• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rem 700 barrel question

*Bones*

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2011
VA, Newport News
Hello all. I am new to the forum but not new to the "1.4" world. My question is I have a Remington 700 SPS Tac in 308 all stock with a fixed 16 power mark 4 M1 right now and its an amazing tac driver. At 100 yds with my own rolls I can make 5 shot groups that can be covered with a dime shooting from just a bipod. Still getting to the question.....
smile.gif
I want. I am going to have the barrel threaded for a can and plan on using a QD attachment with the 308 can. How bad is this if any going to affect my accuracy? All the wealth and know how for past experiences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks *Bones*

Re: Rem 700 barrel question

it won't, you'll probaly have a point if impact shift, but if the threads are done right, it'll be just as accurate... might have to work up another load

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I have to ask, what's "1.4"? Apparently I'm new to that world. </div></div>

Thats what I was thinking. My Smith is getting very very old and I think he cant hear the phone ring anymore so I am trying a new Smith and I am kinda eeeee. You know. How much difference do you think I will have? I will be using a YHM 308 can on it. I am sure the weight on the barrel will add to the shift as well as the harmonics but what kind of difference are we talking about? Right now I have the perfect load if its 26 or 96 outside its dead on cold bore up to the five shot. I just dont want to end up pissed.

Good deal. I just want to turn a real honest tac driver into crap. We were out a few months ago drilled a hole in a golf ball suspended it from a target frame and I was able to punch damn near dead center at 256 yds give or take a yard. Anyone else have a similar set up that can chime in?

Thanks for the help so far

My barrel was just threaded yesterday by my new found smith and I must say I was impressed with their shop. The only thing they didn't have was a c n c machine. They really met and exceeded my expectations for service and overall general knowledge. Hopefully my form 4 will be back soon.