• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticles for Meopta Optika 6 scopes.

Must have missed it but what’s the price range on these new scopes now?

These scopes will be available in both FFP and SFP in a wide variety of sizes and reticle options.

1-6x24
3-18x50
3-18x56
4.5-27x50
5-30x56
Priced from $499.95 - $899.95

We are accepting pre-orders for those that want to get these as soon as they are released. Please give a call to discuss this, 516-217-1000

Reactions: bman940
BTW, I was asked by a member here:

"I'm interested in the SFP 4.5-27x50 version. Do you have the subtensions for the BDC3 reticle? I'd like to find out the size of the center dot for both the mil and moa versions (if it comes in the two different formats). "

I reached out to the Meopta Tech Rep and he replied:

"The BDC reticle will only be in MOA format and in the preproduction sample I have it is the BDC-3. The subtension drawings I have are attached (they are metric but can be converted pretty easily). With the 4.5-27x50 he is referring to being a FFP reticle, the data in the chart will be true for all powers."

I hope this is helpful
Doug

Attachments

• BDC-3.JPG
    BDC-3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Doug -

Thanks for the info.

Tried looking over their website to see what the main difference is on the 3-18x50 and 3-18x56 but on my phone it gives me a generic description.

If you have a better link or pdf. I would like to learn more about them

Highly interested in a 3-18 ffp to compare to my Zeiss v4

Almost a total lock on a pair of 8x42s at that price

I’ll add I think it would be a really really good option to have locking windage on an exposed turret. I’m simply not going to carry an exposed windage into the field on a hunt.
All 3-18x Optika scopes will have capped windage actually

Soooo, which scope and which tree reticle is going to be available? Can someone post or link the actual reticle and details on scope spec? Didn't see what I was looking for on the Meopta site but I could have missed it.

And parallax down to what distance?
The "MRAD" reticle will be available on: 1-6x24 FFP, 3-18x50 FFP, 3-18x56 FFP, 4.5-27x50 FFP, 5-30x56 FFP (34mm tube)....so it will only be available on the FFP models now, was originally on some of the SFP version also, but they recently made a few tweaks to offerings in production.

Parallax will be: The 2.5-15x44 and 3-18x56 scopes are all 10 yards - infinity. I don't have a super cool, scientific answer as to why this is, other than that is just what engineers decided and went with it... Everything else is 25 yards - infinity.

Reactions: Subwrx300
Doug -

Thanks for the info.

Tried looking over their website to see what the main difference is on the 3-18x50 and 3-18x56 but on my phone it gives me a generic description.

If you have a better link or pdf. I would like to learn more about them
Other than the objective size being different, the 3-18x50 will have about twice as many reticle options available. Both are available in FFP and SFP. 3-18x56 has a lower parallax adjustment range of 10-infinity, 3-18x50 is 25-inf., which should make really no difference in shooting a firearm...although air gun folks prefer the lowest parallax setting possible. The SFP 3-18's will have both capped windage and elevation, FFP models have exposed elevation, capped windage.

Reactions: jafo96
All,

Here is the latest info for turret configurations on each model. This should help clarify a lot...this is the correct info, regardless if the website says something different:

1-6x24 SFP, 2.5-15x44 SFP, 3-18x50 SFP, 3-18x56 SFP will all have capped windage and elevation

4.5-27x50 SFP, 4.5-27x50 FFP, 5-30x56 FFP will have exposed locking elevation with zero stop, and exposed windage

1-6x24 FFP will have exposed locking windage and elevation

3-18x50 FFP, 3-18x56 FFP will have exposed locking zero stop elevation and capped windage

I am trying to get good reticle images from Czech Republic for the new reticles (.223, .308, 6.5, MRAD) so as soon as I have them I will try to post as well.

All,

Here is the latest info for turret configurations on each model. This should help clarify a lot...this is the correct info, regardless if the website says something different:

1-6x24 SFP, 2.5-15x44 SFP, 3-18x50 SFP, 3-18x56 SFP will all have capped windage and elevation

4.5-27x50 SFP, 4.5-27x50 FFP, 5-30x56 FFP will have exposed locking elevation with zero stop, and exposed windage

1-6x24 FFP will have exposed locking windage and elevation

3-18x50 FFP, 3-18x56 FFP will have exposed locking zero stop elevation and capped windage

I am trying to get good reticle images from Czech Republic for the new reticles (.223, .308, 6.5, MRAD) so as soon as I have them I will try to post as well.
Do you have ETA to dealers? Assuming definitely this year and maybe June/July target? These will be awesome for 22lr precision market. Sub 800 options with good glass, parallax down to 10-25 yards with a solid reticle!? Take my money.

If it's even near the PST Gen 2 or some of the mid/high end Athalons optically, it will be a great option for sure!!!

