• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles

Re: Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pulled the trigger on a l/a AICS yesterday from mile high shooting for $797.14(snipers hide+shot show discount), just a heads up on the deal. Should be here later in the week and then I'm gonna take it out. Trying to decide how much to ask for the factory stock and mag... any ideas? </div></div>

Really? I got an emailed quote that was about $20 higher than that which is unfortunate because had they been consistent on their pricing my buddy who lives near them is on his way up to my place now so I could have bought it and have it in my hands any minute now. I'm not to happy that they emailed me from here knowing I was a Hide member and my quote was $20 higher than what you bought it for. </div></div>

The price above was not the "shipped price." How long ago did you order? That was a shot show special and was told it was valid from shot show until the end of Jan. They seem like real good folks and I'm sure they would make good on the price.

I'm thinking about going with a Badger FTE break for this rifle. Anyone have exp with those?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pulled the trigger on a l/a AICS yesterday from mile high shooting for $797.14(snipers hide+shot show discount), just a heads up on the deal. Should be here later in the week and then I'm gonna take it out. Trying to decide how much to ask for the factory stock and mag... any ideas? </div></div>

Really? I got an emailed quote that was about $20 higher than that which is unfortunate because had they been consistent on their pricing my buddy who lives near them is on his way up to my place now so I could have bought it and have it in my hands any minute now. I'm not to happy that they emailed me from here knowing I was a Hide member and my quote was $20 higher than what you bought it for. </div></div>

The price above was not the "shipped price." How long ago did you order? That was a shot show special and was told it was valid from shot show until the end of Jan. They seem like real good folks and I'm sure they would make good on the price.</div></div>

Actually I haven't ordered it yet I just got a quote last week and he knew I was a member here too. Just don't like how inconsistent their prices are. Doesn't give me that warm feeling as a potential customer.

Took it out today for the first time and put 20rds through it. Was mostly banging steel but did shoot two sub-moa groups(.75ish) with it. One group was a bug hole(.40in probably) but I had one flyer that was a quarter minute away from the other four. Very happy with the rifle and was surprised on how little it kicked.

Had to single load because I had seated the rounds to fit the original mag's length and the AI mag is a little smaller. Here's the load I used:

RL 25: 92grs
250gr SMK
Virgin Lapua brass
Fed 215m
OAL 3.682

The scope will be getting traded out as soon as I get my tax return.

Here's some pics:

DSCN3157.jpg

DSCN3158.jpg

DSCN3160.jpg

I have tried over and over to have one of these ordered for me at the shop, but no luck. Are there any shops not gouging on these right now?

Hi all,finally this rifle arrived here in Italy but only 90 for the whole country!
frown.gif

Tried yesterday at 300m range, after the initial scope alignment i've made a 6cm 5 shot group (0.7MOA) not too bad for the first time and without load development!

250Grns Scenar
83Grns VV N165
Virgin Lapua brass
Fed 215
OAL 92,5mm -3,64" (back 0,3mm from FB0) throat is very short in my rifle!
V0 815m/s (2673 fps)

DSC_0391.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does the recoil compare to on these? </div></div>

I don't know how the recoil is in the factory stock but in the AICS it's nothing. I could literally shoot the rifle all day. The blast is a little much, the factory break blew a bunch of leafs all over the place.

The trigger is real good on my rifle, I adjusted the pull down to what has to be around 1.5lbs. Will probably adjust a little heavier if I was going to be running around with it.

cicastol....you have what I've been waiting for weeks and weeks now...thanks for the post and nice house by the way!

This is a great thread for some information. Thank you.

I've called around trying to find one of these rifles, so far no dice.

Does anyone have a line on one? Shoot me a PM if you want (pun intended)
Does anyone know the Remington part number ?
What is MSRP ? $1295 ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeno360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cicastol....you have what I've been waiting for weeks and weeks now...thanks for the post and nice house by the way! </div></div>
thanks,
this baby was backordered by my shop nearly two years ago!!
I don't know why Remington do not start a real production for these hot selling cakes!!
confused.gif

These rifles just arrived here. Saw it on me dealers website and called them first thing this morning to put some cash on it to hold it until I got down there tomorrow. She said they have 5 or 6 and she will put my name on one. Didnt think I would buy another remington in my lifetime but after reading this post and seeing how the price was right I decided to give it a try. Pretty cheap rifle in that caliber.

One of my distributors said they have some on the way. So I told him as soon as it came in send it to the shop. I cant wait till it comes in. This is my first .338 Lapua.

Had my shop call their distributor. They are getting 4-5. Went ahead and had them order me one. Wait is 3 weeks.

Wow, I just read through this whole thread and I gotta say, this seems like a pretty good alternative to the TRG 42 and AI options.

Hopefully availability increases and I'm going to jump on one. For the price of a TRG with accessories I could get into one of these and a USO.

hmmmmmm....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtechgunman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I just read through this whole thread and I gotta say, this seems like a pretty good alternative to the TRG 42 and AI options.

