• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington M24 Special Run rifles only @ EuroOptic

Not sure why there’s such a big fuss over this. Rem is offering an M24 to those that want one. There’s nothing wrong with the M24 to the point that, if you can’t get it to shoot then you’re the problem, not the rifle.

Is it the latest and greatest? No.
Will it run and hit targets as long as you feed it? Yes.

This offering is for those that either got paid to carry one at some point in their lives and would like to have it for sentimental reasons OR for those collector/clone peeps. If this isn’t your cup of metal, then move on and don’t shit on what Rem & EO are offering.

Would I love to see some M40’s at that price? Sure. But I’m not going to knock a rifle that can still out perform 90% of the firearm population despite having been used and abused for decades.

This is why companies are damned if they do, damned if they don’t when it comes to dealing openly with the public. Even if this was being sold at $1,500, you’d have people bitching that it’s outdated, overpriced, and/or “my _____ can out shoot it.”

Also, thank you Rem & EO for offering this to the community. ???

Last edited:
I feel like you don't want honest assessments from guys who used them for a significant amount of time. Folks would rather drink in the mystique and feel better about the amount of money they're paying for them.
Dude, I am giving my honest assessment of it. Despite being raised on the M40A3, I have carried the M24 as a contractor (shit it's the rifle in my avatar picture, which is in Kabul while at the InterCon). The rifle, despite what anyone says, will just straight drive 175's.

As I already stated, it isn't the newest, sexiest, or packed with all of the modern features of the newer custom actions and chassis systems, but it will out perform the majority of shooters from the first round until their last. This offering is clearly directed at those who want it for sentimental or collector/clone reasons. Those looking for a custom BA can get a laser at less than the M24's $3k price tag, but they aren't getting an M24. Those who want an M24 can now get one without having to dick around with sourcing parts or building to spec. This isn't an argument of what modern day items are better/worse/cheaper/etc than the M24. This is simply giving those who want an M24 the option to buy one ready to go. Not sure why this is a bad thing.

I don't think anyone said it's a bad thing. It's just overpriced and not worth the money outside of nostalgia. My opinion.

These types of arguments happen when people want to silence others statements or opinions that are contradictory to their own. Perspective: This isn't Remington's webpage where sales happen. It isn't a third party retailer's website. It isn't even a sale thread, group buy, or commercial resellers thread in the PX. This is a post in the Bolt Action Forums where discussions are supposed to happen. Clearly we're not selling M24's here; that happens in the PX.

Find some zen and realize it's okay if other people disagree.
Not upset man and of course we can have differing opinions. I’m just giving mine. I agree with your nostalgia opinion and don’t plan on buying one because LA 700’s aren’t my thing. Only replied because you quoted me. No worries either way and my bad if you took it as me being angry lol.

Enjoy your holiday ?

Reactions: reubenski
Had a chance to buy one of the returned/bringback ones and passed.

At almost 3k this would be very easy to pass on unless you are the collector of 'commerative edition' stuff for some reason.

You'll see the vast majority of these on GunBroker from the usual shitbird gun stores that buy this shit up, add the incorrect Leupold scope and pelican case and then market them as some RARE DEVGRU/SEAL/RANGER/SUPER SECRET M24 DEPLOYMENT PACKAGE!1!1!!!!!
But that makes dumb people super snipery ?.

I have the Rem 700P 86672 (2019 purchase) that J Scott mentioned (8/7/19) and the Rem 700 85201 .308 5R (2014 purchase). Both seem very good finish. I also purchased the Rem 700 6.5 Am Hunter/NRA 84409. The Am Hunter mentioned having a custom level blue printed action. I do not care for the floor plate engraving, but the rest of the rifle seems good. I would like to know from RemDef or Former RemDef, if these rifles are in fact better made than the standard production rifles and if Remington is blue printing some of their actions (if so, which SKUs are blue printed. Thank you for posting on snipers hide.

I have the Rem 700P 86672 that J Scott mentioned and the Rem 700 85201 .308 5R (2014 purchase). Both seem very good finish. I also purchased the Rem 700 6.5 Am Hunter/NRA 84409. The Am Hunter mentioned having a custom level blue print action. I would like to know from Rem Defense or former Rem Defense if these rifles are in fact better made than the standard production rifles if Remington is blue printing some of their actions (if so, which SKUs are blueprinted.

