• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles

Re: Remington 700 Police 338 Lapua rifles

There is one for sale on GB with new BM and mags. I have the one in the first couple pics. Just thought I would let people know who were looking for one and when I get back from Overseas(soonish) I will post a range report on mine. What is everyone loading for these? I will be shooting 300's

Bottom Metal and Magazines are made my Accurate-Mag for Remington. We have been out of touch because we built a new plant and moved the entire factory almost 27 Tractor Trailer loads, it was not easy. We have a new full line catalog with over 20+ magazine options and several new Bottom Metal Kits.

Magazines for Remington Products including MSR can only be purchased through Remington.

Regards,
Boottrac
www.accurate-mag.com

Thanks,now we have a clear answer. Too bad Remington doesn't price them a little more competitively. $138.00 plus shipping and tax is a bit steep and will encourage some people to look for alternatives.

My Remington MLR that I ordered came in. I got mine for $1038 and it took 1 month to get. I Ordered it on 12/7 and was notified it was in stock on 1/7.

So keep looking or place an order with someone. These are in production and shipping. I don't mind waiting a month to save $500-700.

Remmy must have shipped a bunch of these. They are all over GB and everyone is still price gouging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyclops24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remmy must have shipped a bunch of these. They are all over GB and everyone is still price gouging. </div></div>
it's not gouging if people are paying the price. which they obviously are by the bids on GB.

It is gouging to me considering they aren't that hard to get. I waited 30 days to get mine to avoid paying $1650-1800 or whatever they are going for on GB. In contrast, I waited 1 year for my LRT-SASS not to pay the crazy prices on GB, now that is what I consider hard to get.

Price Gouging on GB.

Well if they have a reserve price set well above the MSRP then yep they are gouging, If not and bids are getting high then that’s not gouging IMO that’s the buyers fault and capitalism at its finest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price Gouging on GB.

Well if they have a reserve price set well above the MSRP then yep they are gouging, If not and bids are getting high then that’s not gouging IMO that’s the buyers fault and capitalism at its finest.
</div></div>

WTF is the difference? If a buyer is willing to pay either way, it's not "gouging".

Well, expect at Shot Show there to be an "NEW" developement on this. We will have the AICS CIP with .338 Lapua CIP magazine with the M700MLR installed. So if you do get one, maybe go for the H&S setup, save the money and get this new developement for your Remington. Come by check it out and as you know the magazines are designed for this system and will be less than obviously the others, running in the $80-$90 range each. Look forward to seeing you there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price Gouging on GB.

</div></div>

WTF is the difference? If a buyer is willing to pay either way, it's not "gouging". </div></div>
exactly my point

Stacey,I put my MLR into a AICS nearly two years ago. Will it be possible to modify the old AICS to use the CIP mags when they come out?

No sir, sorry. The magazine aperture is larger and re-situated for the current M700MLR setup.

Is there a way I can have manners inlet for this bottom metal?
I have the newer version of the 700p 338. I want to get in on the group buy for a manners. I just don't know if they can inlet for this type of bottom metal.

Hello everyone,

Im new to the Sniper's Hide but have been reviewing the posts for a while now. I thought I would chime in with a tid bit of info. I purchased my Remington 700 MLR in 338 Lapua new on Monday morning from a shop in Prescott Arizona by the name of Pro Force. GREAT GUYS! It was only $924.99 plus fees new! They had 5 left when I left Monday. Just thought I would let you all know and maybe drum up some more business. I spoke with Justin (small place, only a few people). I believe that you must be law enforcement to purchase from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rollyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So far this is my response from Remington.

The magazine used in the MLR .338 comes from different manufacturers and are then modified at the factory to meet our specs. I looked up the build sheet on your rifle using the serial number and found the magazine part number. It is F403215 and retails for $138.00 plus shipping and tax. Let me know if you need anything else.
End Quote

I am really scratching my head here. Remington seems to be avoiding the subject.
Ask direct questions and get no real answers.
With this economy and all I am wondering if the BDM is from some oddball manufacturer to save some money. Maybe Chinese? This will have a direct effect on the real value of the rifle.

Just sent the following to Remington.

Thanks for the info thus far.
But I still want to know the manufacturer of the BDM. At this point for all I know it could be Chinese MIM parts and the value of this rifle will be a 1/4 of the Badger or HS models. So the blue book of gun values will eventually reveal anyway.

