• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Remington 700P TWS 308

losthelegend

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
South Western Wyoming
Hello! I came across a guy that is sellings a remington 700P TWS 308 Police with all the trimmings for $950.00. According to him the rifle has approx. 60 rounds down the tube and was properly broke in. It has a leupold 3x9x40 VXI, harris bipod, 5 magazines and hard case. I am unfamiliar with 308 and remingtons and just beginning to get into long range shooting. Does this sound like a good deal. I would hate to purchase a weapon and not have any input or sound advice on it. What do you guys think? I searched on gunbroker and saw something similiar for around the $2500.00 range but I am not sure if I am looking at the same weapons system. If so it sounds to good to be true. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Re: Remington 700P TWS 308

One, that cannot be a tws.
the tws is a rem700p fitted atthe factory with either a vari xIII tactical 3.5x10x40 , mk4 10x40 or mark 4 3.5x10x40, in leupold mk 4 mounts and bases, harris bipod, cheap black sling, in a fitted pelican 1750 case.
YOU CAN VERIFY A TWS BY SN THROUGH REMINGTON LE DIVISION
More than likely you have found a 700p with a cheaper leupy in maybe leupy rings and base. At 950 in the current market if it is in good shapeit is up to you.
figure 800-925 for a 700p in 308
60 in leupold mount and rings standard
220 for the vx 1 3x9x40
70 for a harris non s model
and if it does indeed have a pelican case they are easily 215
If it is a detachable factory mag set up, they are not highly praised. You may recoupe some cash by selling the mags/ stock, adding a non dm p stock with bdl metal and go from there.

This may be a good base rifle for you as it has the hs stock and decent components, it would get the job done if all functions well, however some of the mentioned components ( scope and mag system are less than desireable depending upon your intended purpose)