• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

RRS VYCE or Hog Saddle?

Bradu

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
IL
I'm looking at one of these for my RRS tripod and wanted to see if anyone has had the opportunity to run both and which one they liked better

I've owned both and prefer the VYCE. Their both very nice but the VYCE tightens down further. That allows me to use it for my range finder and a shotgun I turkey hunt with.

That's what I was leaning towards so I will probably get one coming this week.

After researching and checking out both, I chose the VYCE and have been very happy with it.

The newer MOD7 Hog Saddle will close down to your needs, I was in this same situation and went with the MOD7 Hog Saddle after my research. Also veteran owned company and the price was nearly the same.

If you are using a RRS VR-76 adapter plate on both there should be no difference with stability, it comes down to function. The pads on the Hog Saddle is what drove me that direction, after using the RRS VYCE at a match the pads are soft and give enough that it scored the cerakote on my chassis as it was aluminum on aluminum after tightening. You won't get that with the Hog Saddle as the padding is urethane and doesn't give as much. I feel that give the rifle a more sturdy feel without worrying about the cerakote or finish on my rifles.