• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Ruger LC9

Jason Wells

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
Staunton VA
Anyone shooting/ carrying the Ruger LC9? I've been looking for something a little smaller than my Glock 19 for carry. I like the looks and price of this little gun and was just looking for a little feedback.

Re: Ruger LC9

Not sure about the lc-9, but lots of people around here rave about the new sig 380 and how well it shoots. I have the pm9 and love it.

Picking mine up tommarow. Meet a guy that already had one and had only great things to say about it. Will find out myself this saturday or maybe sooner pending on how bored I get.

My wife bought an LC9 a few weeks ago. The trigger pull takes some getting used to (seems awfully long to those of us who shoot 1911s) but once you do it shoots well. I haven't shot paper with it, but I would say combined accuracy (that is, me and the gun) is good - better than my Springfield Ultra Compact but not as good as my Kimber Pro CDP II. Functionality has been very good, especially for a brand new gun. If you like the way it fits (we tried a bunch of guns and she didn't like the way most of them fit her hand and/or pointed) I recommend you give it serious consideration.

I need to get to the store and see if they have one to handle. Ever since I saw Ruger advertising this, I've wondered if it would make a good single-stack pocket 9. It definitely has my interest piqued.

Went to the range today with the LC9 for the first time. Considering its small the muzzle flip really wasnt that bad at all. I was shooting at 25 yards and it was impacting a lil low but it might have been me as well. I will have to try 7 yards saturday and take a pic of the target to show off what it can do. Didnt have any miss fires or failure to anything. Will try self defense rounds next outing to make sure it cycles fine. Dont think it will have a problem but you never know until you try. All in all for a lil package in 9mm it will make a good carry weapon. Also, when campared to a kel tec pf9 if you have a somewhat large hand you shouldnt have a problem getting all your fingers on the grip with the extension on the mag. hope this helps.

Check out the Taurus 709, mine has been great and no ftf of any kind. I've also got the 740, the sights run out and it shoots a little low and left but has run with no problems or ftfs with all ammo from shot one. T

Today went out and shot the LC9 again however this time i had a lil problem. Everytime I would shot the mag would come unlocked and pop out anywhere from an inch to 2 inches. Thought the mag wasnt seated properly or when firing I was hitting the mag release but these were not factors. When cycling the action without shooting the mag wouldnt drop. As soon as the round went off it was like the pressure blew the mag out of the weapon. Will be contacting ruger about the issue and I hope I dont get the same crap as what I did with my RRA AR15. Anyways I thought you should know about this as well before going out and getting one. Also fired the kel tec pf9 and its the samething. The only difference is 250 for the kel tec and 360 for the ruger.