• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Road cyclist, the good, the bad and the ugly!

3FF0EA80-30F0-43C3-9D7A-A1B237938B39.gif
5C1B3A1D-B06B-4FF6-8B2E-476FEFB79B6B.gif

Back in 2005 they scheduled a road race thru our neighborhood, didn't ask any of the residents. They came out a couple of days before the race and painted arrows on the roadway. First year they had traffic all fucked up for half the day because they ran it in heats, 15 minute intervals.

Following year, same scenario, except I helped them out. I got up early and used acetone to remove the arrows on my street and entrance and rerouted the race the long way around the neighborhood and into the new phase where no one lived. The problem was that the exit wasn't complete, it was two cut curbs and 2" diameter rock in between the cut curbs.

I called the neighbors and we road my Yamaha Rhino down and watched the festivities. Those guys were pissed, especially when they had to stop and carry their bikes across the rocks.

Next year, they avoided our neighborhood.

Back in 2005 they scheduled a road race thru our neighborhood, didn't ask any of the residents. They came out a couple of days before the race and painted arrows on the roadway. First year they had traffic all fucked up for half the day because they ran it in heats, 15 minute intervals.

Following year, same scenario, except I helped them out. I got up early and used acetone to remove the arrows on my street and entrance and rerouted the race the long way around the neighborhood and into the new phase where no one lived. The problem was that the exit wasn't complete, it was two cut curbs and 2" diameter rock in between the cut curbs.

I called the neighbors and we road my Yamaha Rhino down and watched the festivities. Those guys were pissed, especially when they had to stop and carry their bikes across the rocks.

See?! Now that is proper neighborhood activism, done right.

you sir are a hero lol vid would have been great

If anyone is interested there is going to be the annual "Hotter 'N Hell 100" at Wichita Falls, TX on August 24-27.

If anyone is interested there is going to be the annual "Hotter 'N Hell 100" at Wichita Falls, TX on August 24-27.

I do the hotter than hell 300 every day at work, 300 yards on foot, f' a hundred miles of my hemorrhoids squawking at me.

Who the fuck am I kidding, I'd do good to make it a mile 🤣

I have been wanting to mtb, but I have so many trees down and a list the was longer then it should be before the tree were up routed. I probably wont get a ride in the rest of the summer.

IME its only hot if you have to stop.

That's when its hot

M
It's amazing how quickly you start sweating profusely when you stop. I just loaded a 30 / 30 workout to Garmin and I'm headed out to piss some drivers off... Haha

Could the ones that dislike cyclists on the roads suffer from a latent deep-seated juvenile psychosis brought on by the childhood trauma of watching Margaret Hamilton ride a bicycle in the “Wizard of Oz?”

Was it the fear of losing Toto? Could it be the fear of the tornado-bicycle-broom-witch dream sequence.

Is it the munchkins that trigger an inferiority complex, self esteem deficits and doubts of masculinity of a Freudian dynamic that manifests itself by raging at road cyclists?

In the past the metric to determine if the patient was overcome with gender identity was to ask them a simple question; “9mm or 45ACP?”

If the answer was the former it was a sure bet they used the short urinals or sat down.

But I digress.This might be a good topic for giving life to a dead thread. By way of illustration I present, for your elucidation, a short clip from the cinematic classic in question.

If you feel any strong emotions and intense rage while watching the video, please stop and seek professional help.

Last edited:
It's amazing how quickly you start sweating profusely when you stop. I just loaded a 30 / 30 workout to Garmin and I'm headed out to piss some drivers off... Haha
Doubt it. You are far too considerate of a person to piss people off.

Reactions: jbell
Could the ones that dislike cyclists on the roads suffer from a latent deep-seated juvenile psychosis brought on by the childhood trauma of watching Margaret Hamilton ride a bicycle in the “Wizard of Oz?”

Was it the fear of losing Toto? Could it be the fear of the tornado-bicycle-broom-witch dream sequence.

Is it the munchkins that trigger an inferiority complex, self esteem deficits and doubts of masculinity of a Freudian dynamic that manifests itself by raging at road cyclists?

In the past the metric to determine if the patient was overcome with gender identity was to ask them a simple question; “9mm or 45ACP?”

If the answer was the former it was a sure bet they used the short urinals or sat down.

But I digress.This might be a good topic for giving life to a dead thread. By way of illustration I present, for your elucidation, a short clip from the cinematic classic in question.

If you feel any strong emotions and intense rage while watching the video, please stop and seek professional help.

Lol, nope

1688100056205.gif