• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticles for Meopta Optika 6 scopes.

The reticle should be called the “Ilya-47”.

I get 5 mil wind holds out here all the time at 10 mil plus windage. Not sure if that’s a feature that can be requested.

The reticle should be called the “Ilya-47”.

I get 5 mil wind holds out here all the time at 10 mil plus windage. Not sure if that’s a feature that can be requested.

I've thought about it, but I am a little concerned about making it a little too large. How about I extend the dots to 4.5 mrad at 10, 11 and 12 mrad of holdover and the number will sit at 5 mrad mark?

The reticle as it is drawn reflects how I shoot and if the wind is that significant I dial elevation and use the primary horizontal for wind. Different folks, different strokes.

ILya

I've thought about it, but I am a little concerned about making it a little too large. How about I extend the dots to 4.5 mrad at 10, 11 and 12 mrad of holdover and the number will sit at 5 mrad mark?

The reticle as it is drawn reflects how I shoot and if the wind is that significant I dial elevation and use the primary horizontal for wind. Different folks, different strokes.

ILya
Looks great to me. Now just push for a "H" version too with a donut of death around the center and all will be right with the world.

I love the reticle with the exception of the alternating numbers on either side going down. Would rather have then all on 1 side. Thank you helping get Meopta up to date.

Reactions: Gil P.
This is a fantastic reticle, Ilya, thanks for getting this going and making this a viable scope.

I've always liked Meopta scopes and with Optika 6, I saw a way to add a reticle I like into a sub-$1k scope, so I jumped on it. Meopta knows how to build high quality optomechanical designs.

With reticles, there is no way to please everyone, but I figured if I can design a modern 0.2 mrad based tree reticle and convince them to use it, it will get some traction.

ILya

I really hope they come out with some nice simple reticles in the lower powers in SFP for the people that like to hunt varmints and small game. It seems the scope companies cater these days to FFP scopes with busy reticles for the long distance crowd. It really is hard to find something decent anymore these days. I have a Vortex hunter in the BDC G4 and for the life of me can not believe they quit making it. It is just about the perfect reticle and if it had the dot illuminated every rifle I have would have 1 on it. I have 2 Meoptas and love them. I looked at some of the prices out at Euro Optics that they have listed. If they have some nice simple reticles for the hunters and the same decent glass it almost seems to good to be true. If they get it right they will not be able to keep them on the shelf.

Reactions: iowa
I love where this is going. I had a stiffy for Meopta in 2002 or so when the 1-4 came out and I badly wanted them to make a real tactical scope.

I really hope they come out with some nice simple reticles in the lower powers in SFP for the people that like to hunt varmints and small game. It seems the scope companies cater these days to FFP scopes with busy reticles for the long distance crowd. It really is hard to find something decent anymore these days. I have a Vortex hunter in the BDC G4 and for the life of me can not believe they quit making it. It is just about the perfect reticle and if it had the dot illuminated every rifle I have would have 1 on it. I have 2 Meoptas and love them. I looked at some of the prices out at Euro Optics that they have listed. If they have some nice simple reticles for the hunters and the same decent glass it almost seems to good to be true. If they get it right they will not be able to keep them on the shelf.

There will be simpler reticles for SFP scopes. Meopta already has those.

ILya

Ilya, I feel like I read it somewhere, but now I'm second guessing myself- is the optika-6 glass basically the same as the meo-pro, not the meostar?

Reticle looks good. Now they just have to make the mechanics right so that it dials where you tell it to.

Ilya, I feel like I read it somewhere, but now I'm second guessing myself- is the optika-6 glass basically the same as the meo-pro, not the meostar?

It is a new optical system, so I do not know for sure where it lands. It is priced like a MeoPro, so I would expect it to be in that ballpark, but we'll know for sure when the scope gets here.

Ilya

Reactions: beretta_man11
I really like the illumination limited to the center "cross." If its truly daytime bright at 3x, I'm sold. That would be a great hunting/long range dual purpose optic.

It looks like the outer stadia may be illuminated as well. At 3x will this look like an illuminated German #4 with a floating illuminated cross?

All,

I just found this thread and would like to add some clarity on the new Optika line of riflescopes and Binoculars. I DO work for Meopta as a sales rep for them in a few states so this should be the latest, greatest, most up to date info. I really want to help spread the word on the Optika stuff as the feedback so far from Dealers has been amazing! Optika products should start popping up at dealers late May, early June.

As Far as a comparison to a current Meopta series, technically it is all the exact same glass and coatings as the MeoPro series. However, to my eye, the Optikas are a little sharper. I can tell you that I have owned some Nightforce scopes and I would put one of the most full featured Optikas for $700 retail up against an NXS at 2k any day of the week.

There will also be an 8x42 and 10x42 Optika binos available for $299.99 retail!!! European made binos at $300 and Optika scopes from $499-$899 ???? Sell your Vortexes and Leupolds and anything else double those prices because there is no comparison. Especially since most everything else is made in Asia....

