• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rock solid chassis!!!!!!

I've received my stock and it's a fine piece of kit. However, it wasn't completely in the way I ordered it and my new smith - Patriot Valley Arms - will need to complete it to the specs I'd asked of Todd originally some time back. Here's the deal and I feel what I'm going to say is honest without any emotion or 'axe to grind'.

Todd is an honest guy who wants to make his customer happy. Rock Solid is a side business, born out of his hobby and so when you communicate with, pay for and receive product, you should recognize that if you're 100% happy with the whole thing then it's more luck than design. He has other things, higher on the list, than your order. If you're ok with that, then you'll be OK. The stock is really nice, I"m now curious to see how other chassis stack up and will probably buy a KRG next as a means of comparision.

All I can say is, given other things I've had to wait for and the number of times I was told 'it's on the way' the wait for Rock Solid wasn't so bad and unlike the other things, I was glad I waited. Once the Big Horn Arms barreled action is dropped in, I'll give a more complete report. It'll be my first rifle from Patriot Valley Arms, my first barrel from Hawk Hill Custom, and my first bolt action in .223 so with the exception of the Big Horn action - it'll be a whole new set of components to try out.... :)

Sounds great, And I agree about the chassis. I will probably get another for my next build. I will probably try to pick one up used when I can and avoid the hassle all together, but honestly I think this is one of the top competition chassis systems made.

Does anyone know how to reach these guys? I'm not getting any response to emails...

I had received responses up until my last 2 emails. I guess they are busy... hopefully I hear back soon.

Does anyone know if the Tikka version will be released ? I was in communication with Todd 6 six ago asking this, this should be released in the following weeks... and sent some emails to have news but haven't received any answer... Now I prefer to ask here rather busying him, as it seems that some Hide's shooters are close to him.

I really wanted to put out a good YouTube review of the stock.... But I don't feel right putting up a review of a product and giving it a go ahead when the CS isn't doing what needs to be done.

I heard back this morning regarding my questions. It did take him a few days to respond but I am sure he is busy. If you have a video please post I have been researching and trying to decide what I want to do. Ive read positives and negatives about his customer service, as with any company I am sure there are times when CS lacks and doesn't always meet everyones expectations.

I can say the CS has sucked for the last two months for me! Prior to that it was OK, no product but at least I was getting a response. Getting very frustrated now.

Ordered at the end of last Oct, was given a lead time of 3 weeks. I've been pretty patient but here we are 17 weeks later and still no stock.

Dec 5th I reached out to Todd and was told that the stock was colored incorrectly. Said it should be done in a few days.

Fast forward to Jan 6th and got the exact same comment, colored wrong but "it's at the shop and they are stripping it now to recolor".

Started reaching out again in late Jan as I now have a barreled action and no stock. Called, left VMs, emailed a few times, texted, even left a message on FB with zero communication.

I understand its a side business but come on. I want the stock as I've shot one before with a friend, LOVED it, but this is ridiculous.

FWIW: About 10min after I posted this, I got a reply saying that he will have the stocks back to him by Friday.

I heard back this morning regarding my questions. It did take him a few days to respond but I am sure he is busy. If you have a video please post I have been researching and trying to decide what I want to do. Ive read positives and negatives about his customer service, as with any company I am sure there are times when CS lacks and doesn't always meet everyones expectations.

I'll probably have the video out by the end of the week and ill post it up. I'll let you know. I'll just have to mention the way the business is going and just be truthful. Nothing bad but I'll have to just say it's taking awhile to get in contact and all of that.

I think I would call Scott Mcree, I am sure he could fix your prolem and give you better CS.

I can say the CS has sucked for the last two months for me! Prior to that it was OK, no product but at least I was getting a response. Getting very frustrated now.

Ordered at the end of last Oct, was given a lead time of 3 weeks. I've been pretty patient but here we are 17 weeks later and still no stock.