After all the discussion, which I appreciate, has anyone shot the EuroOptics M24?

If so, tell us about your experiences please?

After all the discussion, which I appreciate, has anyone shot the EuroOptics M24?

If so, tell us about your experiences please?

Minus the special serial number prefix and lack of an old take-off Army stock from the M24Rs sold a few years ago, the Euro Optics M24s are the exact same rifle built to same military specs, but with a new stock. For the past 30 years, Remington’s M24 barrels have been known for excellent accuracy, and here’s a good review of the M24R from 2 years ago. One should expect the exact same pros and cons from the special run of Euro Optics M24s.

....it’s not for everyone given the price and its retro/'old-school' configuration. As to your question, my M24R is a tack driver (see a couple of 5-shot groups from a few years ago with pet handloads), and it’s a historically interesting rifle given it’s long service life. Again, the Euro Optic will have the same excellent M24 barrel, M24 marked receiver, M24 trigger, careful assembly, rigorous testing, and will be as accurate as the shooter's intrinsic skills, and the match grade ammo used.

Attachments

• M24 taget_I4064.jpg
    M24 taget_I4064.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 98
  • M24_target_Varget.jpg
    M24_target_Varget.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 100
  • M24_barrel_mark.JPG
    M24_barrel_mark.JPG
    429.3 KB · Views: 100
  • M24_left_rec_sml.JPG
    M24_left_rec_sml.JPG
    445.5 KB · Views: 110
  • M24_long_shot_article.jpg
    M24_long_shot_article.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I am taking a hard look at one of these! I have one of the newer 700p in 300 win mag that has impressed me.

I am really torn between an m24 or an accuracy international AIAT. I know the AI is more modular , but will it shoot better than an m24 (same caliber and barrel length)? They are both awesome guns and I have handled both but did not shoot either. I like the slickness of the m24 (over all feel of rifle), the AI feels really heavy but very smooth.

I was planning on getting the AI but since Remington is out of business (?), I am thinking this maybe last chance to get a real m24 and get the AI down the road.

I am not familiar with TacOps, I will look into it. Is the M24 a big step up from a 700p?

The M24 is not a big step up. You buy one for the history/nostalgia, and not the accuracy. Plenty of better options in the near $3K price range if you are solely interested in accuracy/ergonomics.

I have a M24R myself. I like the history of them.

Reactions: apache64pilot
I like the history of it as well but would also like perfomance for that price. Thanks for the feed back.

i dont think it's even a step up. more of a lateral move.

For such a large price difference I would hope for a performance gain. I have been impressed with 700p I have in 300 win mag, but the m24 is almost 4 times what I paid for my 700p (got it a few months ago before prices spiked on Remingtons).

My M24R is a .9 to 1 MOA rifle with either .308 or 7.62x51 FGMM (5 shot groups). No better, no worse, and is at least consistent to 600 yards.

Load development was frustrating, but I finally found a combo that routinely shoots in the .4s and .5s.

Reactions: apache64pilot
My M24R is a .9 to 1 MOA rifle with either .308 or 7.62x51 FGMM (5 shot groups). No better, no worse, and is at least consistent to 600 yards.

Load development was frustrating, but I finally found a combo that routinely shoots in the .4s and .5s.
I would not be happy with a almost 3 grand rifle shooting. 9-1 moa! Have you ever shot one of the AIAT to compare the m24 to? I am definitely leaning towards one of these two, the m24 was not really on my radar until i shot my 700p (and assumed the m24 would be far superior which one of the guys posted stating it's not). I was going to go for the AIAT because I really want the best rifle I can afford but started thinking the m24 would be in the ball park minus the bells and whistles. I want a very accurate rifle that is tough and ultra dependable.

I want to thank everyone for the feed back on the m24.

The M24 and AI AT are not in the same league.
That seems to be what everyone is saying. I know you mentioned you carried an m24, in what ways is the AI superior? After hearing what everyone is saying I am definitely leaning towards the AIAT. I would love to have both , the m24 for cool factor but there is no way I can afford both and still be married lol.

