• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rem. VLS in AICS

ugadeer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Athens, GA
Looking for a value as I'm going to sell a gun for a good friend and i'm not real familiar with the AICS or Badger Values.......here's the package i'd like to get an idea about

Rem 700 VLS .308 WIN (<100 rounds on the barreled action)
Rifle Basics Trigger (super crisp, maybe 1.5lbs)
AICS 1.5 in OD green, excellent condition
1 5rnd and 2 10 Badger 308 mags
Blackhawk Drag Bag in Great Cond. woodland camo
NCSTAR scope (piece of trash, i do know that)
Millet bases and rings (also garbage)
Harris Bipod (the short model)

I know that I could just add up the parts but I value ya'll opinion of value so would appreciate any ideas as to where to start on the sale.

Thanks, matt

Re: Rem. VLS in AICS

the stock is more like 750-800 its not the folder, those are roughly a grand but not the 1.5 for a good deal id say roughly 1500ish

you are not gonna get $1000 for the 1.5, market price for a brand new 1.5 AICS is around $800.

Scope and ring is not in the higher tier quality category, so the $300 estimate from Walsh should be mostly coming out of the mags. Depending on if the bipod's model and functions, the prices vary a little too.

Just my $0.02, hope it helps you.

Dyl..

PM sent.

Keep prices reasonable as used is used no matter how you stack it. A few minutes of looking online will get you in the ball park.

Todd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$1700-$2000.

$1000 for the stock, ~$850 for the rifle, and ~ $300 for everything else. </div></div>

Why $1000 for the stock? It's a AICS 1.5 which sells for $800 new and comes with 1 5-round aics mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugadeer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for a value as I'm going to sell a gun for a good friend and i'm not real familiar with the AICS or Badger Values.......here's the package i'd like to get an idea about

Rem 700 VLS .308 WIN (<100 rounds on the barreled action)
Rifle Basics Trigger (super crisp, maybe 1.5lbs)
AICS 1.5 in OD green, excellent condition
1 5rnd and 2 10 Badger 308 mags
Blackhawk Drag Bag in Great Cond. woodland camo
NCSTAR scope (piece of trash, i do know that)
Millet bases and rings (also garbage)
Harris Bipod (the short model)

I know that I could just add up the parts but I value ya'll opinion of value so would appreciate any ideas as to where to start on the sale.

Thanks, matt </div></div>

I am not sure if there is such a thing as badger magazines. I know the badger dbm uses aics magazines and of course the aics stock will use aics magazines.

Here would be my rundown of the price:

Rem 700 VLS is basically a remington varmint barreled action with a jewelled bolt and a laminated monte carlo stock. Here is my question: Do you still have the original stock? A 700VLS rifle with stock sells brand new for around $800 (you will never be able to sell for that much). Without stock, barreled action would be worth about $550 and less depending on condition and number of shots (it is worth a little bit more since the bolt is jeweled for smoother bolt movement but in the tactical community it may actually reduce value since jeweled bolts are not as tacti-cool).

Rifle Basix trigger, you did not state whether it has the safety or the bolt stop release included, also there are 3 models that can fit your description (L-1, LV-1, ERV-3). They range in price from $112-$169 for new ones from the factory. They would be worth $90-$140 in excellent condition here.

AICS 1.5 in OD with 1 5-round worth about $790 and lower depending on condition just because there still is a demand for them but not as high as before.

As for your other 2 10-round magazines; if they are true Accuracy International magazines then they sell for $70-80 each brand new (if in excellent condition will probably sell for $55-$65 here on the hide).

For the blackhawk drag bag, I am not sure if you are talking about the stalker drag bag or their "drag bag". The stalker bag will sell for around $90 and the "drag bag" will sell for around $170 here on the hide.

NCStar scope (it is probably better to sell individually or to use as a deal breaker to swing the potential buyer to buy your rig)

Millet bases and rings probably worth around $35-$40 depending on the model (I don't know exact model you have).

Harris Bipod (short model) I am assuming you are talking about 9"-13" and not swivel since you did not mention swivel. That is sells around $45-$55 here on the hide depending on condition.

All the prices I have listed are actual prices you can hope to sell these each item individually here on the hide. If you want to sell everything together then you will need to reduce your overall price by $50-$100.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Assuming the best:
</span>
700 Varmint Barreled action: <span style="font-weight: bold">$550</span>
Rifle Basix trigger (assuming you have ERV-3 K): <span style="font-weight: bold">$140</span>
AICS 1.5 with 1 5round (AICS mag) all in perfect condition: <span style="font-weight: bold">$790</span>
2 10round (AICS mag) in perfect condition: <span style="font-weight: bold">$65 x 2 = $130</span>
Blackhawk "drag bag" in excellent condition (assuming it is their more expensive model): <span style="font-weight: bold">$170</span>
NCstar scope: I would use as a <span style="font-weight: bold">deal breaker</span> or take it off and <span style="font-weight: bold">e-bay it</span>.
Millet rings and base in excellent condition: <span style="font-weight: bold">$40</span>
Harris bipod (assuming 9"-13" non swivel in excellent condition): <span style="font-weight: bold">$55</span>

Grand Total of: <span style="font-weight: bold">$1875</span>

That is if I buy everything here on the hide and piece it myself.

Package price usually about $50-$100 less than individual price added up = <span style="font-weight: bold">$1775</span>

Hope this helps

Gene

thanks to all of you for the opinions......i'm going to list it tomorrow here on the hide as one unit, probably minus the drag bag for $1500.......yes they are AICS mags, that was my mistake which is why I asked for help.....i'm sure i'll get some corrections when i post pics in the add but they are certainly welcome

thanks again for you help