Reactions: jafo96
We have been working VERY closely with Meopta on these scopes, as well as the new Optika binoculars. They do not have an exact ship date yet, however, they are hoping to start shipping in the next few weeks (not all reticles and variations). As soon as we get definitive word we will post about it.

Just got this info:

Binos will most likely be early June and scopes hopefully late June

Last edited:
Do you have ETA to dealers? Assuming definitely this year and maybe June/July target? These will be awesome for 22lr precision market. Sub 800 options with good glass, parallax down to 10-25 yards with a solid reticle!? Take my money.

If it's even near the PST Gen 2 or some of the mid/high end Athalons optically, it will be a great option for sure!!!
The original ship target was late May/early June, and I'm told they are still on that timeline. I'm sure there will be a few weeks sliding either way one some of the models. Binos might come first or scopes first, I really don't know.

These will easily blow anything in the price range out of the water....I mean, I know everyone loves their Vortex's, but let me put it this way....would you rather have a Chinese/Filipino optic from a company that has only been in business about ten years or a 100% European optic from a company that has been in business since 1933, w/ a lifetime warranty, makes lenses for all the other big name brand European optics companies and makes the sighting systems for the US military's Abrams tanks???? I know what I'd pick...

Here is another good comparison:
Vortex Viper PST 3-15x44 , zero stop, illuminated reticle $999 retail (best seller at a most dealers)
Meopta Optika 4.5-27x50, zero stop, illuminated reticle $699 retail

....Almost twice as much magnification, European built, higher light transmission (88% to the eye in low light, dusk/dawn) for $300 LESS!!! Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'll even go out on a limb and say I'd put these up against the $2,000 plus Nightforce NXS. You will get more overall MOA/MILs of adjustment out of the Nightforce, but the Optikas have plenty for most cartridges and people shooting to 1,000 yards....

If the FFP 3-18x56 with its 10yd parallax could get dichro MRAD, it's gonna be an extremely versatile air gun scope and I will be first in line. Really hope the dichro and MRAD eventually comes specced together on that model, the way it seems to have on the 25yd parallax 5-30x56.

Reactions: bman940 and gnochi
Heavy65, You are in luck, The new Optika6 will be rated for Spring-piston air rifles. I just mounted up two Meopta scopes, MeoPro and MeoStar and I am thoroughly impressed with the clarity, brightness, and weight of these optics. I told a buddy who is into competitive 22LR shooting and he's seriously considering the Optika6 for the same reason's you described above, plus it will be coming out with an illuminated MRAD reticle. I am not sure of the price but I am sure I will be putting one on each of my Bergara Premier LRP in 6.5CM/.308 Win. rifles. I have watched Meopta for a long time and I know they have made glass for a number of large companies so it is great to see them bringing to the consumer scopes that we want to use and can afford. Quality will always sell and from what I have seen and read, Meopta's new reticle option's should be a huge hit.

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-19%20at%2011.15.57%20AM%202.png

We often shoot a pair of RWS 460s which are legendary scope destroyers, I have been cycling in shitty Hawkes and other crap scopes that are lying around, and murdering them one by one. Windage will start moving over by multiple feet or the reticles will rotate internally in the scope. It's actually fun to see how long they'll go when you know up front that this will be their last meal. So I've destroyed my last shitty scope and am looking for The One that will not only survive, but handle both the close range gallery type shooting we do off the back porch at the end of a hunting day in failing light (or under spotlights), or the "chili can races" where we lob 22s into them at long range to "race" a couple cans across a hill, always a good time with underlevers in one hand and Mexican lagers in the other. That's where both the 10yd parallax AND the tree and dichro come in. So I'm really hoping for that magical combo of 10yd parallax, 56mm objective, mrad/dichro, and large mag range. The 5-30 is just a bit overkill for the close range shooting and size of the scope. Go 3-18!

We often shoot a pair of RWS 460s which are legendary scope destroyers, I have been cycling in shitty Hawkes and other crap scopes that are lying around, and murdering them one by one. Windage will start moving over by multiple feet or the reticles will rotate internally in the scope. It's actually fun to see how long they'll go when you know up front that this will be their last meal. So I've destroyed my last shitty scope and am looking for The One that will not only survive, but handle both the close range gallery type shooting we do off the back porch at the end of a hunting day in failing light (or under spotlights), or the "chili can races" where we lob 22s into them at long range to "race" a couple cans across a hill, always a good time with underlevers in one hand and Mexican lagers in the other. That's where both the 10yd parallax AND the tree and dichro come in. So I'm really hoping for that magical combo of 10yd parallax, 56mm objective, mrad/dichro, and large mag range. The 5-30 is just a bit overkill for the close range shooting and size of the scope. Go 3-18!