That seems to be what everyone is saying. I know you mentioned you carried an m24, in what ways is the AI superior? After hearing what everyone is saying I am definitely leaning towards the AIAT. I would love to have both , the m24 for cool factor but there is no way I can afford both and still be married lol.
In every way hahah

The AI uses a superior action. It is very nice to use. And while I'm not a fan of the ergonomics of the AT chassis it offers rail attachments, adjustable comb height, LOP(which, yes the M24 does as well), and the AI folder is the best folder you can buy. And of course the appaling difference is the AT uses a detachable magazine. Most would argue the AW magazine is one of the best in the world for a bolt action. I wouldn't really go that far but they a nice mag. User level, quick barrel change on the '14 and later models seperates the AT from many rifles, not just the M24.

I have actually been very critical of the AIAT when comparing them to custom builds but that is mainly directed at the cult-like fan base of AI rifles. But if we're going to compare it to the next evolution of a Vietnam era sniper rifle, I have to agree with the fan base. When we received the INOD Block 2( PVS 22, McCann rail, and M3LR) guys had to tape cut outs from a foam sleeping pad to their stocks. We would stuff 4 rounds into the top of our boots to reload on the clock for a 10rd, 60sec rapid fire sitting sling supported qualification. I screwed a Manfrotto camera shoe into the bottom of my stock so I could mount my rifle on a tripod. My instructor gun had the rare privilege of an HS Precision stock with an adjustable comb as a T&E. One guy had a Badger EFR. I also got one of the committees three Schmidt and Bender 4x16 single turn turret H27 reticle T&E scopes. That was a sup'd up M24. And we still didn't have a detachable mag. Their were a few M24A2's out there floating around. They essentially had the newer HS Prec stock with adjustable comb and LOP and DBM kit. But it was a day late, dollar short. I had the rare privilege to work with one of the guys that helped sell the Army on the M24 back in the 80's. He sniped on the Ho Chi Minh trail. He helped stand up the sniper school I worked at as an Instructor. That should tell you about the age of the M24. It was born of Vietnam experience. Thats not a put down. But that technology just isn't going to compare to an AI AT or a modern rifle. This is not a shooting rifle purchase. This is a hang on the wall nostalgia purchase.
That's a lot of great information, exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you.

The AI uses a superior action. It is very nice to use. And while I'm not a fan of the ergonomics of the AT chassis it offers rail attachments, adjustable comb height, LOP(which, yes the M24 does as well), and the AI folder is the best folder you can buy. And of course the appaling difference is the AT uses a detachable magazine. Most would argue the AW magazine is one of the best in the world for a bolt action. I wouldn't really go that far but they a nice mag. User level, quick barrel change on the '14 and later models seperates the AT from many rifles, not just the M24.

I have actually been very critical of the AIAT when comparing them to custom builds but that is mainly directed at the cult-like fan base of AI rifles. But if we're going to compare it to the next evolution of a Vietnam era sniper rifle, I have to agree with the fan base. When we received the INOD Block 2( PVS 22, McCann rail, and M3LR) guys had to tape cut outs from a foam sleeping pad to their stocks. We would stuff 4 rounds into the top of our boots to reload on the clock for a 10rd, 60sec rapid fire sitting sling supported qualification. I screwed a Manfrotto camera shoe into the bottom of my stock so I could mount my rifle on a tripod. My instructor gun had the rare privilege of an HS Precision stock with an adjustable comb as a T&E. One guy had a Badger EFR. I also got one of the committees three Schmidt and Bender 4x16 single turn turret H27 reticle T&E scopes. That was a sup'd up M24. And we still didn't have a detachable mag. Their were a few M24A2's out there floating around. They essentially had the newer HS Prec stock with adjustable comb and LOP and DBM kit. But it was a day late, dollar short. I had the rare privilege to work with one of the guys that helped sell the Army on the M24 back in the 80's. He sniped on the Ho Chi Minh trail. He helped stand up the sniper school I worked at as an Instructor. That should tell you about the age of the M24. It was born of Vietnam experience. Thats not a put down. But that technology just isn't going to compare to an AI AT or a modern rifle. This is not a shooting rifle purchase. This is a hang on the wall nostalgia purchase.

