• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock solid chassis!!!!!!

Alright, I need your guys' help.

Can anyone get a hold of him reliably? As in, if you call him he either picks up or calls you back? Responds to your emails? You live in Garland, Tx, and can go see him?

I decided that enough was enough last week, and sent him an email on Thursday requesting a refund or a tracking number. I am unsurprised that he hasn't gotten back to me yet, as it's been over a two months since he's communicated with me in any way, but I'm starting to become worried that he's fallen and can't get up or something, because I can't think of any reasonable reason why he would fail to respond to anything.

If someone can get him on the phone or see him in person, please tell him to contact me. I'm probably the only Canadian he's ever worked with on selling a stock.

I'll let you guys know if I hear from him, but at this point, I paid for the stock 10 October, and we're now at 11 March with it still being a no-show and him being incommunicado.

Thanks, guys.

Bradley

I cant get him to respond to email or Facebook. I don't bother calling after seeing on here he doesn't respond that way either. I don't have time to chase someone down to order their product. He said in last email calling or texting is the best way but not from what I see. I do understand he has another job and may be busy with that. I am waiting to see if his customer service picks up and his turn around time on orders. Plus I want the folder version. Good luck man keep us posted on if you hear anything. Hope if he has fallen he gets back up soon!!

Guys - an update to my earlier post.

I just got a text message from James, Todd's mystery employee, giving me a tracking number and a new phone number to resolve any future issues. He also offered a full refund if the stock doesn't arrive or complete it's journey for whatever reason. The number's not posted on the website, so I am hesitant to post it on an open forum - PM me if you would like it.

I will post any new information or developments as I receive them. As of right now, I'm satisfied that this will come to a happy conclusion.

Thanks,

Bradley

Guys - an update to my earlier post.

I just got a text message from James, Todd's mystery employee, giving me a tracking number and a new phone number to resolve any future issues. He also offered a full refund if the stock doesn't arrive or complete it's journey for whatever reason. The number's not posted on the website, so I am hesitant to post it on an open forum - PM me if you would like it.

I will post any new information or developments as I receive them. As of right now, I'm satisfied that this will come to a happy conclusion.

Thanks,

Bradley

I'm not from Garland but have been there on multiple occasions and am familiar with the town. I'd be more than willing to stop by. Unfortunately I only received a brief text from him this morning with no follow up at the original posted number.

PM'd.

Right on the tip. Todd was pretty shocked when I told him. He's calling FedEx.

I never had a problem getting a hold of him. I emailed him, he replied saying to call him and gave me his number, then I called and we talked and I got my Chassis 4 days later.

Still waiting to hear back. I tried calling but couldnt get through for some reason. I wanted to see if there was a more firm date on the folding option its been a few weeks with no reply. Anyone know?

I talked to him a few days ago, he was having to test the design before it would be avail BUT the way he made it, a current fixed stock would have the ability to be retrofitted.

I have been very unimpressed with this company. He held my check for over three weeks, finally cashed it and yet I still have no stock. It has been a solid month since sending the check. I have sent at least SIX emails asking a status of when I will see a stock from him....ZERO response at all. Funny how someone can walk into his new store and get the exact stock I ordered same day as seen on his facebook page and I can't get mine in a month!!! I will be filing a better business complaint, I have never been treated so poorly by a small business owner in my life! I have texted, emailed and got nothing.....I am almost to the point of asking for my money back and just sending my rifle to George Gardner at GA Precision to be done.

I have been very unimpressed with this company. He held my check for over three weeks, finally cashed it and yet I still have no stock. It has been a solid month since sending the check. I have sent at least SIX emails asking a status of when I will see a stock from him....ZERO response at all. Funny how someone can walk into his new store and get the exact stock I ordered same day as seen on his facebook page and I can't get mine in a month!!! I will be filing a better business complaint, I have never been treated so poorly by a small business owner in my life! I have texted, emailed and got nothing.....I am almost to the point of asking for my money back and just sending my rifle to George Gardner at GA Precision to be done.

Did you get your stock? I too have tried to reach him with no success. My last email and FB message was weeks ago. I havent ordered and am waiting to til the folder is ready for release. I cant get a date or anything on where he's at with it. Im tired of trying to chase down a response. Anyone heard anything other than hes working on it?

Did you get your stock? I too have tried to reach him with no success. My last email and FB message was weeks ago. I havent ordered and am waiting to til the folder is ready for release. I cant get a date or anything on where he's at with it. Im tired of trying to chase down a response. Anyone heard anything other than hes working on it?

I too was having no luck with emails. I got a phone number from a member of the hide a was able to get in touch with James, his other employee. I would get almost immediate responses to text massages and he would pick up the phone when I called. Pm me if you want the phone number. He gave me a tracking number, my stock will be here Friday. I'll post some pics when I get her all together.

I still have gotten zero information concerning my stock shipping. I spoke with Todd last Friday and said there was some issue with my stock being done.....yet someone walked out of his new store with the exact stock I ordered. My money has been tied up for well over a month, zero response back from email, or facebook posts. This is getting out of hand....the level of customer service is horrible. I should've just ordered something from another builder. I will be filing a BBB complaint next week if I do not get a response, you don't take money from someone with the promise of a product and never deliver it, handing the product to someone else and posting a pic on facebook showing it.

Intel, I suggest you send a message or a call to James - his number is 214 680 3844. He got my stock order straightened out, and is Todd's business associate. Don't give up until you get a hold of him - I was similarly frustrated, but James resolved my issues very quickly.