That’s so true. My dad and I have some RWS 34’s, HW97’s, and PCP air guns. The stupid RWS 34’s are scope killers. Mine has killed 3-4 air gun rated scopes. Just killed a hammers “air gun” scope. I would love a great scope that works on a RWS 34.

Side note: I even tried a vortex 2-8 scope and killed it after 30 shots :( ... called before I used it and they said give it a go and they ended up replacing it but it was a good lesson to me.

What do the reticles look like for the FFP -“3-18x56?

If it goes does to 10 yards that would be beautiful for air guns and rimfires

That’s so true. My dad and I have some RWS 34’s, HW97’s, and PCP air guns. The stupid RWS 34’s are scope killers. Mine has killed 3-4 air gun rated scopes. Just killed a hammers “air gun” scope. I would love a great scope that works on a RWS 34.

Side note: I even tried a vortex 2-8 scope and killed it after 30 shots :( ... called before I used it and they said give it a go and they ended up replacing it but it was a good lesson to me.

What do the reticles look like for the FFP -“3-18x56?

If it goes does to 10 yards that would be beautiful for air guns and rimfires
Meopta lenses are held inside the scope tube by deep "slots" that are machined out and then fitted tightly in there. Most scopes' lenses are held in my some form or cement/epoxy/glue which is why they can be rattled around so easily. While I would definitely still default to speaking directly with Meopta's customer service people, this method makes this method does make their scopes much more robust tan most.

Reticles for the FFP 3-18x56 are as follows (keep in mind the FFP 3-18x's also have a zero stop elevation turret and capped windage):

$699.95 Non Illum: Z-Plex
$749.95 Illuminated: Z-Plus, BDC, MRAD (Mil/Mil)
$749.95 DicroTech: 4D

Folks,

I have various Meopta samples for sale right now which are listed in the Optics buy sell trade forum. I you have any interest message me and I can send you the link and give you more details.

ZD 1-4x22
ZD 6-24x56
MeoStar R2 2-12x50
MeoRed red dot

Reactions: Frankr and bman940
You already have the new Dichroic reticle that was shown off at SHOT Show 2019? What do you think of it? The buzz around this reticle has been substantial.

Reactions: heavy65
No b, never seen or handled a dichro, which is also why I'd like to run it through the airgun ringer first. The airgun often comes out late when pew might feel a bit un-neighborly, and I like the idea of a ret that might could work in a little bit of porchlight without batteries to ever fuss with. I like the idea of passive semi-illumination on a classic ready-to-go air gun / camp toy. The gun's already a pig, so I'm not worried about weight, and it's a hoot to plink 22 pellets "long range." With the built in "droop" I'm curious to find how much elevation I'll end up getting out of such a setup. Something about a Czech optic feels appropriate on this German gun, though I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Sightron either (the original plan for scope-proofing this 460).

gr8fuldoug & shiples please let me know when 4.5x27x 50 ffp illuminated MRAD is in stock!
If you can pm me with pre-order requirements, Thanks!

Just how bright is the dot going to be? Particularly on the 1-6x sfp with the BDC-3 or 223 reticles.

I noticed the SFP scope only comes with a Z-Plex 1 reticle but there are a lot of choices with the FFP option. I have one with the KDot Dichro reticle, should be great on hogs using my SBR.

Gentlemen, I scanned through the last couple of pages of this thread and figured I should attempt to sorta calm things down a little.

I expect these to be very good, but I do not think anyone here on this thread has seen a production model yet, me included. Only a couple of people posting here have seen dichrotech reticles in the flesh, so to speak, and we really have no idea yet how to use the technology best. I have some ideas that will probably be tried at some point and implementation I like will be tried on the 5-30x56, but it is new.

We have no idea how Optika6 will stack up and I do not want people to have unreasonable expectations that it will compete with S&B for under $1k. I will be overjoyed if it does, but I do not expect it to. I do expect it to punch above its weight class, but we will not know until the scopes are here.

What we do know is that Meopta is serious about being a major player across the entire spectrum of sporting optics. We also know that they have the technical capability to be a major player. And we know that they are listening to market feedback.

The reticle I designed for the 5-30x56 will be likely used in a couple of different designs and that is the reticle that popped up in this thread. Some people will like it and some will not, but I tried to incorporate the features that, in my estimation, most people asked for.

If if it is up your alley, give it a shot, try the scope, use it in the field and tell me how it works for you. If this reticle is a success for Meopta as I hope it will be, this will serve as validation for going to the end users for feedback and coming out with a successful product.

If we show this to be a viable way to influence product design, we will end up getting the products that we want.

ILya

Gentlemen, I scanned through the last couple of pages of this thread and figured I should attempt to sorta calm things down a little.