Hopefully availability increases and I'm going to jump on one. For the price of a TRG with accessories I could get into one of these and a USO.

hmmmmmm.... </div></div>

My thoughts exactly.

just got mine in ! thought about playin sick ! also my first lapua . wish there was a cheaper way to feed it but ......!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carlinb625</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got mine in ! thought about playin sick ! also my first lapua . wish there was a cheaper way to feed it but ......! </div></div>

You have to reload man, there's not way I'd be paying 4-6 bucks a round for this stuff.

IS REMINGTON BUILDING THESE ON A .700 BOLT?
AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE. HAVE NOT FOUND ANY IN STOCK. ANY LEADS APPRECIATED.

While I dont have mine yet, probably in a month, I have started collecting components to reload. Figured out at our prices I can reload for about $1.75 round. This is compared to 6-7 dollars a round to buy.

Mine just came into my dealer (father). I will pick it next weekend (delayed pickup because of snow and Valentine’s day). Already have a scope (Mark 4, 6.5X10), rings and 100 virgin cases. Now I need to get a scope base, dies, powder and bullets. Not to mention I will need another set of rings and a scope as I am moving the scope and rings from my 308 700P to the MLR.

Keeps the posts coming as this is a very informative thread.

I WILL PREFACE THESE QUESTIONS BY SAYING I HAVE NOT READ ALL 7 PAGES OF THIS POST.I HAVE READ SOME OF THE POST, JUST NOT ALL.

DO THESE COME WITH THE X MARK PRO TRIGGER, AND IF SO DO YOU GUYS LIKE THAT TRIGGER, OR ARE YOU SWITCHING THEM OUT?
ALSO, WHAT IS THE WEIGHT OF THIS RIFLE, DON'T SEE IT SHOWN ANYWHERE?
HOW GOOD IS THE RECOIL PAD? HS STOCKS I HAVE HAD IN THE PAST DID NOT HAVE VERY GOOD(SOFT) PADS ON THEM.
HOW WELL DOES THE BOTTOM METAL FIT UP TO THE STOCK FROM A COSMETIC STANDPOINT?
I HAVE READ THAT THE DMB IS PROPRIOTARY TO REMINGTON, CAN ADDITIONAL MAGS BE PURCHASED?
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES.

I have the 40x on my new MLR. I adjusted it to about 2lbs.
I love HS stocks but I put an AICS on mine then put my rem 700p 300 win into the HS stock. The 300 win mag fits perfectly in the large 338 MLR magazine. To scared to use the AICS stock with the 338 because our AI distributer (wolverine) here in Canada, assured me he would trade it for the up coming CIP L/A AICS stock UNUSED.

Should I just go ahead and use my new AICS 338 stock with the MLR with the smaller magazine or should I wait? The magazine is so small I that the Hornady Tap 338 ammo 250gr smk just barely fits. If the hollow point is not even sometimes the bullets jam in the mag any suggestions. For the 300 smk's I would have to single load.

But it looks great I love my other HS the savage 10 fcp.
Can't wait for the savage 10 BAS 338 lapua.

In regards to the rem MSR I think the rem RACS for the 700 is not as good as the MSR. Why can't rem sell the action as well and make it compatible with the barrel and bolt.
the RACS looks horrible with that old action too much space between the action and rail.

Other than Savage BAS I think that the AR style stocks is not as accurate as a conventional stocks. They seem to have more bedding and more firm/weight, more accurate. The MSR and RACS
seem as if the rifle's stock is disappearing. If the goal is more shots and lighter why not just improve the AR or M1A. Look at what is happening with benchrest shooting the rifles are becoming big blocks of metal connected to a barrel no butt no cheek rest no stock just trigger. Horrible looking.

Any Ideas as too my dilema?

I want the CIP L/A stock then put my rem 700p 300 win into a JAE 700 LA stock to match the AICS stock. two beauties

MLR AICS:
[img:center]
Guns005.jpg
[/img]
Guns006.jpg
[/img]
Guns007.jpg
[/img]
MY 2 laminate beauties:
Guns021.jpg
[/img]

I choose to go with the regular AICS I talked with the distributor a bunch about the new CIP setup and I just didn't feel like it was necessary for me. The reason for the CIP setup is due to SOCOM wanting the extra case capacity to stuff more powder in the case. From what the AI guy told me the gains were marginal at best. Of course you would be able to seat closer to the lands but that wasn't the reason for the modification AFAIK.

I am leaning towards what you said, keep original AICS stock. Any ideas when the CIP stock is coming? Some say mid year others next month.

