• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rumors True? AIAW & AIAX dust binned???

idaho1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
North Idaho
I have recently heard from a major US dealer of Accuracy International rifles that both the AW and AX platforms are being discontinued in favor of a completely new AX-like platform.
Has anyone heard any scoop on this?

I heard that they are discontinuing the the AI (maybe AW too, unsure) platform and sticking with the AX from now on but I havent heard of a completely new AX model being released.

Tom Irwin of AI posted on here that the AW is being updated as well as the AX, the AE is going away. Look for more after shot show.

Figures, I just bought one.

Excited to see what they come up with though.

AI is really good about supporting all their older model rifles. i have a AIAW and it isn't going anywhere. Love that gun, enjoy the gun you have, they are still some of the finest purpose built weapons anywhere

Jesus people, can't we just wait a little while until SHOT? Threads like these are the equivalent of news stations making up facts to get the story first.

Only a select few know what AI has up their sleeve, the rest of us should be patient.

I think everyone is just excited as hell and chopping at the bit about the new offerings from AI. I know I am.

Accuracy International is and will always be the best and simply bad ass. I can't wait for SHOT SHOW!

I'm going to pick up an AX in a month or so. I have thought about waiting until after SHOT but the AX is a great platform and I think I'll be happy with it. :)

I can see it taking market share if they price it correctly. If it is priced like their PSR, which required many to consider selling their first born to afford it, I don't see AI taking much of the market for switch barrel tactical rifles.

Eh, that's just marketing speak. If the AT line is modular from .308WIN up to .338LM, it could make a dent in SRS sales; if not then it'll just be a really nice option for AI shooters who want to swap barrels without an action wrench, me thinks.

Jesus people, can't we just wait a little while until SHOT? Threads like these are the equivalent of news stations making up facts to get the story first.

Very funny but so true. I like watching how things just snowball and people start thinking it is true. Very entertaining...

Stop posting this... there is an NDA in place and nobody wants to get people in trouble...

If you post this stuff again from back pages of the Euro Website you'll be banned.

AI has requested these be removed !

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently spoke with Dave Tooley and he said the AE is history, most dealers have their final shipments. The AW is not going away (from what I was told), but the AX is updating the AE offering.

A PSR stock on my AX would be awesome!! Only draw back is I have a couple AICS's and an AX that I'd have to sell and with new ones out no ones going to want my old AICS and AX!!

Me I donot want a 308/300/338 swap gun , as why would I want the weight of the big 338 action , IF I only want a 308 based gun ?

To me I like the quick change of the PSR , and would like that & the stock carried over to the AX308 , so that you would in effect have 2 PSR type models , a smaller one for 308 based rds , and a larger one for 300/338 based rds .

Be interesting to see the new model reguardless .

I really hope they still make the 308 AW . as there is a reason its a modern classic .

Hell , I even donot like the new plastic sides they put on the current AW rifles , you now the cheap nasty 20 piece jigsaw puzzle , instead of the old 4 piece job , some times NEW is not as good as the OLD , But is just CHEAPER .

Later Chris

You guys are all in the wrong direction and need to stop posting links to pages that are not active yet as you are gonna get people in trouble.

I have the rifles here, been shooting them for a while... you're all talking in circles in the wrong direction and you're all gonna be very happy at the same time.

Enough Said.... wait for shot show, if they wanted them hyped, I have hours worth of video I would be leaking.

I, (like everyone) can't wait to see what AI is coming up with next. But keep in mind people, just because they come out with a new product doesn't make the discontinued ones any less amazing. Their AEs and AWs will still be a work of art 20 years from now and will still perform up to the exacting standards they have set.

I, (like everyone) can't wait to see what AI is coming up with next. But keep in mind people, just because they come out with a new product doesn't make the discontinued ones any less amazing. Their AEs and AWs will still be a work of art 20 years from now and will still perform up to the exacting standards they have set.

Very good point...

Anyone know the availability of the new rifles as yet? Will they be shipping the new rifles immediately after SHOT? Anyone got a timeframe when they will be in dealers hands?? It is getting real hard to turn down the deal Mile High has on an AE rifle!!