Bradley

It finally showed up! My left hand .308, still waiting on my tbac 30p. Crappy phone pic, I'll get some better ones up soon.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I contacted Todd the last week in February and got my stock about 1.5 weeks later. I forgot to mention I am local too and was able to pick it up directly from his shop. When I talked to him they just barely moved in to the shop and getting things up and running again. I have the Remington 700 with the new x mark trigger and it doesn't work with the rock solid stock. I called Todd and asked him about it. He said that it will need to be milled out a bit to fit the trigger. But he doesn't like doing that because it will make a bigger void for debris to get in to. Instead he gave me another trigger that work free of charge . Now that is customer service . Would I buy another stock from him? Yes!

Here are some pics on how it sits now. Only been to the range once since I got it.

20140322_182712_zpskntsfhp2.jpg
20140406_145704_zpsgx6er1vr.jpg

Anyone heard from Todd about the folder? I have not been successful in getting any updates for over a month.

I bought a used rock solid on here and have been trying to get help from them on replacing the recoil pad but have not gotten good advice so far. Who do I call?

No longer a product

I don't think this chassis is a product any longer. I've been trying to get a replacement cheek piece for 7 MONTHS now. Mine cracked along the T-slot edges and is currently held together with speed tape. At first I could get a returned call or email, and at one point I was told that a free replacement was "in the mail," but now I can't get any response at all. I've offered to purchase one, tried being patient, tried nagging him, etc. My suggestion to potential customers would be to look elsewhere...

Well if anyone needs one let me know. I bought a spare chassis and im just not using it. PM me if your interested

I don't think this chassis is a product any longer. I've been trying to get a replacement cheek piece for 7 MONTHS now. Mine cracked along the T-slot edges and is currently held together with speed tape. At first I could get a returned call or email, and at one point I was told that a free replacement was "in the mail," but now I can't get any response at all. I've offered to purchase one, tried being patient, tried nagging him, etc. My suggestion to potential customers would be to look elsewhere...

I bought one, from Todd, 2 months ago, fairly certain he's still in business. You people need to realize this isnt his only source of income, not even his primary source.

I am aware that he has other things to do and that this is not his primary means of income. I too have better things to do than wait for him to deliver.

However, despite the component shortages and high demand for parts, everyone else in the shooting industry has managed to make all the components necessary to allow me to assemble two complete rifles (one sans RS cheek piece :p ) in the time it's taken Todd to mail me a 4 oz, moulded bit of plastic. 7 months would have been fine, if I was not already told it was "shipped," which it has not been. When I last got a hold of him, 3 months ago, he, again, said he'd ship it out. I forwarded a mailing address again and I've gotten squat since.

My patients is expired.

Potential customers? Buyer beware.

I am aware that he has other things to do and that this is not his primary means of income. I too have better things to do than wait for him to deliver.

However, despite the component shortages and high demand for parts, everyone else in the shooting industry has managed to make all the components necessary to allow me to assemble two complete rifles (one sans RS cheek piece :p ) in the time it's taken Todd to mail me a 4 oz, moulded bit of plastic. 7 months would have been fine, if I was not already told it was "shipped," which it has not been. When I last got a hold of him, 3 months ago, he, again, said he'd ship it out. I forwarded a mailing address again and I've gotten squat since.

My patients is expired.

Potential customers? Buyer beware.

I understand your frustrations, but saying he went out of business is a bit far. It was hard for me to get a hold of him, but I did. He still makes them and still sales them. By no means, out of business.

I understand your frustrations, but saying he went out of business is a bit far. It was hard for me to get a hold of him, but I did. He still makes them and still sales them. By no means, out of business.

According to my last correspondence with Todd he's still in business just running behind. I'm waiting to order until he's caught up.

Anyone received a stock in the past month or so? I've not heard or been able to contact Todd in about 2 months. last we spoke he had some problems with his cnc. I'm hoping to have my stock for rat season but it isn't looking good.

I was going to get a Rock Solid but went with McRees instead. I'm happy with my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to get a Rock Solid but went with McRees instead. I'm happy with my decision.

I too have a McRees stock on a Remington 700 and love it. I saw the Rock Solid and liked it. I did talk to Scott at McRees and he is looking into making the stock for the Sig. He said it will be a little while as he is moving the company to Mississippi. And when he is ready we will get together. This will be my 3ed stock from him. I also had one for a FN PBR.

I too have a McRees stock on a Remington 700 and love it. I saw the Rock Solid and liked it. I did talk to Scott at McRees and he is looking into making the stock for the Sig. He said it will be a little while as he is moving the company to Mississippi. And when he is ready we will get together. This will be my 3ed stock from him. I also had one for a FN PBR.

has anyone gotten any updates? He's never responded to my last email.

I got one used recently. It did not come with action screws. Do I use the ones off my factory stock or do I need to get replacements from Rock Solid?

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to get replacements from RS. It is easy enough to make replacements and it would be much faster then trying to get some.

I've been trying to contact Rock Solid for months now, with no success.

I got one used recently. It did not come with action screws. Do I use the ones off my factory stock or do I need to get replacements from Rock Solid?

Just got rid of mine, but you can't use factory Remington screws. Both action screws will be the same length and you'll probably have to cut/fit them yourself.

Baker Socket Head Cap Screw 1/4-28 x 1-1/2 Steel Blue Package of 10

These are the thread size and screw style you'll need but I'm not 100% if they'll be long enough for you. And your torque specs are going to 65in/lbs.

Thank you!

I don't suppose anyone has the measurements at hand so I can buy the right length screws?

Just got rid of mine, but you can't use factory Remington screws. Both action screws will be the same length and you'll probably have to cut/fit them yourself.

Baker Socket Head Cap Screw 1/4-28 x 1-1/2 Steel Blue Package of 10

These are the thread size and screw style you'll need but I'm not 100% if they'll be long enough for you. And your torque specs are going to 65in/lbs.

I am interested in purchasing another rock solid. How do I order one? Just email the email on the site?