• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire Rifle Photos Thread

Very nice piece Frank. Hard to follow that but here's my newest addition to the family.

L

IMG_4214_zps428f5b19.jpg

Great wood on your 1903!

AICS/Leupard 10/22

AICS/Leupard stock, Green Mountain 20" barrel, 50BMG style compensator, Brimstone trigger work, Que bolt, Kidd spring/rod and bolt handle. I mostly shoot this rifle at 100 yards with a consistent 1-2" group. My next upgrade is replacing the stock receiver(only stock part left) with an Kidd or Volquartsen receiver.

Attachments

• 1022 1.jpg
    1022 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • 1022 2.jpg
    1022 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 1022 3.jpg
    1022 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Here's my Anschutz moving target rifle:

IMAG0444.jpg

And here's my shootingbuddys Olympic gold medal winning rifle from the '88 Olympics in Seoul, Korea. Walther with Nickel 4-16x56 twin post scope. Pretty isn't it :) :

mailgooglecom.jpg

Both rifles have shot more than 100k rounds.

Torf,

Those are nice. Very special rifles. How do they shoot?

Irish

My CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer.
16.5" Factory barrel 1/2-28.
Pillar and glass bedded.
Yo-Dave trigger kit tuned to 1.5lbs.
Bolt knob threaded and custom knob made.
Metal Cerakoted in Magpul FDE.
Bolt oxidized to turn black.(Couldn't stand the shiny bolt..)
Manners T4 painted to mimic Mcmillan swirl patterns.
DIP 25 MOA rail.
Weaver low tactical rings.
SWFA 12x.
Custom bipod rail I built, Atlas bipod.
Tac-Ops cheek pad modified to hold mags.(Need some more mags...)

120koxj.jpg

Shoots around .6ish at 50yds right now. I am still working on getting that back to the .2 groups it shot before the Cerakote. Thought I'd share..

Ben

Outstanding rifle Ben. Any idea why the Cerakote affected the accuracy? I am wanting to use a similar coating on a custom rifle and will avoid it if it is somehow detrimental to the precision of the gun.

Irish

If applied too think it will affect accuracy like what happened to this gun. I made several no nos right after the Cerakote was applied going to try and shoot it agian today and see how it'll group now!

Ben

New member, new rifle owner, long time fan of snipers/long distance shooting.

Here is my Marlin XT-22TR. 100 rounds through her so far. Haven't fired it with the scope or bipod yet but that will change this weekend.

Simmons 3x-9x scope
Harris knock off bipod

marlin.jpg

Hi, new to the forum so I thought I'd post a pic of my rimfires. Top to bottom: Stevens 87D, CZ-455 17HMR, Mossberg 151M. I've had the CZ for about 1 year & just put a YoDave kit on it. It's a tack driver. The other two are $80 pawn shop finds that had nice bores and pretty good stocks, but were a little rough otherwise. I've refinished the stocks & finished the metal with KG GunKote . Both are pretty good shooters.
20140218_225005_Richtone%u00252528HDR%u00252529.jpg

Irish:

My rifle still shoots sub 1moa 10 shot groups at 50m after 100K+ rounds through the barrel.

The Walther probably do the same. He pulled it out of the safe last year after shooting Annies for 10+ years. Round count on this rifle must be astronomical.

Torf

Last edited:
Some of my Rimfires

Ok, here are some of my rimfire rifles. Pretty dull compared to some of the fabulous toys some of you have posted, but they are mine and are paid for.

1.) Winchester Mod 52 pre-A speedlock 1932 vintage, with modern 6-24x 40mm Mil-Dot glass. I also have an old 6-24x bbl mounted BALvar telescope that fits it. It was butchered by a previous owner in the interest of making it shoot better. Helped accuracy but hurt the value. It will shoot sub MOA at 50yds. I have several groups in the 2's and 3's with it but it is not as consistent as the Remington. I shot it today in wind and printed a 50yd group of five all in one hole at about 0.250". It is hard to get three in a row like that though. Great trigger, smooth as butter action. Fine old rifle.

2.) Sav 17WSM with custom laminated thumbhole stock and 6-24x 40mm Mil-Dot glass. Nice long range rifle.

3.) Rem Model 540XR match tgt w/Sightron 36x tgt dot glass. Best 22 I own. Can shoot 248's in IR50/50.

4.) 2nd shot of the Remmy. Capable of 1/2MOA groups at 50yds with good Eley or Lapua ammo.

I have a few other antique ones but I never get them out, and I have a 17HMR but did not have a good pic to post today and it is nothing special anyway.

Irish

Attachments

• Win Mod 52 Pre-Ac.jpg
    Win Mod 52 Pre-Ac.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 17WSMc.jpg
    17WSMc.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Rem Mod 540XR 2c.jpg
    Rem Mod 540XR 2c.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Rem Mod 540XR match tgt c.jpg
    Rem Mod 540XR match tgt c.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 38

Magnum Research Bentz Action uses Ruger rotary magazines or anything a Ruger will use! Vey light rifle before the optik was installed!

Here´s my little RF that could. A Sako Quad HB in a alum. pillar bedded GRS stock. Ridiculously accurate rifle in both .22LR & .17 HMR.
Skit63_zps43843577.jpg

With the price and availability of 22lr being what it is,
I'm glad the 455 has barrel/caliber change-ability.
I'm having no problem finding 17 hmr at 22 cents a round.
Even off a bipod I can produce some tiny groups at 50 yards.