I copied the original list of scopes below from the original posting and have listed some additional info on each including the MAP retail price. Give me a shout if you have any additional questions, I'd be happy to try and help.

***Don't forget to check out their new "DicroTech" reticles. Illuminated reticles with no batteries, all done with coatings on the lenses. Color of reticle automatically changes depending on ambient light and the background of your target. I'm not going list every single reticle on each scope, but if you want to know one or two just ask me.

1-6x24 SFP MAP $499 - illuminated only - capped turrets

1-6x24 FFP MAP $549 (non illum), $599 (dicrotech/illum) - capped turrets

2.5-15x44 SFP MAP $499 (non illum), $549 (dicrotech/illum) - capped turrets

3-18x50 SPF MAP $549 (non illum), $599 (dicrotech/illum) - exposed elevation turret, capped windage, locking elevation

3-18x50 FFP MAP $649 (non illum), $699 (dicrotech/illum) - exposed elevation turret, capped windage, locking elevation

3-18x56 SFP MAP $599 (non illum), $649 (dicrotech/illum) - exposed elevation turret, capped windage, locking elevation

3-18x56 FFP MAP $699 (non illum), $749 (dicrotech/illum) - exposed elevation turret, capped windage, locking elevation

4.5-27x50 SFP MAP $649 (non illum), $699 (dicrotech/illum) - exposed elevation and windage, zero stop and locking elevation turret

4.5-27x50 FFP MAP $799 - illuminated only - exposed elevation and windage, zero stop and locking elevation turret

5-30x56 FFP (34mm tube) MAP $899 - illuminated or dicrotech - exposed elevation and windage, zero stop and locking elevation.

And only the elevation locks in the 27&30x? Or does the windage lock to? Because locking elevation I could care less about, windage is the one that should lock.

And only the elevation locks in the 27&30x? Or does the windage lock to? Because locking elevation I could care less about, windage is the one that should lock.
Pretty positive it's only elevation. The 4.5-27 prototype sample I have is only elevation. That' s also how it reads in the catalog and on the website. I personally think if you are going to do one, do both. But I'm not an engineer....just a lowly sales guy.

Reactions: spife7980
ILya,

From your list, the 3-18x50mm ffp is most appealing to me though I am also interested in the 4.5-27x50mm that was in their SHOT handout but isn't on the web list. I'm not a huge fan of 56mm's. Also, I think the last scope on your list is supposed to be 5-30x56mm not 5-20x56mm. That scope features a 34mm tube and gets 80moa of adjustment instead of the 60moa in the 27's. Really, the 27's should be in a 34mm tube as well. Their 60moa is a bit limiting.

Meopta's reticles in their product catalog, and in link posted are pretty lame. While I might buy one of the above scopes in their Mildot 2 I would be doing it for the scope and pretty much hating the reticle. My current thinking on reticle designs is below (Inner circle is high power field of view line this was based on ~5-25x scope) salient features are:

1) Center utilizes finer line width instead of floating dot. I know floating dots are the rage but I find them inferior because you end up having to make them too large to have them show up because they are a dot instead of a line. Paradoxically, they end up covering more, not less. They also force you to break up your normal pattern of hashes near the center which ends up saddling the shooter with more to think about which leads to mistakes.

2) Pattern of hashes is the same though the whole reticle except the fine .1mil section. WTF are scope makers thinking throwing me 3 different patterns of hashes in the same scope. I'm sure that will never cause a problem with a stopwatch ticking and all the variables swimming in my head. Hell, I don't really even do timed stuff and it still causes problems because it gives the wind read longer to change between shots.

3) The reticle uses and odds up, evens down, odds left, evens right single sided hash mark scheme that I find clearer, easier to use, and faster than the traditional scheme in which only the hash widths are varied.

4) Labels for what mill you are on are added every 2 mils. This really speeds things up when making your wind holds and prevents a lot of mistakes. Especially, on windy days where your holding out a long way. Reticles without labels suck.

5) The first mil above the center of the crosshair is left open because I have found that helpful and making the reticle feel more open and less cluttered. Yea, I know, some competitors are starting to use some hold unders and some are even asking for Christmas trees above the horizon line. Not me.

6) The reticle is floating instead of continuing all the way to the edges to allow it to be as open as possible at low power since low power is usually used for target acquisition and as open a view as possible is what is desired. I think a floating reticle is more aesthetically pleasing as well.

7) The Christmas tree section is very sparse. Only markings every full mil. I use these sections for compensation only when time is short, and for calculating corrections after seeing splash on a miss. I need to see the splash and the more buisy, the more splash you will either miss, or, more often, just misplace a little.

8) The reticle itself is removed from the fine, .1 mil, milling section. This helps you see exactly where your target comes too improving your measurement accuracy. It looks cool as well.

Since your designing this ILya, I have a feeling I will see a PSO-1 type stadia section in the scope. That would be a fine feature as well and certainly useful when you don't know the distance of the target, like in real life, when the target is something you might want to kill and eat. Funny how range finding is so important in the real world and so many "practical" competitions do so little of it.

