• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRA Black rifle

wettjp04

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2006
Wisconsin
So I just put money down on a RRA Elite CAR A4 and the guy told me that back in November RRA stopped announcing any wait times on their rifles. At that time it was 16 weeks, has anyone recently received one and could tell me how long of a wait might I be expecting?? I'm thinking at least 5 or 6 months, but the anticipation is just killing me.

Anyone have anything positive to say about their RRA?? I looked at some other makers too, but couldn't see 1200-1500 for a bushmaster or armalite, my life doesn't depend on it, so I could afford to be a little cheaper. More money for ammo and extra mags!!

Re: RRA Black rifle

RRA is top of the line,or it was before the gun rush!Ive noticed that their lower recievers and m4 butt stocks arent like they used to be last year.Some of the newer rifles have the trigger guard loose on them like the holes are a bit too large,and the m4 butt stocks have alot of play between the tube and the stock body,but those are little things.Overall the match triggers and accuracy are awesome,the smell good oil is great too,i wish they had that colonge to offer.
Ive never had a rockriver mal function yet,they are good to go.

yep, 6 months to one year, some boys are a little luckier than others. Wouldn't trade for an Armalite, though if given one wouldn't complain. Needing a 458 Socom upper in a bad way.

"Anyone have anything positive to say about their RRA??"

I can think of a few nice things to say about mine...

IMG_1350.jpg

JP rifles barreled uppers will shoot lights out on anything out there.

They are very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP rifles barreled uppers will shoot lights out on anything out there.

They are very nice. </div></div>

Wanna bet?

IMHO, I would put a John Holiger, White Oak Precision, up against any service rifle upper out there. They are simply the best. The National Champ uses WOP, along with a large number of Camp Perry shooters.

RRA is as good as Bushmaster or any other. I have the one you are talking about and the trigger is great. Smooth & light. I have had mione since before the rush started. I ordered a predator upper from RRA and was told that they could not give any delivery time. That was a couple of months ago.

Let me expand what my smart ass comment is. RRA makes good factory guns, JP is one of the best, and white oak makes great stuff. I didn't mean any disrespect to any of these guys. But just like GA precision, custom guns will shoot better than factory guns.

I ordered my RRA Assault-Entry M4 on December 16th; at that time they said it would be ready in January, then February, then March and now all they will say is they are working on it and are having problems getting the needed raw materials. They also started saying that when they get to your rifle and run your credit card and it's declined you go to the back of the line! I have already paid for mine.

I expect it will take 6 months, getting tired of buying all these mags, Ammo & AR accessories without even haveing a rifle they will fit in!

I also want a AR-10 but I am tired of 6+ month waits.

well hopefuly you can get it before they ban them,,, you know we have to do our part to stop the flow of guns into Mexico

Got a RRA Predator Pursuit Rifle last summer and have been very pleased with fit and finish. As stated above, it is not a custome rifle like my GAP but they have a happy customer in me. Now just need to get more ammo and start shooting!
JaxOps

Nearly all of the manufactorer's are putting out less than usual qualities to catch up with the demand. This should be of no suprise as they were mass production companies to begin with. With the demand as it is, they are robbing part sources to complete builds when before they had parts stock piled and could select a best fit part....Not anymore....

I know I'm really hoping that I can get it before any ban would take effect, but I'm taking the step now it's out of my hands and I can only hope.

SGT D. I can see your concern and I have a bit of one myself, but I hope that they still stand behind quality products and hope that the wait time being so long is for them to ensure a quality put together rifle. They do have 1MOA guarantees but I know that that varies from rifle to rifle.

But I am at the mercy of RRA. I hope they are kind to me.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Keep them coming!!!

I ordered an RRA complete upper in early December and received it in 10 weeks. Don't know if complete rifle wait time is longer, but I was happy with the delivery time.

FWIW, I ordered a RRA Predator Pursuit rifle on Mar 10 through a large on-line dealer and was told there was a 22-25 week wait.

When first inquiring, two weeks earlier, the same dealer had quoted an 18-20 week wait. Hopefully the build quality won't deteriorate with all the back orders.

I don't think you will have any problem with RRA as they mate their components quite well. Not to mention most components are machined in house.

Sir
I give a big +1 on WOA uppers - Mr. Hollinger makes a great product and is very good to work with - he helped me a lot at the Nationals this year. I shoot a RRA lower with Giesselle trigger and WAO upper and it is smokin' hot.