• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington's new 700 long range!!

here are a couple pictures i took of my remington 700 long range chambered in 25-06

That looks great! However, having used Razor's in the past, you may find it easier to get behind in the prone if you slide it forward a few notches on your rail.

I have one in 25-06. It's not totally stock. I had the action bedded, bolt lugs lapped, and factory trigger tuned.

Not bad for a sub $1000 gun...

Attachments

• .6.jpg
    .6.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 20
New Remington modle 700 Long Range

I have purchased this new rifle chambered in 30-06. I am curius what loads are the best for this barrel lenght and twist rate. Is it a rifle that can be a tackdriver at 1,000 yards? I love it so far. Have not shot past 100 yards. Very well made rifle, and the Bell and Carlson full aluminum bedding is a great feature. The trigger is not as crisp as desired, but can function satisfactory. Is there any one who has more expirence with this setup that I. who can let me know what they find is useful? To answer some of the questions, it comes in 30-06 and magnum cartriges. With a Leupold Scope, the weight is twelve pounds. I hand load, so if you know what reloading materials and amounts of poweder, best bullet weight, etc. I am fond of the Hornady SST rounds weighing 165. Which worked in my previous Remington model 700 setup. I have a great biopod, and a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm. What other upgrades, for accuracy can be done. I don't need glass bedding, just tips like "what would a oversized bolt lug do?" Just ideas that have worked for others.

I have purchased this new rifle chambered in 30-06. I am curius what loads are the best for this barrel lenght and twist rate. Is it a rifle that can be a tackdriver at 1,000 yards? I love it so far. Have not shot past 100 yards. Very well made rifle, and the Bell and Carlson full aluminum bedding is a great feature. The trigger is not as crisp as desired, but can function satisfactory. Is there any one who has more expirence with this setup that I. who can let me know what they find is useful? To answer some of the questions, it comes in 30-06 and magnum cartriges. With a Leupold Scope, the weight is twelve pounds. I hand load, so if you know what reloading materials and amounts of poweder, best bullet weight, etc. I am fond of the Hornady SST rounds weighing 165. Which worked in my previous Remington model 700 setup. I have a great biopod, and a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40mm. What other upgrades, for accuracy can be done. I don't need glass bedding, just tips like "what would a oversized bolt lug do?" Just ideas that have worked for others.

I am working on one here.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting.../241394-remington-700-long-range-30-06-a.html

The bottom metal is a Pacific Tool and Gauge military style, drops right in to a bdl inlet.

I looked at that, in researching it I was concerned that my AI 300 win mags would be to short (front to back) from a review I read. It seems there are two sizes out there. have you had any issues or know what mags your using?

I've heard the same things about the scopes. If you've used the Vortex PST, go with the Sightron and please tell us (me especially) how the Sightron compares. Great buy and thanks for sharing.

To those wondering, remington sku 85540 is essentially this rifle in .308 with a 24" 5r barrel on it. I have sku 85539, which is .223. You won't find them on the website, but they are legitimate. There is limited information about them, and I've seen many websites get it wrong themselves. They are 700's, cerakote, 24" 5r fluted "tactical rifling" barrels (I'm still not positive if they are true mil barrels put on or if they are standard barrels rifled like 5r but not so rigorously qc'd), x-mark pro, bell and carlson medalist. The .308s are noticeably harder to find, but even the local gun shop here had one.

Rumor is (from all I can find) they were a limited run custom ordered by some distributor or something. That's all I could dig up.

Last edited:
acc.

Have you been able to group this gun yet? How light can you adjust the factory trigger?

Any chance we can get a few more range reports. Thinking of one in 25-06.

As for the Remington 700 308 5R. These are an AcuSport item. Most dealers can order from the wholesaler AcuSport.

Thanks in advance.

hmmmm i gather buy the absence of the op it is not going well ?

but i hope it is as i know the pain of a new rem that don't shoot.

Son of a bitch. I just got around to measuring some bullets with my stoney point 30-06 modified case. A speer 125 TNT doesn't even seat into the neck. A 175 matchking is barely in the neck, and can be wiggled out by hand. Looks like everything is going to get jumped a mile.
208 amax?

I ended up seating the 125 so the base was just a little ahead of the neck and they shot around 0.75 MOA. I'm going to keep this gun my 175gr and under 30-06. I have a custom being built that will be for the heavies.

My scope came in and I mounted it just a few days before deploying. My first rig. Can't wait to try her out!
IMG_1920.jpg

It's too bad they can't/don't offer these with an M24 profile 5R barrel for $1000-$1200. They would sell a TON of them.
They pretty much do, Remington 700 Tactical Cerakote 5R Rifling: 7005R.jpg

Recently got mine in 7mm Rem Mag. Still in load development but it is looking good so far.

I'm in Canada and I ordered one in 300 win mag about two months ago but I'm still waiting for it. The delivery time is still affected by the trigger recall?