Anyhow, make us a good one ILya.

Attachments

• 2018 10 8 ffp reticle bigjimfish design 2.jpg
    2018 10 8 ffp reticle bigjimfish design 2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 162
First, a disclaimer: I do not work for Meopta and do not have any decision power as far as which reticles they will use. However, they people I know at Meopta are willing to take market feedback into consideration, so here is a list of Optika 6 scopes from their website. Tell me which reticle would you want in which scope.

Here are the rules: you get to pick one reticle only for each scope. If this configuration is not of interest to you personally, skip it.

Basically, here is what I am curious about: if a particular configuration is appealing to you, what reticle would make you want to buy it?

1-6x24 SFP

2.5-15x44 SFP

3-18x50 SPF

3-18x50 FFP

3-18x56 SFP

3-18x56 FFP

4.5-27x56 SFP

4.5-27x56 FFP

5-20x56 FFP

Thanks
ILya
1-6x24...low power and small diameter. Needs a CQB reticle. Meaning a POA/POI or "point blank" reticle. A circle the size of your intended target out the max distance you expect to shoot at 1X works well. If the circle is inside the target, pull the trigger, if outside, then adjust for drop. The drop is stadia spaced in mil or moa out to as far as 1k. meaning if you need ten mil (a standard 7.62) to get to 1k, then that's what you have from the crosshair down. The circle can also be a guide for wind.

Everything else can go with a standard moa or mil tactical style of reticle. They already have the McWhorter reticle, so that should be an option as well. One difference though, is the 2.5-15 could use a CQB circle on it.

Any update on when this reticle will be available? Or what it will be called?

I think the tree reticle I designed for them should be out this summer, but the exact dates I do not know. Same for the name. The drawing I gave them has a name, but I do not know if they will use it.

ILya

Thanks for the update! I’ll be home in June and was kinda hoping it would be out by then. Might have to wait till my November vacation.

Soooo, which scope and which tree reticle is going to be available? Can someone post or link the actual reticle and details on scope spec? Didn't see what I was looking for on the Meopta site but I could have missed it.

And parallax down to what distance?

Highly interested in a 3-18 ffp to compare to my Zeiss v4

Almost a total lock on a pair of 8x42s at that price

I’ll add I think it would be a really really good option to have locking windage on an exposed turret. I’m simply not going to carry an exposed windage into the field on a hunt.

Last edited:
Holy shit, this is it? Where can I buy? I need two or three. Seriously, where can I buy?

Thank you @koshkin and @Burdy !
Don't thank me. That was all @koshkin. I threw out some suggestions in the initial thread that happened to make it in there, like .5 floating wind dots, floating center and .2 hashes, but most of those are standard wants nowadays. I really like how he handled the .5 markers on the x and y. He is the creator and deserves all the credit. Now, if I could just get the 3-18 model with a doughnut around the center I could finally trade off my last LRHSi. :p

Reactions: 260284
Highly interested in a 3-18 ffp to compare to my Zeiss v4

Almost a total lock on a pair of 8x42s at that price

I’ll add I think it would be a really really good option to have locking windage on an exposed turret. I’m simply not going to carry an exposed windage into the field on a hunt.
The 3-18's will be capped

Reactions: DangerRanger
Right, which is why I’m interested in that one. Should have clarified I meant the upper tiers 4.5-27 and 5-30
Ah, gotcha, and...agreed. Personally I like the locking windage on most everything except maybe a .22 trainer or something, but I will be OK on my personal hunting rifles as I usually don't go above 18 on the scope and rarely above 10 power in actual use.

Reactions: DangerRanger
Don't thank me. That was all @koshkin. I threw out some suggestions in the initial thread that happened to make it in there, like .5 floating wind dots, floating center and .2 hashes, but most of those are standard wants nowadays. I really like how he handled the .5 markers on the x and y. He is the creator and deserves all the credit. Now, if I could just get the 3-18 model with a doughnut around the center I could finally trade off my last LRHSi. :p

I made several reticle designs for Meopta, including for the 3-18x and that included some rapid aiming features. We'll see if they use it.

I think they are really focused on getting the 5-30x56 out first.

ILya

How much elevation adjustment were y’all thinking for the 4.5-27 and 5-30?

I do not remember the exact specs, but the reason 5-30x sits in a 34mm tube is to get extra adjustment range. 4.5-27x has less adjustment.

The 5-30x is, I think in the 27 - 30 mrad range, but I do not remember specifics offhand.

ILya

Reactions: Burdy and gnochi
Holy shit, this is it? Where can I buy? I need two or three. Seriously, where can I buy?

Thank you @koshkin and @Burdy !
We have been working closely with Meopta to assure that we will have a healthy supply of these scopes as soon as they become available. We are accepting pre-orders for those that are interested. Please give us a call to arrange this.
Have a great evening
Doug

quite excited for the 1-6x, recommended by Steve Fisher as a low cost SFP 1-6x to look out for this year.