Ruger’s new target long range 22lr American ... swing and a miss

Lawless

Tribal Appalachian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
NC
I took my skinny barrel American out this afternoon at 100 across my back pasture. I didn’t shoot paper but I wore out the 1.25” spinner with Eley Subsonic Hollow, CCI Standard, Eley Standard bulk, Federal Match and even Aquila 60g SS LOL

It was late so I didn’t have a lot of light so maybe I’ll shoot some paper tomorrow.

cd22lr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2019
Columbus, OH
www.youtube.com
Got mine about 4 weeks ago and was finally able to get out and test it. Having had the rprf and this i am glad that this one doesn't have the FTE issues like the precision did. out of about 450 rounds through it so far i've only had one FTE. Anyway, did a video on round 1 of ammo testing if anyone is interested to see how it did.

Deputy617

Private
Belligerents
May 16, 2014
tennessee
Cd22, at 50 yds mine was acceptable. Shoot it at 100yds with Lapua and try the sk lr. Hadn't been able too shoot for awhile due to wife having surgery.

Deputy617

Private
Belligerents
May 16, 2014
tennessee
I've posted a pic up with some results. With different ammo and at 100 yds center x wasn't so good. Post is in earlier part of thread.

cd22lr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2019
Columbus, OH
www.youtube.com
I've posted a pic up with some results. With different ammo and at 100 yds center x wasn't so good. Post is in earlier part of thread.
Ah i see them now. looks like we have the exact same setup lol! its branded as a "long range" model so i'm going do the testing with the sk lr at 100+, however i do not have high hopes it will perform well.

cd22lr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2019
Columbus, OH
www.youtube.com
I'm bout to get a Tikka also.
having had the cz457, rprf, ruger american long range, its by far the best. Action/trigger is amazing. the only thing that is not good about them is the factory stock. i pulled it straight out of the box and put it right in a krg bravo. other than this its performed really well. another downside is the magazines are like 30 freakin dollars. baretta.com had them on sale a while ago for like 25/piece.

0dd

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
having had the cz457, rprf, ruger american long range, its by far the best. Action/trigger is amazing. the only thing that is not good about them is the factory stock. i pulled it straight out of the box and put it right in a krg bravo. other than this its performed really well. another downside is the magazines are like 30 freakin dollars. baretta.com had them on sale a while ago for like 25/piece.
from what i have seen Beretta seems to do 25% off sales fairly regularly often with free shipping over $75. it is commonly posted in the T1x thread when it happens if you are interested.

Reactions: Deputy617

8pointer

Major Award Winner
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2018
Since I hadn't seen any pics of groups or heard any feedback, guess I'll be the guinea pig. Should have one hopefully by the end of the week.
Would love to hear any up to date thoughts on your experiences with the LRT. Did you pull the plug on it as a turd?

Last edited:

DFOOSKING

SoDak Cat
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2009
Iceshack Village, Buttfuck Nowhere
My buddy shoots the LRT. He put 1500 rounds through it the first week. The guns need to be broke in. The barrel originally hated CCI standards which he had a ton of from his prior rifle.

Then after trying a bunch of stuff...SK, Norma, Eley....he came back to just shoot some practice sessions for the upcoming NRL22 match and all he had left laying around was his standards.

His broke in rifle did this after he had basically given up on them 10 and 10 at 50yds.received_734256897344327.jpeg

He runs SK at the matches now so they were slightly better yet. But he has little qualms running CCI. Shot well borrowing my can as well. He placed 2nd in base class on his first outing. 20200704_083000.jpg

Reactions: ZG47A