Well, I purchased both rifles ! Went with the intent of getting the AI but really like cool factor/nostalgia of the m24.

I am not sure if its normal but the AI is a lot heavier bolt left and takes a lot of force to close bolt. The M24 action cycles much smoother.

For such a large price difference I would hope for a performance gain. I have been impressed with 700p I have in 300 win mag, but the m24 is almost 4 times what I paid for my 700p (got it a few months ago before prices spiked on Remingtons).
Why don't you just get a m24 stock for your 300wm 700p? Its just about the same rifle except the stock and irons mount.

I am not sure if its normal but the AI is a lot heavier bolt left and takes a lot of force to close bolt. The M24 action cycles much smoother.

What you have described is not normal at all, empty or chambering/extracting a round. My AXMC’s bolt lift and closure, while different than my R700/M40A5, it is not any more difficult to open or close nor requires anymore effort to manipulate.

Obvious question but have you lubricated the AI bolt? Is the AI rifle brand new or used? If used, how many rounds on it to your knowledge?

Last edited:
What you have described is not normal at all, empty or chambering/extracting a round. My AXMC’s bolt lift and closure, while different than my R700/M40A5 is different, it is not any more difficult nor requires anymore effort to manipulate.

Obvious question but have you lubricated the AI bolt? Is the AI rifle brand new or used? If used, how many rounds on it to your knowledge?
60 versus 90 degree is some of this im sure

Reactions: spife7980
Where did you pick them up?

I am excited to try them both out. Logically and from what everyone said the AI was the way to go. I knew I probably would end up with both at some point. I got the m24 cause I didn't want to miss out on actually have a real deal M24. Holding both it was tough to decide which one to purchase first so I ended up getting both (bad financial decision lol) .

I mounted my pmii from another rifle on the AI and trying to decide what scope to put on the m24 (something smaller ).

The m24 has a better finish and seems more well built than my 700p, looks like Remington spent more attention to detail. It is a beautiful rifle, not as modern but really nice and feels like its hood quality . This weekend I am hoping to get a chance to shoot it.

Attachments

• 20201119_125226.jpg
    20201119_125226.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 86
What you have described is not normal at all, empty or chambering/extracting a round. My AXMC’s bolt lift and closure, while different than my R700/M40A5 is different, it is not any more difficult to open or close nor requires anymore effort to manipulate.

Its brand new , zero rounds. I did use clp to clean and lubricate the bolt. Just seems to take lots of force to close and lock bolt, much more then any other rifle I have

I have a ruger precision and ruger predator with 3 lug and they require much much less force to close.

Given that and what you described above, there could be an issue. Id call Mile High Shooting Accessories to get their take. Sometimes a quick convo can get the problem resolved and they are good about discussing technical issues, in my experience

Reactions: Cagey-platpus
@reubenski It’s always a possibility; maybe @Cagey-platpus can do a similar video and upload it. Bolt “feel”, just like optical quality of a scope, is subjective to an extent. But he seems to insist it’s unusual. I’m not trying to be wrong or right, just responding to what he’s saying. If I were him I’d call EO or Mile high if he hadn’t already done so. Beyond that, I don’t think we can solve his problem here, esp if we don’t know (and maybe can’t determine unless the rifle was our hands) if he has a problem or not.

Well congrats. They both look great. And kudos for going with baller option #3...all the guns! LOL!

I would try to weather the wife/ financial storm and ensure you hold on to both of them. I also wouldn't run the M24 like a daily driver.

As far as outfitting it, the time period appropriate scope for that rail is a Leupold M3 Ultra 10X Gen 1 Mildot. You could try to pick up a M3LR 3x10 Gen II Mildot with BDC turret. Thats what was used for INOD Block II and the final scope that gun saw. Neither are great scopes. In keeping with highlights from that time period, I would try to hunt down a Schmidt and Bender PMII 4x16x42mm single turn 13mrad turret. Those are fantastic scopes and were used quite a bit back then. They're also no slouch even by today's standards.