The JAE 700 is only $600 the AICS is $1000 go figure?

here are some pics of my Remington 700p in 338LM. currently it sits in a fully adjustable McMillan A-5...it has a ROEDALE muzzle brake instead of the stocker....it has a badger ordnance 30 moa rail....badger ordnance oversized bolt knob installed by US HANDGUNNER....leupold medium mk 4 rings....Nightforce 5.5-22x50 with zero stops and NP-R1 reticle...it also has an ARD. i will be installing a jewell bottom safety trigger this afternoon...then after shooting it one more time i will be sending it off to US HANDGUNNER so that he may install a side bolt release, skim bed the stock, and cerakote all the metal. well enjoy the pics.
338lapua.jpg
[/img]
338lapua1.jpg
[/img]
338lapua10.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
338lapua2.jpg
338lapua3.jpg
[/img]
338lapua4.jpg
[/img]
338lapua5.jpg
338lapua6.jpg
[/img]
338lapua7.jpg
[/img]
338lapua8.jpg
[/img]
url]
[/img]

Nice rifle 762! What rings are you using? I just bought the same scope for mine. Where did you get the muzzle break and did it just thread on and lock with those two screws?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle 762! What rings are you using? I just bought the same scope for mine. Where did you get the muzzle break and did it just thread on and lock with those two screws? </div></div>
i am using LEUPOLD MARK 4 medium rings. i got the muzzle brake straight from ROEDALE through the group buy. it threads on the 5/8-24 threads and when you get it on and level you just lock it down with the 2 screws. i shot it with the brake today and it is a world of improvement.

hey 762frmafr was it hard to remove the old brake, that was flush with the barrel was there any damage on the removal ie chipping also does the brake have less recoil than the original brake?

Also back to the mag problem. If the MLR mag is 3.775 and Stacey says that the new AI CIP mag will be about 3.840 how can we modify our current MLR to CIP specs. What company will sell the bottom metal, since AI is only making the chassis and mag.

In my picture, I put the new MLR in the current L/A AICS chassis
with the current 338 AI mag, as shown in the past thread the AI mag is smaller than the MLR mag. I was planning to get a gunsmith to shave off a bit of the center box of the AICS stock to allow the MLR mag to fit but then I realized that the MLR mag is also not CIP spec. I will have to wait for the new chassis.

Finally I am also waiting for the Savage 10 BA 338 lapua. According to the article I was reading it will come with an AI mag as well. Possibly CIP specs? Who knows?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunaddicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey 762frmafr was it hard to remove the old brake, that was flush with the barrel was there any damage on the removal ie chipping also does the brake have less recoil than the original brake?
</div></div>
it was not difficult to remove the original brake....just heat it up with a handheld torch and un-screw it. my new brake recoils much less than the original one, and also throws a lot less snow in my face. as far as your other ramblings, i have no idea. i use the original mag and am happy with one.

Range report:
Out to 200yds on final load testing:
>1/2 moa

338200yd.jpg

Load= 300gr scenar, over 91.5 grs of RL-25. .005" off lands.
This is a full grain less than my max(2800) and runs @2775 fps. Not bad for the 24"er.

Here is how she looks today after the bolt knob- from AZ Precision.

338feb.jpg

Will work on paper out to 550 this week. Next week steel and other "soft" targets out to ? Going Cow Elk hunting:)

Any luck on getting one for under $1000. I dont want to pay the $1500 on GB. But if I have to I will.

Hi, i am just landed in this forum.
My name is stefano and i live in italy.
My 338 rem.700 is under construction,here the components:

Rem 700 338 lapua mag
Mc millan A4 woodland camo stock
Jewel trigger system
S&B 4-16 PM II mil dot
Badger ord.rings
Harris tact.bipod

Just one question : 20 or 30 moa for the badger ord.rail?

Thanks to all would like help me.

Stefano

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: michitrade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just one question : 20 or 30 moa for the badger ord.rail?

Thanks to all would like help me.

Stefano </div></div>
i went with the 30 MOA rail but i wish i had chosen the 45 MOA rail. so the choice is yours but either one will do just fine.

Finished mine. Might get a badger FTE break.
DSCN3172.jpg

DSCN3173.jpg

I just ordered a 20moa badger rail for mine. I think between the 20moa rail and my nightforce 3.5-15 56 I should be good for awhile.

I took mine out to 700yds and shot some 12''x10'' steel plates. Rang them pretty good but the muzzle break dug a trench in the ground right underneath it. It's going to need a different break. I want the Badger FTE but it's going to be a PITA to have my friend turn the bbl down.

I shot a opossum with it too! I used a Barnes TSX 210gr(don't have other data in front of me ATM). It was about 150yds away and the bullet didn't expand at all. It deaded it on impact but it was a straight hole through. My friend hit one with his 25-06 from around 125yds and it had a 4-5in exit wound.
laugh.gif

We're going back out Wed and I'll have my LRF and hopefully some better info.

Got two of these rifles about a fortnight ago after waiting nearly 18 months. Still waiting for my Nightforce 5.5 - 22 scope and 20 MOA base.
Great thread here guys, keep the info coming.
Pretty rare gun in little old New Zealand.

got mine togather. out to the range im hoping the powder is the problem . shooting the lighter buulets could be an issue as well. 200grn hornady 89grns 4831, 225grn hornady 87grns of 4831 any suggestions ? slower powder ? will be going up to 250 match shortly .

You would want to run at least a 250gr and I plan to run 300gr projectiles. It's a 1:10 twist so it can stabilize the bigger 300gr bullets.

Are there any dealers that have these in stock anymore?