• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Precision Rifle Discussion

Went big, eh? Hell of a replacement. A buddy of mine reloads .338L and I have to say, I wouldn't touch it after seeing the fight he's been through trying to find components plus seeing what he pays for them. There's no place to shoot such a round around here to take advantage of it's long ranger performance anyhow. You folks that live out west have it good when it comes to rifle range.
I just started loading for my Savage .338 and I can attest. I don't plan on shooting every week but do plan to shoot it. Stuff isn't easy to find but not impossible. It's just on a much larger scale.

Just love my .308 RPR, but decided I wanted something that would be little flatter shooting out to 1000+ yds. Was thinking of a .338 RPR, but decided on a 6.5 PRC. Like for the .338, it's been a little tough finding components for the 6.5 PRC, but not impossible. . . especially if one is willing to pay the jacked up prices a lot of places are asking.

Had some issues with my original 6.5 PRC RPR regarding the chamber and the bolt. Ruger agreed to have me send it to them to check it out. They ended up sending me a whole new rifle instead of any repair or replacement parts. While they were looking it over, I ordered a high end barrel from Preferred Barrel Blanks to swap out, which I did just last week. Now, I've gotta find a good load for the Berger Hybrid 140's I have with the RL-23 powder I have. I'm hoping I can get groups consistently into the .3's like I have with my .308.

Reactions: PabloPlutarco
I generally start at mag length, and then work my way in from there testing my seating depth. Depending on the bullets I have gotten plenty of precision anywhere from .080" to .140" off the lands.
This is what I do also. I have never had a problem getting very good groups .5 MOA or smaller that will fit in a mag. Even the Berger hybrid shot great in my rifles. Start at mag length load 3 seat back .030 and load 3, Keep doing this until you find a group that tightens up, fine tune from there.

I reload everything I shoot and I've actually had an easier time finding components for my 338LM than anything else. About the only rifle I've shot in the last year or so.

Reactions: Carlos Danger
Hello all,
I have a new-to-me RPR in 6mm Creedmoor (model 18016), all factory still at this point. Picked it up locally a couple weeks ago knowing it had 1000-1500 rounds on the barrel, but was told it was still a shooter. (I did find a good deal online for a Proof Research stainless drop-in that I now have on hand for eventual replacement.)

The factory barrel does still shoot, though. After getting the scope zeroed, my two sons and I shot 5 three-shot groups that were sub 3/4moa - and 2 of those were sub 1/2moa (.410 and .453) All with factory Hdy 108 ELD-M at 100 yds on a somewhat blustery day. Those were all the groups we shot (nothing bigger), and my youngest has very little time behind a centerfire rifle at all. I'm pretty impressed w/ how this well-traveled RPR is shooting.

My guess is the barrel is at least slower than it was in its earlier days, and I hope to get back out w/ a chrono this week and see. Anyone out there have a record of velocity w/ a new-ish factory bbl and same Hdy factory ammo they can share?... so I'll have something to compare to when I do get mine chrono'd?

Thx.

Reactions: DScorp
Any RPR's out there with a Magpul UBR buttstock? Pics or it didn't happen.

My google-fu is coming up empty.

Thanks.

Last edited:
In looking at the magnum the cocking piece is configured differently from the older 556. Are the magnum's cocking pieces prone to failure similar to the non-magnums? I have read this entire thread and did not see anything about it but did see where bolt handle recesses were rounding out and causing problems in the magnums. Thanks!

Last edited:
In looking at the magnum the cocking piece is configured differently from the older 556. Are the magnum's cocking pieces prone to failure similar to the non-magnums? I have read this entire thread and did not see anything about it but did see where bolt handle recesses were rounding out and causing problems in the magnums. Thanks!
I haven't had any problems with my cocking piece from my Gen2 .308, which now has over 11,000 rounds fired with it. My magnum bolt does have a cocking piece that is configured differently, as you say and though I've only had ~350 rounds fired with this reconfigured cocking piece, I've had no issues regarding the part of the bolt. As I posted above, I sent my sent my original back due to a bolt closing issue and the new one they sent me is much better, but still not as smooth as I've had with my .308. It seems to me to be something to do with the way the larger magnum bolt has been milled to fit into the receiver.