I would also look for an Atlas Cal Gen II bipod for that AI....

Baller is not the word my wife used to describe my purchase lol Currently in the eye of the storm ha ha (joking my wife is awesome, she did say to buy bought but she did now mean at once).

The leupold scopes seem expensive for what you get but they look really sharp on the rifle . On another rifle I have a schmidt bender pmii 4-16x42 but it's the moa version and it has two turns for a total of 52 moa on that rifle using a 20 moa base. I was considering using that scope but I don't want to change the rails that came on the m24 for a 20 moa base.

For now I will use a scope I have laying around until it's safe to make another purchase which will be some time from now lol.

@reubenski It’s always a possibility; maybe @Cagey-platpus can do a similar video and upload it. Bolt “feel”, just like optical quality of a scope, is subjective to an extent. But he seems to insist it’s unusual. I’m not trying to be wrong or right, just responding to what he’s saying. If I were him I’d call EO or Mile high if he hadn’t already done so. Beyond that, I don’t think we can solve his problem here, esp if we don’t know (and maybe can’t determine unless the rifle was our hands) if he has a problem or not.

Let me see if if I can do the video to upload. The action maybe normal for AI I just dont know, it seems heavier bolt lift than other rifles and requires more force forward to close it than any rifle i have or used.

Not sure why there’s such a big fuss over this. Rem is offering an M24 to those that want one. There’s nothing wrong with the M24 to the point that, if you can’t get it to shoot then you’re the problem, not the rifle.

Is it the latest and greatest? No.
Will it run and hit targets as long as you feed it? Yes.

This offering is for those that either got paid to carry one at some point in their lives and would like to have it for sentimental reasons OR for those collector/clone peeps. If this isn’t your cup of metal, then move on and don’t shit on what Rem & EO are offering.

Would I love to see some M40’s at that price? Sure. But I’m not going to knock a rifle that can still out perform 90% of the firearm population despite having been used and abused for decades.

This is why companies are damned if they do, damned if they don’t when it comes to dealing openly with the public. Even if this was being sold at $1,500, you’d have people bitching that it’s outdated, overpriced, and/or “my _____ can out shoot it.”

Also, thank you Rem & EO for offering this to the community. ???
I agree with you. Let people make their own choices. Yes $2,800 is too much for what you get but I still am willing to buy one. Why did I build a Mk12 clone for $4K+...I don't know, just did.

I have one of the re-barreled M24's and is shoots .5 MOA all day.

Even if you don't do your part? You have to qualify that so we know 😆
I am actually surprised I can garner .5-.75 with a 10x scope and a 3+lb trigger...doing my part. That's with 175gr GMM. I normally shoot an Impact 737R 6mm Creedmoor with a 10oz Trigger Tech. 10x at 1k is no good when your spoiled with a 25X H59

View attachment 7124540

We are excited to announce that we’ve teamed up with Remington Defense for a EuroOptic Exclusive run of the legendary Remington M24 Sniper Rifle! Until now, true factory M24 rifles have only been available to military and law enforcement agencies. To commemorate the founding of both the Army Sniper School and the Army Sniper Association, Remington Defense has agreed to produce 500 Special Edition M24 Rifles with serial number prefix ASA1987. Additionally, EuroOptic will donate $100 to the Army Sniper Association for each rifle sold!

The first shipment of these rifles is expected to arrive in September 2019

DIRECT LINK to M24 Rifle page

I recently purchased one of these rifles and does this rifle have an nsn number?

I recently purchased one of these rifles and does this rifle have an nsn number?

For context, NSNs are assigned by the federal gov't/military for vendor's products that are awarded US Gov't contracts. The establishment of NSNs is basically required so that federal agencies and the military can purchase things via the standard procurement processes.