Dec 5th I reached out to Todd and was told that the stock was colored incorrectly. Said it should be done in a few days.

Fast forward to Jan 6th and got the exact same comment, colored wrong but "it's at the shop and they are stripping it now to recolor".

Started reaching out again in late Jan as I now have a barreled action and no stock. Called, left VMs, emailed a few times, texted, even left a message on FB with zero communication.

I understand its a side business but come on. I want the stock as I've shot one before with a friend, LOVED it, but this is ridiculous.

I am also extremely interested in this. It would be amazing to fit my 26" barrel in a much smaller case.

This was the picture posted on their FB page. It would be nice if this can be retrofitted on the current stock.

1897010_531147430334534_959369743_n.jpg

I'll probably have the video out by the end of the week and ill post it up. I'll let you know. I'll just have to mention the way the business is going and just be truthful. Nothing bad but I'll have to just say it's taking awhile to get in contact and all of that.

I have read alot about lack of CS lately (well going back awhile actually). I decided to reach out after a referral. I can say at first he responded quickly to my questions. Then it took a few days, then I had more questions and now I wait again. From reading on here and other forums it appears he has a lot of business and interest in his product. I do think everyone should share their experiences good and bad so others can make an informed decision. I can say he has been very informative when responding to me although it takes time. CS plays a important roll in my opinion but I know every company suffers in that department from time to time.

Hey quick favor. I bought a rock solid used. Could anyone with a rock solid stock tell me what hardware is needed to mount the barreled action? I need to go buy it but haven't heard back from Todd

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hey quick favor. I bought a rock solid used. Could anyone with a rock solid stock tell me what hardware is needed to mount the barreled action? I need to go buy it but haven't heard back from Todd

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I do not understand the question entirely but the only thing you have to have aside from your barreled action are action screws. That's it, torqued to 65in pounds front and rear and your good to go.

i believe that there is a screw and a washer that is unique from the one that came with my stock remington. Or do you simply use the factory screws to attach the barreled action

i believe that there is a screw and a washer that is unique from the one that came with my stock remington. Or do you simply use the factory screws to attach the barreled action

Todd supplied me with the action screws. I don't think the factory screws are the correct lengths, and nope no washers or anything just screws.

I didnt get a response from todd exactly about hardware utilized yet but i was impatient. It turns out that the screw is 1/4 28 that need to be slightly longer than 1 inch. I used 1 1/4 and then drilled out #10 washers from homedepot to quarter inch and used them as spacer to get the appropriate depth. I'm sure todd will contact me and ill get the exact screws, but in the mean time, I have my workaround.

Still waiting for my reply from Todd. I sent email and facebook message. Does anyone know normal turn around on responses? Just curious....

Still waiting for my reply from Todd. I sent email and facebook message. Does anyone know normal turn around on responses? Just curious....

Anywhere from right away to no response at all. I've experienced both.

Per his last email, the stocks should have gotten back to him today so hopefully it will ship soon.

I haven't gotten a response yet on the folding mechanism. Honestly, it is kind of disheartening. He has such an AMAZING product here which I'm sure he put hours of effort into designing, and it has such a great resume for a competition chassis at a very reasonable price point. I'm sure he has a full time job and doesn't need a huge business out of these stocks, but in my opinion, he could have a much larger and more profitable business with better customer service, more advertising etc. Again this is my opinion, but he could have a huge company like manners/krg/etc. with the right people helping him, and a few more stock options like models and maybe even different designs at different price points. I wish him nothing but the best, but it would suck to see people turn away from this chassis souly because of bad communication, because this chassis is an excellent option for a lot of people.

From what he has told me he started this business 6 years ago. I must say he has a sweet looking product to show for his efforts. I hope for him the customer service picks up because I agree it would be sad if he lost business due to lack if communication. Customer service is key to a successful business no matter how good a product you have in my opinion. I will say when he has responded he has been very helpful other than not answering on the folder option time frame, although response time is slow.

