact length. You will have to get the bigger case trimmer made by RCBS as yours is to short, or CH4D makes one to. Hopes this helps.

Just curious if Europtic quoted a time frame to receive your HTI?

The RCBS shell holder is number #47. As Excaliber stated, its the same one used as for the 505 Gibbs. As well as the RCBS large capacity case trimmer, I believe that Forster also makes a case trimmer as well as collets and pilots for the Cheytac sized cases.

Sorry, can't help with the head space gauges.

Thanks for the info. Do I have to use a RCBS Shell holder adapter? I thought the ammo master press uses a threaded shell holder for the 50 bmg.

I talked to Dan this morning and he said he has a .375 in stock. I was originally trying to purchase the 50 bmg version first. They had one a couple of weeks ago when I first checked. Apparently, they sold the 50s pretty quickly. So I ended up getting the .375 Cheytac first. I was planning to get the Cheytac conversion kit later on anyway
grin.gif
Instead, I got it before the 50. I should be receiving it within a week or so depending on how fast my local FFL shop send the info over.

When you say measure chamber with plug. Do you mean using a 375 cal Sinclair Chamber Length Gauge to measure with?

One more question on priming the case. Does a Sinclair 408/505 gibbs priming tool works? Or does the priming unit from the RCBS ammo master also work?