I haven't had any problems with my cocking piece from my Gen2 .308, which now has over 11,000 rounds fired with it. My magnum bolt does have a cocking piece that is configured differently, as you say and though I've only had ~350 rounds fired with this reconfigured cocking piece, I've had no issues regarding the part of the bolt. As I posted above, I sent my sent my original back due to a bolt closing issue and the new one they sent me is much better, but still not as smooth as I've had with my .308. It seems to me to be something to do with the way the larger magnum bolt has been milled to fit into the receiver.
You may have the record there with 11K rounds out of a RPR.

You may have the record there with 11K rounds out of a RPR.
🥴 I'm on my 3rd barrel. Though I didn't need to at the time, I swapped out my factory barrel at 3,700 though I was still getting at or a little less than .5 MOA with it. The second barrel was a Krieger that regularly gave me sub .4 MOA and groups started opening up so I swapped that one out at 5,512 rounds for another Krieger. I'm plenty pleased with my Glen2 .308 RPR. :cool:

Reactions: gigamortis
🥴 I'm on my 3rd barrel. Though I didn't need to at the time, I swapped out my factory barrel at 3,700 though I was still getting at or a little less than .5 MOA with it. The second barrel was a Krieger that regularly gave me sub .4 MOA and groups started opening up so I swapped that one out at 5,512 rounds for another Krieger. I'm plenty pleased with my Glen2 .308 RPR. :cool:
I kind of wish mine was in 308 since the life of the 6mm is so short. The 6mmCR round is a tac driving hot rod but I'd hate to have to swap out barrels twice a year.

I replaced my 6.5CM factory early at about 1,500 rounds and replaced it for a new Bartlein. It was a laser until about 2000 rounds, but then opened up. It was getting tired and the velocity dropped about 75 fps and it was in the .5 or.6 range. I did a major cleaning and used a friend's borescope to verify. Also used David TUbbs FInal Finish on it, using about one round every 75 shots. I think it is reviving it. Velocity is still down, but its still shooting in the .4s consistently with nearly 2,500 rounds through it. If I could get 3,000+ rounds out of it, that would great.

Has anyone experiened any issues with their RPR over a long period of time and higher round counts?

For those of you that have replaced the factory barrel with a higher end barrel, was there a noticable improvement in accuracy?

Thanks

Has anyone experiened any issues with their RPR over a long period of time and higher round counts?

For those of you that have replaced the factory barrel with a higher end barrel, was there a noticable improvement in accuracy?

Thanks
I have only about 3800 rounds on my RPR and I have had no real issues with it.

As far as accuracy when I replaced the factory barrel with a Krieger, I didn't really notice too much of difference between them.

Thanks
What do you think this 108 page thread is about, what we wear when we shoot our RPR's?

• Haha
Reactions: geek65 and Surly
Well, as I've posted before, at 11,000 rounds my .308 is doing just fine . . . though it's not been completely factory. About halfway through, I decided to try a Timney trigger though there was no issue with my factory trigger. IMHO, the Timney trigger has only been a very minor improvement where I had both set with a pull of ~12-14 oz.

Replaced my factory barrel at 3700 rounds, though it was still doing just fine giving me pretty consistent groups at .5 MOA with tuned hand loads. Switched to a Krieger barrel and got a noticeable improvement in accuracy consistently into the .3's. That Krieger barrel lasted 5500 rounds and replaced it with another as the groups weren't there any longer.

With any factory mass produced gun, it's a crapshoot as to whether you'll get a good or really bad one. I feel I was lucky to get one that was pretty good.

Last edited:
Well, as I've posted before, at 11,000 rounds my .308 is doing just fine . . . though it's not been completely factory. About halfway through, I decided to try a Timney trigger though there was no issue with my factory trigger. IMHO, the Timney trigger has only been a very minor improvement where I had both set with a pull of ~12-14 oz.

Replaced my factory barrel at 3700 rounds, though it was still doing just fine giving me pretty consistent groups at .5 MOA with tuned hand loads. Switched to a Krieger barrel and got a noticeable improvement in accuracy consistently into the .3's. That Krieger barrel lasted 5500 rounds and replaced it with another as the groups weren't there any longer.

With any factory mass produced gun, it's a crapshoot as to where you'll get a good or really bad one. I feel I was lucky to get one that was pretty good.
Good information

With any factory mass produced gun, it's a crapshoot as to whether you'll get a good or really bad one. I feel I was lucky to get one that was pretty good.

