• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Road cyclist, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Screenshot_20230613_143907_Facebook.png

When I'm driving a slow moving vehicle or running logs w my truck and am moving slow, which will totally inconvenience someone, I pull over after a few people are behind me or a single person behind me more than a few min.
Courtesy.
I don't care if someone wants to ride a bike, great, we have bike lanes on all of our new roads here. We can all use the roads together and safely.
The problem starts when someone or some people are being discourteous to others.
The packs of bikers that slow down traffic the way most are complaining about, deserve the criticism they are getting, violence excluded.
And the bikers who thinks there's nothing wrong w what they are doing are the ones promoting the violence

I’ll have you know I am neither a commie nor a leftist. Please don’t confuse us with that idiot who rides once in a blue moon, falls over and makes a General spectacle of our nation.

In every group there are ass holes. However, some of us cyclists are actually nice people who were born with an iq somewhat above a mentally retarded rock. Most of us are at least half human.

You had me right up to half-human.

Heaven forbid anyone trying to traverse this planet without paying taxes (income, excise, wheel, fuel, sales, registration fees, insurance, property) and burning fuel.
I hear this argument a lot. Do any of y'all think cyclists don't pay taxes on the cars, houses, gas, etc we own and/or buy outside our bikes? We didn't pay sales tax on those bikes?

Oh, BTW it takes 7000 trips on a bike to damage the road the same way ONE trip by car does.

So who isn't paying 'their fair share' again?

M

I hear this argument a lot. Do any of y'all think cyclists don't pay taxes on the cars, houses, gas, etc we own and/or buy outside our bikes? We didn't pay sales tax on those bikes?

Oh, BTW it takes 7000 trips on a bike to damage the road the same way ONE trip by car does.

So who isn't paying 'their fair share' again?

M
You make some good points, Mike, but everytime I hit the road, it says ouch (as well as a good bit of my skin). Fortunately for both me and the roads, I do time trials and don’t have many accidents. But they sure do hurt.

Reactions: lash
I’m willing to extend an olive branch to the roadies, actually. I get it. I like riding too, I just don’t have any time for any form of it because I have monstrous little kids. I’m sure the biker/driver conflict is the same as the chicken/egg question. There’s no way to tell which party was a cunt to the other first.

I’m sure we can all empathize a bit with the other side. Can we all just tone the cuntiness down by about 10% to start with?
The difference is that a cyclist is putting his life on the line where the cager may get a dented fender in the 'encounter.'

There's an irrational hatred here. Reminds me of TDS, actually. People see a cyclist and flip their lids for no apparent reason. ...as evidenced by this thread and the one 'over there.'

Someday one of y'all irrational bastages needs to point on the doll where the bad cyclist touched you.

M

HOLY crap! We are screwed as a society...look no further than this thread. Can we just get to the Madmax part already!

Will the madmax include spandex guys on bikes with horns?

• Haha
You make some good points, Mike, but everytime I hit the road, it says ouch (as well as a good bit of my skin). Fortunately for both me and the roads, I do time trials and don’t have many accidents. But they sure do hurt.
I've had my share of offs mtn biking, CX racing, gravel riding, riding and racing on the road, and even on the velodrome. It hurts to go down so I try and avoid it.

...but sometimes, crap happens

M

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I like to take my road bike out to the farm community to avoid cars. It's a plus if I can ride in front of some farmer in his combine. I love to keep him from getting to his next field. You think auto drivers get pissed being stuck behind a bicycle. Farmers are serious road ragers. I had one yelling about how many hours he works and I was delaying him even further.
Fuck, you can go faster than the farmers combine...........

The difference is that a cyclist is putting his life on the line where the cager may get a dented fender in the 'encounter.'

There's an irrational hatred here. Reminds me of TDS, actually. People see a cyclist and flip their lids for no apparent reason. ...as evidenced by this thread and the one 'over there.'

Someday one of y'all irrational bastages needs to point on the doll where the bad cyclist touched you.

M
I’ve only “flipped my lid” over the one example I described. I’m general, I’m ok with cyclists. It’s when they act like spoiled fucking brats that I get irritated, like in my exhibit A.