Historically speaking, the Army assigned the NSN to the M24 Sniper Weapon System (SWS) deployment kit way back on September 10, 1986, and it has apparently not changed over time.
Complete M24 SWS NSN: 1005-01-240-2136 (attached are two pics circa late 1980s of the original M24 SWS deployment kit to which that NSN is associated)

The only branch of the US military that I think is still using M24s is the Air Force, who apparently had Remington Defense convert their rifles into to the newer M24A2 configuration. I can not locate an NSN for the M24A2 configuration, so it appears that the original M24 NSN from 1986 is still active, I think. Here's the M24A2 configuration: https://www.remingtondefense.com/sniper-rifles/m24/27186.html

Around 2010 Remington Defense won a contract to rebuild the M24s into the M2010 configuration, and a new NSN was assigned on September 10, 2010: 1005-01-588-2913 (in other words, M24s were withdrawn from service around 2010 and re-born as the M2010 in 300 WinMag via a re-build program): Sniper, Enhanced, (ESR), .300 Win Mag, M2010 (attached is a picture of the M2010 system attached to that NSN).

As for NSNs, each part of the M24 has an NSN, as do all the various tools, and all the cleaning kit items also had NSNs, down to the tissue paper used to clean the scope lens... So dozens of NSNs are associated with the parts used in the original M24 SWS kit. One day the M24 SWS NSN will be officially retired, but I guess as long as the M24 is still active within the U.S. Air Force, the NSN from 1986 will live on....that's my impression. Hope that info was useful.

Attachments

• m24army3.jpg
    m24army3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 89
  • M24-Deployment_kit.jpg
    M24-Deployment_kit.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 77
  • XM2010_with_case.jpg
    XM2010_with_case.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

I cleaned and lubed the rifle again, took the firing pin assembly out and cleaned and lubed. Cleaning and lubricating the firing pin assembly seemed to help the most. I also got to fire it (24 rounds total) and its smoother and easier to close bolt.

Reactions: nn8734
I cleaned and lubed the rifle again, took the firing pin assembly out and cleaned and lubed. Cleaning and lubricating the firing pin assembly seemed to help the most. I also got to fire it (24 rounds total) and its smoother and easier to close bolt.

Great news, man. Glad it was something small.

Reactions: Cagey-platpus
Yesterday I was able to shoot the m24 and it's a very nice shooting rifle. Only ran come 147 zq ammo and was shocked how well it shot. That ammo in an m1a shot like 5 inch groups but the m24 was keeping that ammo around 1moa . Very happy with the rifle and I am sure when I work up some loads it will be impressive.

For context, NSNs are assigned by the federal gov't/military for vendor's products that are awarded US Gov't contracts. The establishment of NSNs is basically required so that federal agencies and the military can purchase things via the standard procurement processes.

Historically speaking, the Army assigned the NSN to the M24 Sniper Weapon System (SWS) deployment kit way back on September 10, 1986, and it has apparently not changed over time.
Complete M24 SWS NSN: 1005-01-240-2136 (attached are two pics circa late 1980s of the original M24 SWS deployment kit to which that NSN is associated)

The only branch of the US military that I think is still using M24s is the Air Force, who apparently had Remington Defense convert their rifles into to the newer M24A2 configuration. I can not locate an NSN for the M24A2 configuration, so it appears that the original M24 NSN from 1986 is still active, I think. Here's the M24A2 configuration: https://www.remingtondefense.com/sniper-rifles/m24/27186.html

Around 2010 Remington Defense won a contract to rebuild the M24s into the M2010 configuration, and a new NSN was assigned on September 10, 2010: 1005-01-588-2913 (in other words, M24s were withdrawn from service around 2010 and re-born as the M2010 in 300 WinMag via a re-build program): Sniper, Enhanced, (ESR), .300 Win Mag, M2010 (attached is a picture of the M2010 system attached to that NSN).

As for NSNs, each part of the M24 has an NSN, as do all the various tools, and all the cleaning kit items also had NSNs, down to the tissue paper used to clean the scope lens... So dozens of NSNs are associated with the parts used in the original M24 SWS kit. One day the M24 SWS NSN will be officially retired, but I guess as long as the M24 is still active within the U.S. Air Force, the NSN from 1986 will live on....that's my impression. Hope that info was useful.

Doesn't the nsn insure that each item meets certain specifications? Since this rifle doesn't have the nsn its difficult or impossible to know if it meets the exact same specifications the army required. I believe the swfa scopes have the nsn number ?

It is a very nice rifle, I just wanted to know that it is held to the exact same standards as the military ones.