Is this 308 or 6.5CM?

And did you get 11,000 rounds out of your 308?! Pretty impressive if that is the case.

My 6.5CM factory barrel has died. It has around 2500 rounds through it and was shooting great until I ran it hard one day in the summer and it got hotter than I realized (I was shooting a gong at 550 with my buddy and kinda forgot how many rounds I had sent downrange until I went to pick it up). It dropped off a cliff after that. I cleaned it up real good (better than its ever been - I always cleaned it but never to this degree) to see if that helped but it didnt.

Anyways at 2500 the barrel is ready for replacement and I'm looking forward to an upgrade with the Krieger.

My rifle sounds a lot like yours, stock gen 2 with Timmy trigger (+ Magpul PRS Gen 3 buttstock).

Is this 308 or 6.5CM?
It's a .308. I recently got a 6.5PRC RPR that I just rebarreled and in the process of getting it broken in. Certainly, I don't expect barrel life of this PRC to be anywhere near that of my .308. We'll see how the rest of the gun hold up.

And did you get 11,000 rounds out of your 308?! Pretty impressive if that is the case.
Yes, that's 11,000 firing on my .308 . . .but as I said, I'm on my 3rd barrel.

My 6.5CM factory barrel has died. It has around 2500 rounds through it and was shooting great until I ran it hard one day in the summer and it got hotter than I realized (I was shooting a gong at 550 with my buddy and kinda forgot how many rounds I had sent downrange until I went to pick it up). It dropped off a cliff after that. I cleaned it up real good (better than its ever been - I always cleaned it but never to this degree) to see if that helped but it didnt.
Being that I do almost all my shooting here in AZ, I keep a close eye on my barrel heat and seldom let it get over 122°F, which makes it really slow firing during the hot summer days (early mornings, actually, when it's not too bad). 2500 is not a bad number for a 6.5CM and I think if one can get to 3,000 their pretty lucky, especially if its a factory barrel.

Anyways at 2500 the barrel is ready for replacement and I'm looking forward to an upgrade with the Krieger.

My rifle sounds a lot like yours, stock gen 2 with Timmy trigger (+ Magpul PRS Gen 3 buttstock).
I think you'll really like a Krieger barrel. They're really a well made barrel . . . top quality!

Here's a pick of my .308 with Krieger barrel:

My RPR.jpg

It's a .308. I recently got a 6.5PRC RPR that I just rebarreled and in the process of getting it broken in. Certainly, I don't expect barrel life of this PRC to be anywhere near that of my .308. We'll see how the rest of the gun hold up.

Yes, that's 11,000 firing on my .308 . . .but as I said, I'm on my 3rd barrel.

Being that I do almost all my shooting here in AZ, I keep a close eye on my barrel heat and seldom let it get over 122°F, which makes it really slow firing during the hot summer days (early mornings, actually, when it's not too bad). 2500 is not a bad number for a 6.5CM and I think if one can get to 3,000 their pretty lucky, especially if its a factory barrel.

I think you'll really like a Krieger barrel. They're really a well made barrel . . . top quality!

Here's a pick of my .308 with Krieger barrel:

View attachment 7762421
Ok, that makes sense. I dont own a 308 but from what I hear they are at the better end of the spectrum for barrel life (certainly when compared to 6.5CM etc), even so 11,000 rounds would have been darned impressive.

Looking forward to the Krieger, I have a Krieger on my 6BR and it is a laser (sub 0.2 MOA groups with basically zero load development beyond trying 4 different powder charges and guessing a generous bullet jump). Very happy with it.

Can you buy an entire bolt assembly from Ruger? I've got a 6.5PRC to get a replacement bolt with a standard bolt face for a 308 or 6.5 CM.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Can you buy an entire bolt assembly from Ruger? I've got a 6.5PRC to get a replacement bolt with a standard bolt face for a 308 or 6.5 CM.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

It's not possible to interchange those bolts. The upper receivers and bolts are different dimensions (like the PRC's has larger diameter for the magnum size cartridge). 🥴 .308 to 6.5CM is no problem.