My problem with bike riders is this...........they want all the rights that motorized vehicles have on the road, but very few of them will obey the laws that cars and trucks are expected to follow...........

Last edited:
I used to be into road biking a bit. There was something rewarding about waking up at 6 am, putting on skin tight shorts, and holding up traffic for the next 4 hours.

But really…. Good hobby as long as you’re on some country roads and not in the city/ suburbs

My problem with bike riders is this...........they want all the rights that motorized vehicles have on the rode, but very few of them will obey the laws that cars and trucks are expected to follow...........
That’s a real problem that I try to impress on all cyclists. If you want to have the rights, you have to follow the rules. A stop sign means STOP!

And, it never hurts to be courteous when you don’t have too. Like giving the motorists the right a way when you actually have the right-a-way. Doing so keeps both the cyclist and the motorist safe. Or if just seems like the nice thing to do. I like motorists to like me.

It helps to be nice. On both sides. Golden rule thing. Always holds true.

Reactions: Modoc
My problem with bike riders is this...........they want all the rights that motorized vehicles have on the rode, but very few of them will obey the laws that cars and trucks are expected to follow...........
You mean you follow ALL the laws ALL the time? Don't speed? Don't run yellows? Always come to a complete stop at all stop signs? Always use turn signals?

Do yourself a favor next time you're driving. Look at how many people around you (and you!) are breaking laws every time they drive, then get back to me with what laws cyclists break that really affect you. Here. Let me help and help some more

Its easy to spot a cyclist breaking the law because we're 'other' but when a car breaks a law, it's almost invisible. ...but cars and cyclists break about the same number of laws.

Get back with me about what you find when you're actually paying attention to what's going on around you

M

I used to be into road biking a bit. There was something rewarding about waking up at 6 am, putting on skin tight shorts, and holding up traffic for the next 4 hours.

But really…. Good hobby as long as you’re on some country roads and not in the city/ suburbs
you'd think, but I carry because my neighbors out here in the country are just as much assholes as the anti-cyclists here

M

Reactions: Bri0242
As I recall, it was made for Lance Armstrong. As he had no balls, I guess you're right.
Now I stand corrected. I thought he only had one removed and therefore earned the nickname "Uno." Good thing I didn't speak up about that earlier.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’ll have you know I am neither a commie nor a leftist. Please don’t confuse us with that idiot who rides once in a blue moon, falls over and makes a General spectacle of our nation.

In every group there are ass holes. However, some of us cyclists are actually nice people who were born with an iq somewhat above a mentally retarded rock. Most of us are at least half human.
Which half?

You mean you follow ALL the laws ALL the time? Don't speed? Don't run yellows? Always come to a complete stop at all stop signs? Always use turn signals?

Do yourself a favor next time you're driving. Look at how many people around you (and you!) are breaking laws every time they drive, then get back to me with what laws cyclists break that really affect you. Here. Let me help and help some more

Its easy to spot a cyclist breaking the law because we're 'other' but when a car breaks a law, it's almost invisible. ...but cars and cyclists break about the same number of laws.

Get back with me about what you find when you're actually paying attention to what's going on around you

M
You keep saying ‘anti-cyclists’ like ‘nazis’ or ‘white supremicists’ in order to play the victim. You sound as woke as the freaking rainbow warriors. Then you justify the laws you break by indicating that ‘everybody does it’. Have you taken a second to listen to yourself?

It sounds like ranting, and someone who thinks the whole world is against him. You might want to see a therapist about that. 😉

I know you somehow think that I’m ‘the enemy’, but I could give a fuck about your entitled cyclist ranting a other than the fact that you are obviously wound so tight that you can’t tell that most of us are so over your self-righteous shit that we’re just fucking with you.

I never even posted or cared about your cyclist rights. I did post to try and hint to you that you’re out of control and a laughingstock. But I guess that you missed that.

Carry on with your high and mighty superior stance. I’m guessing that you’re an officer, correct?