Being that the mags are modified by Remington you will now and ever be the only source for them?
This to me is a problem as the potential for getting replacements if the original is damaged or lost in the future could become impossible to replace. Even more so with this caliber not high on the popularity list I can see them quickly discontinued when the rifle is once again modified. Sorry but I feel this means I am sort of getting strong armed into buying several of them now so I know I will have a functional rifle for the years to come and following generations.

Sorry to be such a thorn in Remington’s side on this but I want to know what I spent my hard earned money on.

Thank you
</div></div>

With all this confusion regarding where parts are made etc... If I was to get a 338 LM I would pay the extra money and get a TRG 42 or AI. At least you know what you are getting. Reading through 17 pages of this was painful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone,

Im new to the Sniper's Hide but have been reviewing the posts for a while now. I thought I would chime in with a tid bit of info. I purchased my Remington 700 MLR in 338 Lapua new on Monday morning from a shop in Prescott Arizona by the name of Pro Force. GREAT GUYS! It was only $924.99 plus fees new! They had 5 left when I left Monday. Just thought I would let you all know and maybe drum up some more business. I spoke with Justin (small place, only a few people). I believe that you must be law enforcement to purchase from them. </div></div>

Looked at website and NO mention of ANY such guns ...got a link ??

I called them last Friday and they said that the rifles just arrived from Remington. The # is 800-367-5855. Like I said, I spoke with Justin and he will probably be able to go right to the gun. its not on the website though. Hope you are able to snag one, I am very happy with it.

Mine should be here either this week or next and we should have a couple extra to go around.

Thanks !
I just sold my other house and going to try and route some funds towards one of these if I can slide it past the wifey ???

They just don't get the concept of More Guns !!!

WOW...IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE RIFLES FOR WEEKS NOW..EARLY THIS MORNING A STORE POSTED ON STURMGEWEHR HE HAD A SHIPMENT COME IN FOR 969.99, I CALLED AND WAS ABLE TO PICK UP TWO OF THEM...SINCE THEN THE POSTING WAS PULLED GUESS HE SOLD ALL OF THEM OUT.

Snipercountry PX has five more of these in but I think they're charging over $1500 now.

The AICS MLR M700 CIP will be priced the same as the current model AICS L/A in the same configuration. Also, the magazines will be the same price as well as the current models, hope this helps. We will have one of these on display with the MLR installed at our booth @ Shot Show, so stop by and check it out, thanks and looking forward to seeing you all.

Stacey thanks for the info. I will definatly be looking into getting some mags from you guy in the future. I'm just hoping I can get manners to inlet for this mystery stock BM.

Welcome and I am sure that several of our OEM bottom metal manufactures will be offering these very soon as well. So once that is done, I am sure the stock manufactures will as well input this new process for their products.

Stacey is correct:
Go to www.accurate-mag.com and take note of the magazine length, in a nut-shell:
3.715 is traditionalREM700 LA
3.775 is NEW Remington LA CIP (SOLD BY REMINGTON ONLY)
3.850 is the aftermarket CIP length and has been requested by some Millitary.

Further the NEW DOUBLE STACK LONG ACTION in 300WM & 338LM similar to the MSR but without the bullet length protector sleve.

AM has Bottom Metal Kits that include one mag and pillar/screw set for both.

Any idea when the CIP setup will be available?

The Accuracy International AICS CIP Remington chassis will be released at Shot Show as well as dates. The AI genuine magazine as always are and will be the factory standards which all others will follow. The AICS CIP has been released to Surgeon last year for there XL .338 actions and they are very pleased so we are moving forward with the next steps. Thanks and more to come this week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the factory muzzle brake effective, or would some after market brake be better? </div></div>
yes it is effective, but not as effective as most aftermarket chamber style brakes. also being a radial brake there is quite a bit of dust blowing into your face if you shoot prone. a chamber style brake will not do this.

Any one know what size and thread I would need for a badger break? I want the break to fit flush with the barrel. TY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunswanted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one know what size and thread I would need for a badger break? I want the break to fit flush with the barrel. TY </div></div>
thread pitch is 5/8-24

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the factory muzzle brake effective, or would some after market brake be better? </div></div>
yes it is effective, but not as effective as most aftermarket chamber style brakes. also being a radial brake there is quite a bit of dust blowing into your face if you shoot prone. a chamber style brake will not do this. </div></div>

Thank you.

