• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

remington 700 xcr 2 stocks

bulldog111111

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
tennessee
Hello all my first post I recived a xcr 2 stock for free today to convert my adl to bdl. What are everyones opions on stock. I know better stocks are out there but funds are a little tight, also can i glass bed that stock.

Re: remington 700 xcr 2 stocks

Bulldog,

Who is al? Joking aside, a bit of grammar will go a long way to getting the propper response to the information you are looking for. I am by no means the grammar police, or a grammar Nazi. It just hurts to look at that and try and follow.

Maybe repost again with some corrections?

Oh, and SEARCH! \m/

They will get the job done. They have an aluminum bedding block in the stock. I would still skim bed the action and make sure the barrel is free floating. That stock will get you by until you can afford a McMillan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have an aluminum bedding block in the stock.</div></div>

I am pretty sure that the XCR II stock does not have a bedding block. The XCR 2 seems to have the same sort of (cheap) plastic stock as the standard SPS but with some added rubber pads.

bulldog111111:
What sort of stock do you have on your ADL?

i still have sps stock what can i say he didnt want it and i got that one free so i could do my conversion. I Belive the xcr 2 tactial is alumonum bedded but ill check when it comes in. Cant spell right now

I recently bought a "Tactical" in 308 and it came with the infamous Hogue overmold. the stock flexed so when using a bipod the forend touched the barrel. I cut small pieces of fiverglass fabric and fit them in the compartments. I then mixed and filled the compartments with the fiberglass mix. It did strengthen the stock so it does not flex as much and no longer touched the barrel when using a bipod. It was a cheap fix. Since then I purchased a HS Precision take off from a 5r for $200. It is a much nicer stock with full aluminum chasis. Are ther nicer stocks out ? Yes but I am not willing to pay $500-$600 for a Manners or Mcmilian(sp).
Forgot to mention keep a lookout on Ebay and classifieds on this and others forums, there are bargins out there, seems everyone is upgrading from time to time.

If you are lucky enough to live close to a riflesmith, check with him. You may be surprised at what he will fix you up with at a great price.