• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rotary Tumbler w/ Stainless Media?

atlsniper6.5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Marietta, GA
Howdy Gents,

I picked up one of the ultrasonic cleaners from Harbor Freight a while back and I'm fairly unimpressed. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the rotary tumblers that use the stainless steel media. I've been looking at some of the packages listed here: Package Kits - Products. They seem pretty reasonable if they clean the way that they advertise. Please give me your feedback.

That's what I use. Been using it since they put them out. Best brass cleaning system out there. Get a Lee .6cc dipper for the Lemishine.

I learned about stainless steel media in a wet tumbler here on SH in Feb 2010 when some guys were selling the 5 pound bags of media.

What an improvement!
I am done with the corn cob, walnut, and ultrasonic cleaning of cases.

I have the STM rebel 17 setup. It's amazing!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395210083.413025.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395210104.402918.jpg

You might be able to find a tumbler cheaper from a Rock Shop (Rockhound supplies) than from the people that sell the media. I've been tumbling brass for 30 years with the same tumbler I got from the local Jewelry supply house. Before the SS media I used Lemon juice, 409 and water.

If you deprime first, the SS media will even clean the primer pockets. The media I have gets stuck in the flashholes. There is a new size that advertises that it doesn't stick.

Last edited:
I got the Stainless Steel Deluxe Reloading Kit a month ago and It's great. My experience is pretty nil but I know it is a big difference from the before and after results. Defiantly a good buy!

I use 1 tbsp concentrated dish soap. 1/4 tsp lemi shine. Tumble for a couple hours. Rinse. Dry. Works great!

Yeah the Lemon shine comes with the deluxe kit and with only using a 1/4 tsp per load I think it's going to last forever. Dawn Dish Soap is what I already use in the house. I haven't had any problems with the Steel rusting or anything but then again i'm just as cautious as I am with the brass and carefully pouring them on a bath towel to dry make sure you use dark colored towels same thing with my brass. Then I leave it in the bathroom with the fan on to keep the air flow moving and drying everything. atlsniper us hear back from you when you get it and test it out. Like to see how you like it.

I got a cheap harbor freight double drum rotary tumbler with 2.5lbs of stainless media and the best investment so far. I bought it just to see if I like using the stainless media and when it broke buy a nice big drum setup but it hasnt broke yet and it works great. Check them out at harbor freight. All in including media cost aroud 55 to 60 bucks and came with lemi shine lol.

How does the Rebel 17 compare to the Thumblers Model B? I have had several people suggest I get the model B because that is what they have had for years but I like the fact that the Rebel 17 is powder coated on the inside to help prevent rust.

Update: I got the Rebel 17 set up. This is the cleanest brass I have ever seen in my entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the Rebel 17 compare to the Thumblers Model B? I have had several people suggest I get the model B because that is what they have had for years but I like the fact that the Rebel 17 is powder coated on the inside to help prevent rust.

I believe the Rebel 17 has more capacity. The inside is actually thick rubber so it is extremely quiet.

Update: I got the Rebel 17 set up. This is the cleanestbrass I have ever seen in my entire life.

Yaa .... and the water I pour out of mine is the nastiest water I have ever seen !

I also have the STM Extreme Rebel 17 setup.
Other than them shipping me mine with a careless, shitty packing job with SS media everywhere that took forever to pick up ..... it is great! :eek:

I also have the STM Extreme Rebel 17 setup.
Other than them shipping me mine with a careless, shitty packing job with SS media everywhere that took forever to pick up ..... it is great! :eek:

I'll second that... Thing is built well. Granted i've only got maybe 24 hours on the motor, but i've yet to have to "assist" it to get started, and it churns along pretty quietly considering. I'd definitely buy again.