And from what I've heard, Ruger doesn't sell their bolt assemblies separate anyway. :(

It's not possible to interchange those bolts. The upper receivers and bolts are different dimensions (like the PRC's has larger diameter for the magnum size cartridge). 🥴 .308 to 6.5CM is no problem.

And from what I've heard, Ruger doesn't sell their bolt assemblies separate anyway. :(
I made an assumption that the receivers were the same size. So much for my bright idea.

That PRC was a blast shoot until I ran out of ammo.

Thanks for the information

Reactions: straightshooter1
This is my Gen1 RPR
PVA 6GT barrel
Timney Trigger
MI 18" handguard
Area 419 brake and Arca rail

Attachments

• 20211122_134949.jpg
    20211122_134949.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: DubfromGA
As I mentioned in another part of this forum, folks are claiming they can’t shoot the RPR on the same level as more expensive rifles. For those who might have noticed I own an RPR and an MPA BA. Like em both. But don’t tell me an RPR can’t shoot. The group pictured below was shot at 300 meters (trying to figure out why I kept missing the hung up golf ball at that distance). While I have added a different rear stock and a new grip, the barrel and trigger are still stock, just as Ruger installed them in 2017. When this group was shot, it was bone stock. Oh, the ultra high dollar scope. Its a hand me down (up actually) Leupold VX3 6.5x20 with a mil dot reticle and an MOA turret. Rifle still wears that scope. Not the best but what can I say???

What I can say, Don’t tell me an RPR can’t shoot!
A650F8C2-FF20-4398-8E05-ED396389A363.jpeg
4235C016-DD29-4F39-847B-AB45460C9262.jpeg

As I mentioned in another part of this forum, folks are claiming they can’t shoot the RPR on the same level as more expensive rifles. For those who might have noticed I own an RPR and an MPA BA. Like em both. But don’t tell me an RPR can’t shoot. The group pictured below was shot at 300 meters (trying to figure out why I kept missing the hung up golf ball at that distance). While I have added a different rear stock and a new grip, the barrel and trigger are still stock, just as Ruger installed them in 2017. When this group was shot, it was bone stock. Oh, the ultra high dollar scope. Its a hand me down (up actually) Leupold VX3 6.5x20 with a mil dot reticle and an MOA turret. Rifle still wears that scope. Not the best but what can I say???

What I can say, Don’t tell me an RPR can’t shoot!
View attachment 7762857View attachment 7762858
Yeah, who says the RPR can't shoot? People with five times more money in something that doesn't shoot five times better? I think it pisses off people who spend big money that any Joe Blow can walk into a store buy an RPR that shoots as well as their uber expensive custom. I got no time for that.

Found this deal today
300 Win Mag Ruger Precision Rifle. Vortex Strike Eagle zero stop and its Illuminated 5x25 FFP seems Nice. Not like my Leupold Mark 5 but nice. Vortex Bubble level also. With

Warne Scope Mount Skyline 1 PC Precision​

The Atlas Bipod PRS adjusts all over the place took some figuring out with the forward backward legs etc... Also New Soft case that fits it.
Scoped barrel looks clean and nice left 1 mag full of 215 bergers
Pulled the bolt Like New so I assume the 20 round cnt is close also found out he is the Firearms Manager at Sportsman Warehouse might come in handy to locate some powder and primers. Said he would get what comes in.
For 1,550.00So I am pretty happy
What do they say Blind Hog finds a acorn every now and then. LOL

Attachments​

• ATT00001 (2).jpg
    ATT00001 (2).jpg
    509 KB · Views: 2
  • ATT00001 (1).jpg
    ATT00001 (1).jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 2

My 300wm didn't shoot acceptably until I put a Krieger barrel on it. Went from 1-1.25moa to .4-.5moa with 5 shot groups. Velocity also higher with Krieger. The stock barrel was a complete disappointment. I think the more modern cartridges seem to due better in stock form.

Yeah, who says the RPR can't shoot? People with five times more money in something that doesn't shoot five times better? I think it pisses off people who spend big money that any Joe Blow can walk into a store buy an RPR that shoots as well as their uber expensive custom. I got no time for that.

I hit the range today and shot my bone stock RPR. I have a Nightforce 5.5x22-50mm scope mounted on it. It was 36 degrees and there was a full value 14 mph wind at 090 degrees relative.

I shot a 1" group at 300 yards with Hornady 140g ELD Match and a 1-7/8" group with my reloads.

I think the RPR can shoot with the right loads.

Reactions: HKshooter
I hit the range today and shot my bone stock RPR. I have a Nightforce 5.5x22-50mm scope mounted on it. It was 36 degrees and there was a full value 14 mph wind at 090 degrees relative.

I shot a 1" group at 300 yards with Hornady 140g ELD Match and a 1-7/8" group with my reloads.

I think the RPR can shoot with the right loads.

Agreed, this was shot by my Son (he was age 16 at the time) using my RPR (6.5CM), 600 yards five shot group of 59mm (the flyer is the sighter which doesn't score for the competition).

1640173740392.jpeg

Wow! That's really impressive shooting.

Thanks, he usually (but not always) out shoots me most times now and I use an AI AT (.308/6.5CM), must be the better eyesight.

He was the club 600 yard benchrest factory champion (2019/2020) using the RPR and he is currently third in the 600 yard 2020/2021 championship. He was also third in the 1000 yard 2020/2021 club factory class benchrest championship (he got his medal on Sunday).

He has also managed numerous small groups in competition (in his class - factory benchrest], hit the 'fly' (500 yards [you get three five shot groups] and hit a hens egg (500 yards [one shot allowed at the egg]). The fly and egg shoots are competitions our club runs on an annual basis therefore the patches you win are prized since they can only be won once per year.

He also shot the group below (2020), whilst it's 75mm overall, the first four shots are just over 24mm. he just 'messed up' the fifth shot (wind change?), therefore, he was on for a sub one inch group at 600 yards!

As you can tell, I am proud of him.

In summary, in my opinion, an RPR can shoot well!

1640205784056.png

I put an M16A1E stock on my .223 and it works great. Thought I'd try one on the .300WM. It does not allow the bolt to fully retract so it is a no-go for magazine feeding and extracting live rounds unless I cut a notch in the buffer tube to allow clearance for the cocking piece. Cutting a 3/8 x 3/8 notch through the buffer tube threads doesn't give me a lot of confidence. It does allow the rifle to sit lower though.

Last edited:
Anarchy Outdoors RPR bolt handle vs oem. How do they compare for durability and fit?

I have one and I only bought one because they were inexpensive and it gave me some individualism for a mas produced rifle

Was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with the new Ruger RPR Custom Shop model. I’m looking at purchasing one of these or a Savage Elite Precision. I did post a thread in the bolt action forum and received a number of good comments however no one had actual experience with the new custom model.

Thanks much!

Other than the Flat Trigger and Neat Cerakote they should be Identical.
I have been looking myself. If your talking the Davidson Edition?

Didn’t know there was a Davidson Edition? I’ve been looking at the standard Ruger Custom Shop model of the RPR just released last year.

Other than the Flat Trigger and Neat Cerakote they should be Identical.
I have been looking myself. If your talking the Davidson Edition?
I sure hope they're doing more than that for that additional price, like . . . blueprinting the bolt and receiver and lapping the barrel.

Trigger Tech trigger, APA muzzle brake among other things. I’ve shot factory and custom benchrest matches for years and in the factory matches 90% of the competitors use Savage rifles. I will be using one of these rifles in factory benchrest competition. I’ve researched both these rifles extensively via the net. There is a boatload of good info on the Savage with the MDT chassis however very little on the RPR Custom I assume cuz it’s so new.

Anarchy Outdoors RPR bolt handle vs oem. How do they compare for durability and fit?
I went with the dragon scale one because it looked cool and they were on sale.

Fit and function is fine. It doesn't really do anything my stock didn't already do. Other than it looks neat. Not sure how much more or less durable it is, they're both aluminum.

Was wondering if anyone had first hand experience with the new Ruger RPR Custom Shop model. I’m looking at purchasing one of these or a Savage Elite Precision. I did post a thread in the bolt action forum and received a number of good comments however no one had actual experience with the new custom model.

Thanks much!
Upon the suggestion of a friend, who owns a Gen 1 6.5 Creedmore, I picked up the 6mm Creedmore and opted for the Custom Shop version as I wanted the upgraded trigger and heavy barrel. I am using a set of Vortex PMR rings, with a Vortex Vioer PSTii 5-25x50 w/ EBR-2C reticle (MOA), and an MK Machine aluminum picatinny mounted level.

I have only had it out to the range once. I put 10 rounds through it. The first 4 were off paper, the last six (once I dialed in the scope) were pretty good. Then my 15 year old daughter did another 3 (the first one didn’t hit as she wasn’t ready for the trigger), and my buddy (Keith) did the last 3. My buddy is a far better shooter, and took the time to setup his bags.

These shots were at 98.2 yards using Hornady 108 ELD Match.

I am going to get some other match grade bullets to determine which variety this barrel prefers, but for now the 108 ELD seem to work well.

Attachments

• C49A7636-573F-4276-B1A5-0B3E678DF5CB.jpeg
    C49A7636-573F-4276-B1A5-0B3E678DF5CB.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 118
  • E0EF8CBA-FAAA-4327-ACCD-ECFC4C65219D.jpeg
    E0EF8CBA-FAAA-4327-ACCD-ECFC4C65219D.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 120
  • C8D7C5E1-11D1-4D73-92A5-B5C59BEE8120.jpeg
    C8D7C5E1-11D1-4D73-92A5-B5C59BEE8120.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 139
  • 1C2BDF87-BECA-4DAC-BA87-23427E7B4F05.jpeg
    1C2BDF87-BECA-4DAC-BA87-23427E7B4F05.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 40BC230F-AD17-4002-B5B6-92619CA74B62.jpeg
    40BC230F-AD17-4002-B5B6-92619CA74B62.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 6629BCCE-288C-4356-8B33-B53C3EC677EB.jpeg
    6629BCCE-288C-4356-8B33-B53C3EC677EB.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 781F98C0-6628-4313-9D55-84110A34E073.jpeg
    781F98C0-6628-4313-9D55-84110A34E073.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 8E0312EF-3E8D-4C01-984E-98DEDA1E2BA5.jpeg
    8E0312EF-3E8D-4C01-984E-98DEDA1E2BA5.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I sure hope they're doing more than that for that additional price, like . . . blueprinting the bolt and receiver and lapping the barrel.
In the Custom Shop version they include a Triggertech Trigger, APA Lil Bastard brake, Magpul MOE2 grip, barrier stop, flat bottom hand guard w/ integrated 1.5” rail. There is also a heavy contour stainless barrel, a flared mag well, and an m-lok slot below the port for a “match saver”, etc. There is also improved geometry of the bolt face, and the bolt shroud is also color matched and metal instead of plastic. They have done additional barrel fitment to ensure minimal headspacing etc. Additionally, Ruger have removed the picatinny from the bottom of the butt stock and added m-lok slots instead. All of that, plus it’s Ceracoated in “sniper gray” and has cool red accents.

The only thing left to change is the bolt handle, and maybe the stock.

MSRP is high, but real world ”street price” is about $1800 -$1900.

Attachments

• 3C849CF2-2408-4E3E-B1FD-67A93BA34100.jpeg
    3C849CF2-2408-4E3E-B1FD-67A93BA34100.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 55E519F8-AE64-44F6-9213-AEE6DA873FDA.jpeg
    55E519F8-AE64-44F6-9213-AEE6DA873FDA.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 32A4939D-EBE0-4DB1-A230-C7B3C1060B1C.jpeg
    32A4939D-EBE0-4DB1-A230-C7B3C1060B1C.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Reactions: straightshooter1
Hi, I am new to this forum, have really followed the creedmore forums closely , really helped out a lot, right now I am replacing my RPR barrel with a Proof Research barrel, in the process I could not get the barrel nut off my gen 3 barrel, bent 2 barrel nut wrenches with heat and cold applied, called Ruger to order a barrel nutreplacement, told me that the barrel nuts are fitted and need to send my barrel in for them to fit my bar

Hi, I am new to this forum, have really followed the creedmore forums closely , really helped out a lot, right now I am replacing my RPR barrel with a Proof Research barrel, in the process I could not get the barrel nut off my gen 3 barrel, bent 2 barrel nut wrenches with heat and cold applied, called Ruger to order a barrel nutreplacement, told me that the barrel nuts are fitted and need to send my barrel in for them to fit my bar
Both mine came off with a bump from a deadblow. Invested in the reaction rod. Money well spent.

Reactions: gigamortis