1686703913248.jpeg

It's hilarious seeing the homos wearing spandex riding super lightweight expensive bikes for "fitness". If your fatass wants to ride for fitness, you should mount a basket full of bricks, pull a parachute, drag your brake calipers, and wear a plate carrier with steel. Everybody knows you really started riding so you can dress up like a gay power ranger.

they should be crushed and run over. a bunch of arrogant,self centered liberal elitists who "love the planet" and try to confound and interfere with normal traffic patterns. and of course,we have to build them and allow their own lanes which they completely ignore.
and who pays for their privileged routes? those are done with gas taxes paid by the users of evil petro chemicals.
It would be too bad if you had an accident on the way home tomorrow... You sound like a complete Karen

It's hilarious seeing the homos wearing spandex riding super lightweight expensive bikes for "fitness". If your fatass wants to ride for fitness, you should mount a basket full of bricks, pull a parachute, drag your brake calipers, and wear a plate carrier with steel. Everybody knows you really started riding so you can dress up like a gay power ranger.
Or get a job as a mason's assistant. That is some hard work.

Reactions: lash and atomic41
Like I mentioned in a post on another thread there are enough assholes on all sides to go around. Been an avid cyclist for over 30 years and raced for a number of them. There are cyclists I refuse to ride with because they are just fucking dangerous and noticed not only are they dangerous to ride with they are just as bad driving. Had run ins with drivers who were just having a bad day and wanted to take it out on someone. On a group ride one morning on a back road a pickup coming in the opposite direction threw a full can of Red Bull at us. Luckily it landed in the middle of the group and exploded not hitting anyone. If that would have hit someone it would have killed them. That asshole probably thought it was funny but could have ended tragically for all parties.

I fill my water bottles with cement when wanting add a little weight. Kind of like the idea about the bricks et al. Thanks for the suggestion

I used to ride about 150-200 miles a week for exercise back in the day. I had a road bike and a mountain bike and alternated between them depending on the level of misery I needed. Road bike fags are just that, spandex faggots who ride like assholes blocking traffic and sneering at their fellow riders because they are basically sitting in a puddle of shit scented Vaseline and trying to think of new ways to be miserable cunts to everyone they meet.

I hate to say it but 90% of them deserve to get hit by a car. They ride like assholes, block traffic, hog lanes and are not defensive, they will ride out in traffic to prove they have the right of way or some such shit.

On the other hand, 90% of people driving cars or trucks are assholes as well. I've had mower handles miss my head by inches, I had a woman run a red light to try and hit me, people throw trash and bottles and drunks will just fucking mow you down. I ride armed when I am on a bike. I was 20 miles out in the country when a drunk old geezer tried to mow me down, I flipped him off. He stopped, grabbed an axe handle and met my pistol face to face. His excuse for trying to run me down was that he hated people on bikes. I put his truck in gear and let it roll in the ditch, then tossed his keys into a field and left his ass out in the sticks with no phone.

All that drama was because assholes from the local bike club ride the country roads like assholes, taking up the entire fucking road from side to side and refusing to even stay in the correct lane. Everyone who lives out there puts up with their shit all summer. After one of the bike club cunts got mowed down and killed the sheriff finally did something and started ticketing the bike assholes.

They called the TV news and bitched they have rights. The sheriff agreed, they have rights and they also have laws about blocking traffic and riding into oncoming traffic and refusing to yield the right of way to stop at marked intersections.

It's now summer and yeah the spandex assholes are back, usually riding down the fucking centerline of the road pretending they are in the Tour De Fags or some such shit. I rode respectfully so people could pass with ease and leave me in peace and it does no fucking good because the bike club assholes have made everybody so fucking mad they see red when they see anyone over 10 years old on a bike.

So fuck your peddly pussy and get the fuck towards the edge of the lane already, stop being a cunt for once in your miserable life.

Now I stand corrected. I thought he only had one removed and therefore earned the nickname "Uno." Good thing I didn't speak up about that earlier.

Well, it was a joke, but as you are obviously closely acquainted with his balls, I will defer to your superior knowledge.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws