• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results Odessa FV200yd F-Class May 16th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Great weather again, bright sunshine with some switchy winds from the N/NW. There were 6 wind flags out today and some were watching them closely...others not so much.
whistle.gif

Here are the results-

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

1. STP 195-18V
2. Greg 182-14V

<span style="font-weight: bold">F T/R </span>

1. Tom 197-17V
2. Dan 191-14V
3. Kevin 189-8V
4. Curt 187-11V
5. Zercool 184-7V
6. Jeff 183-7V
7. Chris 175-5V

Once again, the F-T/R guns far outnumbered the Open class guns.

I suspect we have some lurkers still out there that could help offset the disparity between the 2 classes. How about it gang?
Come and shoot with us next time!

Thanks to all that shot with us today. It was a great day on the range.

Scott

Re: Results Odessa FV200yd F-Class May 16th

The flags indicated some interesting eddy patterns. Sometimes they helped, sometimes not. SS-One's Turkey Jerky was the best!

My results, though still somewhat lacking, show improvement, and I had a particularly good day. The road back is proving long but satisfying. Shooting the Deuce was a joy, and despite (perhaps because of) some wind, is proving educational.

I echo Scotty's sentiment; there's room on the line and this weather has been outstanding. The biggest crop harvested at these matches is smiles. Take a chance, come join our fun.

<span style="color: #000099">Some shooters expressed some good experiences shooting R/F.

I've been messing around with some R/F simulations of the FV200, as well as Palma. Still a bug or two, but possibly ready for a dress rehearsal. If this sort of thing interests you folks, I might be persuaded to start something as an adjunct to the FV200 program, maybe to run following those matches. Think it over and let me know here whether you'd like to give it a try. Nothing is cut in stone (other than the same $10 donation to the Club), and we can alter and advance the idea as we go along.

Provisional guidelines:

Under no circumstances is this event permitted to conflict in any way with FV200 activities.

Rimfire only. Class is called FV-R/F. Semi's also permitted.

.22LR is T/R, must be fired from Bipod.

Other rimfire chamberings are Open, may be fired from rest or bipod. .22LR fired from a rest is Open.

Palma-R/F is .22LR, Iron Sights. AROS-R/F (Any R/F Rifle, Optical Sights) use same target as Palma-R/F, both categories no Rest or bipod, Slings allowed.

Same COF as FV200, except, targets are 1/2 size and arrayed at 80(-ish) yd.

Palma-R/F and AROS-R/F uses a different V target, Gray aiming bull much larger, rings enlarged to correspond to the same size ratio used in normal F Class/Highpower (or thereabouts). Same distance as FV-R/F.

First event is free, you tell me when it is.</span>

Greg

Scotty, I apologize for the Hijack, but you knew this whas bound to surface eventually.

I wasn't watching the wind flags, but I don't think the wind was the biggest detractor for my score. ;-) Just waited for it to die down at the line and squeezed through.

STP, huge thanks again for the use of your equipment and ammo. I learned something about my .270, and I'll have to start setting aside some pennies to build my own F-class rig.

Greg - I'd be VERY interested in a rimfire match. Good chance to stretch out the .17HMR and the Savage MkII.

As always I had a good time. Lack of practice on my part shows in my score. It just motivates me to get out and shoot more often.

Thanks for putting the match together, Scott.

Another great day Scott! The weather couldn't have been better. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

When is the next match? I have a service pistol match coming up and will have to get practicing for that and loading for both. Maybe I can load the rifle ammo on the rockchucker with my left hand and the .45 on the dillon with my right!

June 5th

Can`t Howard size-n-prime while Chris does the rest??
wink.gif

Dang! Thats the weekend I'll be down to Fort Indian town Gap shooting the short gun. Maybe I'll let Chris shoot my Rem. at the Odessa match while I'm gone!

Tell him we all want him to come back and shoot with us!

I`ll team up with him if he doesn`t mind...?

Scott,
I do believe we have hooked Chris. He is loading up some test loads for his new rifle and fondling his computor looking at new scopes. I'm sure he would greatly appreciate your helping him at the next match. He couldn't see the wee little .22 holes with the scope he had at the last match so he will have one of Howards or my scopes on his rig until he gets a new one.

If I can find something for him to use for a spell I`ll bring it along next time.

I don`t remember what was on his Predator for glass
blush.gif

Scotty, I have one of my Tasco 6-24X42 MilDots sitting on the bench right now. I'll be happy to put it up as a loaner until his scope comes in. It's identical with what I'm using on my Duece right now. Focus is a little critical, but I can see my .22 bullet holes quite well with it.

Greg

STP,

Is the next match still this Saturday? Gonna be up home so will try to make it if you are still shooting.

John

John, I had the same question until I looked at the actual calendar. Next match is 'first Saturday', a week <span style="font-style: italic">after</span> this W/E.

Welcome back; how'd ya do down there?

Greg

Jon; No posted schedule or official Odessa web site, they run the matches on the first Saturday of the month, and a second match on a Sunday a few weeks later.

Springwater has a web site; Springwaterrodandgun.com and has posted the schedule for the summer.

Neither match is a slam dunk, yes its only 200yds, but the V is 1 inch, the 5 ring is at 2 inches. Keeping 40 rounds in that bull ain’t easy.

Generally the Sunday two weeks after the first Saturday. This is so folks having problems with Saturdays can still make it on a Sunday, and vice-versa.

Also; oops, thought I was replying to JDA Sr.

I`m in WG, it takes about 10 minutes to get to the club in Odessa. Race weekends can effect the drive time considerably...