• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Remington 700 DBM opinions from guys that put them in.....and use them.

Gonna FAFO….

image.jpg

Lust-worthy, in a word. Very, very nice. Everyone has a custom 6.5 in a chassis. This is next level.

Been following this for months. I put this rifle together a couple years ago. Factory aac-sd 16.5” on an unknown eBay walnut, bedded action and pic rail in JB, opened the barrel channel with sand paper and a dowel. Did the same sling attachment and short pic rail for a bipod, and splattered some krylon on it. Used linseed for the stock. Just wanted to see how well a home hack job would shoot.

8917ACA6-4B77-4555-9E75-530E6C008B17.jpeg

Actually shoots really well.

Now I want to take it down, inlet for an m5 and cerakote in a darker gray…then carry it to the elk mountains.

Anyway, your thread, not mine.

Very impressive work, and I admire the persistence.

Screwed around with scope inputs for 5 rounds…..FGMM, Creedmmoor Match, Reloads….

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Than entered what I thought was best scope setting for that round…

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last 5 see if I can do any better.

175 FGMM

image.jpg

167 grain Lapua Creedmoor Match

image.jpg

Reloads - First one almost off paper right so I though I blew my adjustment and fired last 4 on left side…

image.jpg

image.jpg

Potential.

I am rusty.

Miss my minimum once weekly range sessions.

Having the range become a rare treat is one of the sucktastic aspects of my new life.

That thing is slinging them pretty nice at 300. Wonder if you would see much difference in poi or waterline shooting off of a front rest as opposed to a bipod? Favorite thread on the hide dude. Shes a beaut.

Beautiful rifle. The FGMM looks solid.

Nice ink color.
FGMM can’t be landing good.

It had the worst numbers.

Obviously my reloads have to be shooting the best based on SD/ES.

Your eyes deceive you. Don’t trust them.

Thing is my reloads are made for my M40A1. They are really long. I can only single load them in this rifle. Guessing they are jammed when I lock the bolt.

Reactions: 6/250/40
Honestly, all the loads are good enough for gubmint work. I’d pick the easiest and cheapest and call it a day.

Honestly, all the loads are good enough for gubmint work. I’d pick the easiest and cheapest and call it a day.
I was getting a lot of left to right on my crosshairs and I might be better with the scope a rail forward……excuses.