Here is confirmation on who makes the bottom metal and mag.

hi,

Yes we make it, but you can only buy it through remington. Since we are licensed for them, sorry.

Best regards

Anthony Battaglia
------Original Message------
To: [email protected]
Subject: 338LM
Sent: Jan 20, 2010 6:13 PM

Hello,

Do you make the bottom metal and magazines for the Reminton 700 Police in
338LM? Everthing looks the same as what is on your website but the mag
length is marked as 3.775. If so, can you tell me what extra magazines cost?

Thanks,

Cyclops

i would like to replace the muzzle brake on mine, i have it down to four. can someone help me pick the best one out of the four that i picked. #1 apa fat bastard #2 armalite #3 badger fte #4 mcmillan thank you

I saw a mention of a GB for breaks... does anyone have any more details on this or a link?

I've got the pre Aug 09 model, with the HS 3rd system. I'm going to get a Defensive Edge brake installed, as well as put it into a Manners stock. Should hopefully be able to do this and have it all finished in about 3 weeks :-D

Cheers, Cameron

There is a guy that has posted these for sale on Sturm twice now for 969 but the post gets deleted by buddy since he is posting in the semi-auto section.

REM 700 PSS 338 LAPUA 969.95

Is there more than one configuration offered? Are they all mag fed models?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any detailed info on brakes for this rifle?? </div></div>
what do you want to know? the barrel is threaded 5/8-24 what else do you need to know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have any detailed info on brakes for this rifle?? </div></div>
what do you want to know? the barrel is threaded 5/8-24 what else do you need to know? </div></div>

For starters why am I reading that just because I brake is threaded 5/8-24 doesn't mean it will thread onto the barrel. Why is that? I started a new thread already on brakes so I'm getting some info there as well.

Anyone else take there's out yet? I'm really wanting to get a AICS for mine but am going to wait for the CIP version. Stacy said it's looking like mid year.

How are these shooting?

Ok, here is a pre- range report (because I am on the road this week and don't have pic's of the targets)

I have 50 rounds/ load dev rounds down the pipe. I have shot everything through my chrono and am very pleased for this part of the process. Right now I am shooting 3 round groups at 100. While paying more attention to my graph and less on shooting, I am getting down to 1/2 group sizes. I am shooting 250 scenars, 250 SMK's and 300 scenars. Powders are 4831, 4831 sc, RL25 and Retumbo. I think the next outing will have me pushing for pressure signs and finding the wall if you will.

My predictions for my gun are that the 250 Scenars will finish at 2850 and like 4831 sc. While the 300 scenars will finish at 2750 and like RL 25.

The speed is about right given it’s a 24.5" chrome moly tube.

Overall I like the way it shoots. The platform is the same as my 7-08 and I switch between them while the .338 is "cooling" down. The break I went with (RWS) makes it pleasant to shoot with no pain. 30 shots in an hour and I may as well been shooting a 22, no fatigue.

I can't wait to go BANG on some 1000 yd + steel when I complete load development!

Thanks for the info brian.

How have you guys been getting these breaks off? I hear they're a real bitch. I was thinking about using a strap wrench or something.

I pulled the trigger on a l/a AICS yesterday from mile high shooting for $797.14(snipers hide+shot show discount), just a heads up on the deal. Should be here later in the week and then I'm gonna take it out. Trying to decide how much to ask for the factory stock and mag... any ideas?

Has anyone measured the stock trigger pull? Mine breaks like glass and feels fairly light. My 700P 308 is at 2.5lbs and the MLR feels maybe 3.5, 4lbs tops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pulled the trigger on a l/a AICS yesterday from mile high shooting for $797.14(snipers hide+shot show discount), just a heads up on the deal. Should be here later in the week and then I'm gonna take it out. Trying to decide how much to ask for the factory stock and mag... any ideas? </div></div>

Really? I got an emailed quote that was about $20 higher than that which is unfortunate because had they been consistent on their pricing my buddy who lives near them is on his way up to my place now so I could have bought it and have it in my hands any minute now. I'm not to happy that they emailed me from here knowing I was a Hide member and my quote was $20 higher than what you bought it for.