I expect these to be very good, but I do not think anyone here on this thread has seen a production model yet, me included. Only a couple of people posting here have seen dichrotech reticles in the flesh, so to speak, and we really have no idea yet how to use the technology best. I have some ideas that will probably be tried at some point and implementation I like will be tried on the 5-30x56, but it is new.

We have no idea how Optika6 will stack up and I do not want people to have unreasonable expectations that it will compete with S&B for under $1k. I will be overjoyed if it does, but I do not expect it to. I do expect it to punch above its weight class, but we will not know until the scopes are here.

What we do know is that Meopta is serious about being a major player across the entire spectrum of sporting optics. We also know that they have the technical capability to be a major player. And we know that they are listening to market feedback.

The reticle I designed for the 5-30x56 will be likely used in a couple of different designs and that is the reticle that popped up in this thread. Some people will like it and some will not, but I tried to incorporate the features that, in my estimation, most people asked for.

If if it is up your alley, give it a shot, try the scope, use it in the field and tell me how it works for you. If this reticle is a success for Meopta as I hope it will be, this will serve as validation for going to the end users for feedback and coming out with a successful product.

If we show this to be a viable way to influence product design, we will end up getting the products that we want.

ILya
Pretty spot on. I think their target is much more Vortex Viper than S&B or even Razor. I think with that being the goal, and the level of glass historically that comes from the Meopro series, this will be successful given the price and feature set. I would love to see your reticle make it over to a side-parallax Meostar model with the feature set of the Optika's, at that point I think it could probably compete with anything south of $3k fairly handily. As for Dichro, if the transparency can be adjusted, I could see the ability to make a scope that acts quickly at low power using only the thicker dichro, with fine solid lines traced inside for precision shooting.

Points taken, I do not expect it to stack up to S&B or other top tier scopes, as long as it tracks true and the glass is on par or better than Vortex GEN II Viper or ATHLON ARES I will be very satisfied. Ilya, Thanks again for your reticle input to MEOPTA!

Pretty spot on. I think their target is much more Vortex Viper than S&B or even Razor. I think with that being the goal, and the level of glass historically that comes from the Meopro series, this will be successful given the price and feature set. I would love to see your reticle make it over to a side-parallax Meostar model with the feature set of the Optika's, at that point I think it could probably compete with anything south of $3k fairly handily. As for Dichro, if the transparency can be adjusted, I could see the ability to make a scope that acts quickly at low power using only the thicker dichro, with fine solid lines traced inside for precision shooting.

One of the versions of the reticle I considered had thick dichro bars with thin lines in the middle, but after looking at the 3-12x56 with dichro reticle I scrapped that for now. Transparency can be adjusted in theory, but that would require some experiementation and I do not think they should be doing it yet.

As far as high end scopes go, I would like them to develop the MeoTac line a little more. That has a lot of potential.

ILya

One of the versions of the reticle I considered had thick dichro bars with thin lines in the middle, but after looking at the 3-12x56 with dichro reticle I scrapped that for now. Transparency can be adjusted in theory, but that would require some experiementation and I do not think they should be doing it yet.

As far as high end scopes go, I would like them to develop the MeoTac line a little more. That has a lot of potential.

ILya

The meotac is very interesting but always seemed way unmarketed. If they can improve it with this reticle tech and maybe expand the erector range I have a few short rifles it would suit very well.

The 2 scopes I have seen from Meopta have been very impressive as far as quality and price. Both are hunting scopes and not what the longrange shooter would select. It sounds like the reticle Koshkin has designed for Meopta is just what those shooting longrange will want. The not yet out Optika6 line sounds very interesting and the Dichroic reticles should be great for hunters. Thanks for the update, K.

I had a pretty awesome range day with my Bergara and Meopta MeoStar 3-12x56 shooting Hornady 143 gr ELD-X bullets. Always nice to have a day like this once in a while.

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-25%20at%2010.17.09%20AM.png

The meotac is very interesting but always seemed way unmarketed. If they can improve it with this reticle tech and maybe expand the erector range I have a few short rifles it would suit very well.

I think we will see Meotac change as we go along. Historically, MeoTac scopes were simply MeoStar variants with different turrets and reticles. MeoTac 3-12x50 is, I think, the first scope that is specifically designed for the tactical world and the 5-30x56 Optika6 is another.

As much as I would like to see Meopta develop the MeoTac line further and compete on the high end, I think Optika6 is more important at this stage and I would rather have them focus on that. They do not have infinite resources and Optika6 can be a very big deal if they do it right.

After Optika6 product lane is properly fleshed out I would really like to see what they can do with MeoTac.

ILya

June is almost over. Any update for those of us comping at the bit?

ILya
Scanned through the thread but did not see an image of your reticle ILya, are you able to post and share the design? Of if I'm blind and did not see it, which post # is it :)