CZ 455 Varmint, Lilja 17 hmr, pillared, bedded, barrel bedded
CZ single set trigger, Mueller 8-32x44, Harris bipod

P3020012.JPG

The inside diameter of the heavy circle is 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• hornady-vmax.jpg
    hornady-vmax.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Following some of the "how-to" threads for the Airsoft AICS/CZ455 conversion, my friend and I, (much, MUCH more him than I) went to work on mine. We built on some lessons learned and combined some ideas, and for you guys that started these, I thank you.

A bedding block was machined to slide into the chassis to support the receiver/barrel, pillars were added, some minor fitting and this is the almost finished product. I need the DIP extended mag release to make the .22 mag changes a bit easier, coating the bare aluminum bedding block and that should do it.

I managed to score some real AICS skins that are much nicer than the fake ones that were on it, there were some minor fitting issues but those were easily overcome. I am very happy with the feel and looks, not sure if the fake FH will hinder any performance but I will find out this weekend.

Thanks again for this Mike....a few pints and wings are in order. :)

IMG_5299.jpg

Last edited:
Following some of the "how-to" threads for the Airsoft AICS/CZ455 conversion, my friend and I, (much, MUCH more him than I) went to work on mine. We built on some lessons learned and combined some ideas, and for you guys that started these, I thank you.

A bedding block was machined to slide into the chassis to support the receiver/barrel, pillars were added, some minor fitting and this is the almost finished product. I need the DIP extended mag release to make the .22 mag changes a bit easier, coating the bare aluminum bedding block and that should do it.

I managed to score some real AICS skins that are much nicer than the fake ones that were on it, there were some minor fitting issues but those were easily overcome. I am very happy with the feel and looks, not sure if the fake FH will hinder any performance but I will find out this weekend.

IMG_5299.jpg

Nice! Be sure to post some pics of your groupings!

Ben

Update on my Ballard. Well got it back from Steve and Keith at SPG Lube/Wyoming Armory last week. The guys did a great job on repairing the stock (it had two broken pieces out of the bottom by the pronged butt plate) they repaired it so well that unless I point it out to you where it was broke it would be hard to find and they matched the finish to boot! Steve recrowned the muzzle as the crown was damaged. I felt it needed a 1/2" taken off of it. He felt it wouldn't need that much but did see the damage I was talking about. He didn't want to shorten the barrel if he didn't have to. So he recrowned the muzzle and shot it from a Pope machine rest. Shot a bunch of different ammo and approx. 15-20 rounds to foul the clean barrel. Pictured is one of the targets. The Federal Ultra Match (UM1) shot the best consistently. The group pictured is .306" high by .244" wide. He backed it up with another group that measured .237" x .200". The groups were fired at 65 yards. They installed Ballard windgage adjustable front sight for me as well.

The gun was rebarreled by the Steven's factory around 1909. The barrel is marked Stevens-Pope. It's got a left hand twist, 8 grooves and is a gain twist. Enjoy the pics....

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

How Frick'n Awsome!!!!!

IMG_5299.jpg

I tell ya...there is a market for this. SOMEONE needs to come out with a AICS stock for rimfires..I have one under my Remmy 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it is by far the easiest gun to shoot outside of an AR. The Ergonomics of this chassis is superb, and blows away any large palm swell stock you can buy.

Here's my Anschutz 1416 DHB Beavertail whith matte black wrap.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 29
Won't go thru the whole spec. again but will post one picture here. If you want to check out the specs. and some build detail go to the win. 52 thread (any Winchester 52 people out there is the thread).

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Last edited:
10/22, kidd ulw barrel, primary arms 4-16, stock ruger trigger. 50yds, 5 rounds

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398727812595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398727812595.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398727786991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398727786991.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 25
4e5epasa.jpg

My 2nd fav rimfire...MP-15/22 Performance Center, Spectre II can, mounted with bushnell red dot and nd3 dillo illuminattor. It's the only ar I have that's tacticool, but very purposeful out here in south La. Converting my 10/22 takedown to an all cb cap only rifle via Volquartsen... It should be stupid silent.;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a before and after picture of my Hammerli M54. Got it for $400 off GB because: 1. Someone had hacked the hell out of the stock as was the fashion in the 60's and 70's and, 2. The Hammerli logo was covered by a scope block and the gun was listed as a generic .22 I laminated quite a bit of walnut onto what was left of the stock and glassed the action. I added an Anschutz adjustable cheek piece. The original Hammerli trigger from the 50's is a brilliant engineering and design feat...as good as any modern Anschutz trigger. This gun will shoot with any modern gun and is my primary prone rifle.

Before:

After

New better pic :D

Painted it and changed scope to Bushnell Elite 2,5-16x50.

Sako Quad 22LR HB
XLR Evolution with 14" HG
DIP boltknob

Rearbag homemade by me

Here's a few of mine...
Kimber SVT

Kimber 82G

Another 82G

And an old Remington Scoremaster

These all shoot really well.

Attachments

• 20140430_160316[1].jpg
    20140430_160316[1].jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140510_165724[1].jpg
    20140510_165724[1].jpg
    893.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140510_165805[1].jpg
    20140510_165805[1].jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140426_183040[2].jpg
    20140426_183040[2].jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140426_183448[1].jpg
    20140426_183448[1].jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
My tacticool CZ .22 analog to my .308 precision rifle:

CZ 453

The rest of the .22 family at my house:

L-to-R:
Remington 510 Target Master; Remington 514; Ruger All-Weather 77/22; CZ Scout

:cool:

Tanner of Switzerland, ca 1970's. Has a rare factory electronic trigger. The sear is dropped by a magnet and solenoid. Trigger weight can go to almost zero with positive sear contact

/SIZE][/FONT][/B]