Is their website down or is it just me? I cant find any information on these...

Looks more like they let the godaddy subscription expire. Just need to renew it to continue service.

Website is back up but you cant order from there. Is there a distributor of these stock where you can get it faster rather than bothering him with emails etc? I can't find any on line.

When I ordered back in Oct, calling him was the only way to order.

Good luck guys. While I love this stock and would love to have another the piss poor customer service will keep me from buying another. I will say that when my stock finally showed up and it was messed up he took care of it quickly and the replacement stock was good to go and is a GREAT shooter.

I will though go another direction for my next chassis.

I've been patient waiting for a response on the folder option time frame. I may have to go another route as well. I dont want to buy one then one month later what I really want is released.

Better hire som one to answer emails, phones, and ship packages. Would be a shame for customers to turn their back on his product. Just need to staff both businesses correctly to keep those beautiful stocks moving.

I inquired about black stock availability thought he had one but didn't get back to me on a yes or no that he had it. I would love to have this job!

I heard back but all that was said is the knuckle should be done shortly so I guess there's no real time frame at this point.

Well I haven't heard back yet, and whether or not I could do it locally is also up in the air.

I had to email again the same email I sent previously. He apologized for not responding but he overlooked the email by mistake. Still didnt get a exact answer. Im hesitant to order anything due to delay in response to questions. Does he have inventory on hand or are they made to order? He said calling or texting is the best way to reach him but if hes that busy taking phone calls would seem to take more time out of his schedule if everyone called. Seems you have to chase him down.

I had to email again the same email I sent previously. He apologized for not responding but he overlooked the email by mistake. Still didnt get a exact answer. Im hesitant to order anything due to delay in response to questions. Does he have inventory on hand or are they made to order? He said calling or texting is the best way to reach him but if hes that busy taking phone calls would seem to take more time out of his schedule if everyone called. Seems you have to chase him down.

I texted him a week ago or so, and haven't gotten a text back. Sometimes he has the main colors in stock, not all of the time, but sometimes. I've never heard of him having any of the nonstandard colors in stock though.

I've been having a hell of a time getting a hold of him recently - texts, emails, and phone messages go unanswered. My confidence in him isn't yet shaken, because he does always seem to reply just as I'm reaching my point of exasperation, but I haven't seen my stock yet, and I paid in October of last year. Understandably, we had some extra hoops to jump through in dealing with an exporter, but what I'm looking for is a tracking number. Until I have a tracking number, I doubt that it's actually in the mail.

Can't wait to get the stock, though. I'm going to try to reach out on Facebook and see if I get a response in the meantime, though.

I'm not sure he checks facebook at least none of my messages have been responded to on there and don't show even read. But give it a shot may be you will have better luck. October to now is a long time to wait in my opinion.

Savage 10p-sr 5r rifling 20" barrel MDT-LSS chassis leupold mk4 magpul maid grip and moe stock

eny3e2ym.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a text out of the blue from him today saying he got my stock back in from the colorer and he would get it shipped out tonight.

Have you guys got an alternate contact number for Todd? I feel like I'm spinning my wheels a bit trying to phone or text him. I haven't received a call or text for a little over a month. Does anyone have a number other than 214 215 2344?

I should mention that I've called him probably twenty five times over the last three months and have probably taked to him twice on the phone. When I actually get my stock I'll be happy to post some statistics about actual communication...

Thanks,

Bradley

Last edited:
He only gave me that number but I never called it.after reading the response time wasn't faster. Try email or facebook but no guarantee he will respond faster.

I got a tracking number!!

Also about the folder, it is in the works. He has a design but has to go beat the hell out of it to make sure it doesn't break. The current stocks can be retro fitted to accept the folder knuckle with a small bit of DIY. No ETA yet on it though, per Todd.

I am floored with the beauty of this stock.

Last edited: