• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rural Americans use the most gas….

Would you care to clarify your comment! The term has multiple uses! Thanks! memtb

It means your statement was beyond dumb because you assume your subject matter knowledge is far greater than what it really is.

North Central Oklahoma. It is too late here. I am sorrounded. They now are protesting all their property tax. It has become standard procedure for them. They always have attorneys fighting the taxes.....the schools obviously are broke to start out and have to figure out how to pay for their attorney. In the meantime the protested revenue goes to escrow. The state recognizes that as revenue for the school and subtracts it from the schools annual state allotment to that school, even though it is in escrow. If the school loses the protest 3, 4 or 5 years later, the state doesn't replace what should have been sent by the state to the school. It can be a lose, lose situation for the school.

Give me a minute to respond to that. I need to pull some figures for you.

..the schools obviously are broke to start out and have to figure out how to pay for their attorney.
If they'd sell off some of that sweet scool property they own all over the state, they have a good start. Oh, and stop putting the teachers pension money in the stock market and losing it. Or maybe since higher education still gets federal funding and roughly one third of the gambling money allotted to the schools, they could share some of the millions they're paying the football coaches.

North Central Oklahoma. It is too late here. I am sorrounded. They now are protesting all their property tax. It has become standard procedure for them. They always have attorneys fighting the taxes.....the schools obviously are broke to start out and have to figure out how to pay for their attorney. In the meantime the protested revenue goes to escrow. The state recognizes that as revenue for the school and subtracts it from the schools annual state allotment to that school, even though it is in escrow. If the school loses the protest 3, 4 or 5 years later, the state doesn't replace what should have been sent by the state to the school. It can be a lose, lose situation for the school.

The tax protest issue.

I agree it is a real issue that needs to be resolved. It’s not a new issue and it is not solely a wind industry issue. That’s just an Oklahoma tax law loophole that places the counties at a disadvantage when assessing properties and compounded by the tax reporting requirements by state law.

To those unfamiliar with the issue, it’s a legal way to withhold property tax money from the counties and let the money grow in Escrow during dispute while the counties cannot access the money but are credited with receiving during the state budget process.

This is a tax loophole across the entire state, and it affects everyone that lives here. It will affect the local millage rate of all other property owners as the counties are forced to raise taxes to cover the shortfall from the forecasted budgets that are required earlier in the tax year.

The energy industry’s position on the subject is that the counties are incentivized to hire property appraisers that systematically overvalue energy industry assets without using any of the OTC’s valuation recommendations and no legal requirement to align their valuations with existing tax code, law or court case precedent. This is too such an extent that a single mile of DCP Midstream’s pipeline in Texas is valued on average at ~$5,400 per mile, while in Beaver County, OK that same pipe is valued at ~$21,430 per mile, being close to four times the value despite that the Texas Pipeline is on average larger in diameter and demonstrates higher revenue streams.

A couple of quick facts that demonstrate this is not only a wind energy issue.
- Ellis County has $81 million held in protest escrow from Oil and Gas.
- Payne County has $915 Million dollars in protested oil and gas valuations held in escrow, and according to Superintendent Keith Weldon of Alex - Public Schools, they alone have $2.345 Billion dollars held in escrow under protest from a single oil and gas company, being DCP Midstream.
- Over 22% of pipeline property tax in the entire State of Oklahoma is protested every year since 2015.
- The Alex Public School System has $0 dollars held in ad valorem protest from wind farms.

I suggest that the tax protest issue is separate from wind energy and affects the entirety of the energy industry to include pipelines assets, refining assets and well sites. That has more to do with the disfunction of the Oklahoma property tax system, state law and the legal requirement for early August reporting requirements by county assessors. It is not specific to the Wind Energy Industry. It affects literally ANY industry that wants to build high value assets in our rural communities and the property owners that bear the burden of covering the budget shortfalls caused by state tax collection reporting requirements out of sync with actual tax dollars received.

One of the recommended legislative solutions is to allow County Assessors to forecast on and report “actual” ad valorem collections rather than “projected” collections that may be subject to protest.

However, if you feel strongly about the issue, you really should call Denise Armstrong at (405) 557-7405, being the Legislative Assistant to State Rep. Brad Boles who can be intermittently contacted at (405) 557-7405 and stress upon them the importance of introducing legislation in the upcoming legislative session that would resolve the tax protest issue. Brad Boles is the Chair of a House Committee that formed a study on this very issue to seek legislative solutions to resolve the problem.

Idk. Just my rambling thoughts on the subject for what it's worth. I'll probably change my mind by tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Shanghai McCoy
The more diesel vehicles that people buy, the less they'll be concerned about the price of gas. As I have stated previously.

As a corollary though, one 'benefit' about electric vehicles is the braking is/can also be used as a 'regenerative' circuit. So the secret to that is, if one drives an electric vehicle and does so with the brakes on all the time, then they are generating electricity everywhere they go. Win/Win/Win for them, correct?

There's the answer to all the problems of the world.....

Enjoy your coffee!
Drive in reverse for a while with ft on the brake and pretty soon you'll have a fully charged new vehicle.

• Love
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
The tax protest issue.

I agree it is a real issue that needs to be resolved. It’s not a new issue and it is not solely a wind industry issue. That’s just an Oklahoma tax law loophole that places the counties at a disadvantage when assessing properties and compounded by the tax reporting requirements by state law.

To those unfamiliar with the issue, it’s a legal way to withhold property tax money from the counties and let the money grow in Escrow during dispute while the counties cannot access the money but are credited with receiving during the state budget process.

This is a tax loophole across the entire state, and it affects everyone that lives here. It will affect the local millage rate of all other property owners as the counties are forced to raise taxes to cover the shortfall from the forecasted budgets that are required earlier in the tax year.

The energy industry’s position on the subject is that the counties are incentivized to hire property appraisers that systematically overvalue energy industry assets without using any of the OTC’s valuation recommendations and no legal requirement to align their valuations with existing tax code, law or court case precedent. This is too such an extent that a single mile of DCP Midstream’s pipeline in Texas is valued on average at ~$5,400 per mile, while in Beaver County, OK that same pipe is valued at ~$21,430 per mile, being close to four times the value despite that the Texas Pipeline is on average larger in diameter and demonstrates higher revenue streams.

A couple of quick facts that demonstrate this is not only a wind energy issue.
- Ellis County has $81 million held in protest escrow from Oil and Gas.
- Payne County has $915 Million dollars in protested oil and gas valuations held in escrow, and according to Superintendent Keith Weldon of Alex - Public Schools, they alone have $2.345 Billion dollars held in escrow under protest from a single oil and gas company, being DCP Midstream.
- Over 22% of pipeline property tax in the entire State of Oklahoma is protested every year since 2015.
- The Alex Public School System has $0 dollars held in ad valorem protest from wind farms.

I suggest that the tax protest issue is separate from wind energy and affects the entirety of the energy industry to include pipelines assets, refining assets and well sites. That has more to do with the disfunction of the Oklahoma property tax system, state law and the legal requirement for early August reporting requirements by county assessors. It is not specific to the Wind Energy Industry. It affects literally ANY industry that wants to build high value assets in our rural communities and the property owners that bear the burden of covering the budget shortfalls caused by state tax collection reporting requirements out of sync with actual tax dollars received.

One of the recommended legislative solutions is to allow County Assessors to forecast on and report “actual” ad valorem collections rather than “projected” collections that may be subject to protest.

However, if you feel strongly about the issue, you really should call Denise Armstrong at (405) 557-7405, being the Legislative Assistant to State Rep. Brad Boles who can be intermittently contacted at (405) 557-7405 and stress upon them the importance of introducing legislation in the upcoming legislative session that would resolve the tax protest issue. Brad Boles is the Chair of a House Committee that formed a study on this very issue to seek legislative solutions to resolve the problem.

Idk. Just my rambling thoughts on the subject for what it's worth. I'll probably change my mind by tomorrow morning.

Wow

What a fucked up situation

Reactions: RGStory
Wow

What a fucked up situation

Yep. Although the eastern counties in the state seem to be immune to the issue, so it's starting to look like it is isolated to some bad actors. When over 90% of the protested amounts involve a single outside appraisal firm it draws suspicion.

The deadline for requesting the drafting of bills is December 10, as it is with any key issue in the State of Oklahoma, now is the time to start badgering your state reps to follow through on getting those bills in. Instead of badgering alone though, I'd offer to help them in any way you can.

State House Reps are local folk and not everyone can afford a law firm to draft legislation and promote a bill. They can use grass roots lobbing done at the local level to get things across the finish line.

So unless you really want the industry alone to be drafting those laws, I strongly encourage you to get involved in your local and state level politics.

88 miles, was it?

No charging stations, was it?

LOL

I was warned that this site had a multitude of jerks. Prior to having had contact with you, I thought they were exaggerating! Thanks for justifying their opinions of this site! memtb

I was warned that this site had a multitude of jerks. Prior to having had contact with you, I thought they were exaggerating! Thanks for justifying their opinions of this site! memtb

Why because I don't entertain dumb people?

88 mile commute you had?

Here's a car with a 290 mile range: https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/bolt-ev

Oh but no charging stations along your route.....Oh my whatever would I do?

I don't know, wire one of these up in your garage:
s-l300.jpg

Chevrolet will cover standard installation of Level 2 charging outlet for eligible customers who purchase or lease a 2022 Bolt EUV or Bolt EV * , helping even more people experience how easy it is to live electric. In collaboration with Qmerit, the offer gives customers access to faster charging right where they want it – at home.

Why because I don't entertain dumb people?

88 mile commute you had?

Here's a car with a 290 mile range: https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/bolt-ev

Oh but no charging stations along your route.....Oh my whatever would I do?

I don't know, wire one of these up in your garage:
s-l300.jpg

The link you provided, works as well as the GM (Obama Motors) electric vehicles! 😉 memtb

The link you provided, works as well as the GM (Obama Motors) electric vehicles! 😉 memtb

Not sure where you are located, but most people seem surprised to learn just how many stations have been installed in the past few years. At a rate of ~7,000 new ports installed each year since 2012, it's only a matter of time before this concern is mitigated.

Unless you are in Wyoming, Montana and the Dakota's, there is a high chance there's a charging station within 80 miles of you.

The other functional hurdle people seem to have is the length of charge time, however, if you can get comfortable with leaving with only an 80% charge, your charging time is cut down significantly. Of course that means your effective range is cut down by similar proportions, keeping this in mind does help with route planning and reducing overall long distance travel times on EV's.

Personally, for me it is not quite there yet for the long routes, but for local or daily routine commutes, I don't see a problem.

Then again, I still don't own a 6.5 Creedmoor, nor do I own an EV.

I know we have all seen this, but imagine, if you will, we've all have pulled into a gas station, had a couple of vehicles occupying the island, and had to wait for 5-10 min. for a pump to open up. Not a big deal, but somewhat of a hassle( me, I get a little "cranky" when I have to wait, especially on a long cross-country trip). Now, imagine the same scenario, but waiting to use a charging station, waiting the 30-45 min(?) per EV to get charged. I know, I know, just add more charging stations, just like fuel pumps, right?? but sometimes that situation just doesn't happen and there you are... Mac🤔

Reactions: memtb
What are you on a modem?

This will be my last response to your diatribe!

While I may not have an extremely high IQ.....I can be educated and do not shun education! Unlike yourself, who apparently has an extreme personality disorder! After your early childhood diagnosis.....your parents likely regret not getting an abortion!

Have a nice day, and make other people’s day much better by just going away! memtb

Last edited:
This will be my last response to your diatribe!

While I may not have an extremely high IQ.....I can be educated and do not shun education!

Unlike yourself, that has a extreme personality disorder! After your early childhood diagnosis.....your parents likely regret not getting an abortion!

Have a nice day, and make other people’s day much better by just going away! memtb

Point to the place on the doll where the pirate touched you.

They're not delusional, that's too smart of a term. They are however fucking retarded.
Kinda harsh to lump retarded people in with them.
Folks with MR, or DD as they say, are not nearly as idiotic as a liberal.
Nor as conniving and rotten.

Just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
Its not the number of charging stations. Its the charge time. (Combined with the lack of ability to travel distances at highway speeds when loaded)

Even getting a a full charge in two hours, if the range is just 50 miles or so loaded, it would all 20 extra hours of travel time to make a 500 mile trip.

The only two solutions, Have an easily removable battery with “filling” stations available along the route to keep fresh batteries available and the ability to quickly change out those batteries, or have a hybrid where a very efficient internal combustion engine running a generator to power the electric motors.

The first is almost universally rejected because we are seemingly married to extra large, rare earth batteries that have to be a structural part of the vehicle. The second, why add the complexity, just work hard on developing efficient internal combustion engines that use a clean burning fuel.

Is all of this rejected because red china seems to have a lock on the rare earth metals used in the electric vehicles?

Its not the number of charging stations. Its the charge time. (Combined with the lack of ability to travel distances at highway speeds when loaded)

Even getting a a full charge in two hours, if the range is just 50 miles or so loaded, it would all 20 extra hours of travel time to make a 500 mile trip.

The only two solutions, Have an easily removable battery with “filling” stations available along the route to keep fresh batteries available and the ability to quickly change out those batteries, or have a hybrid where a very efficient internal combustion engine running a generator to power the electric motors.

The first is almost universally rejected because we are seemingly married to extra large, rare earth batteries that have to be a structural part of the vehicle. The second, why add the complexity, just work hard on developing efficient internal combustion engines that use a clean burning fuel.

Is all of this rejected because red china seems to have a lock on the rare earth metals used in the electric vehicles?

They are looking at hybrid as an alternative solution. The new "green" initiative involves both EV and hybrids. Internal combustion is not efficient and will not ever be close to as efficient as electric.

Not very efficient when you need to run the heater or defrost. Electric heat never has been or will be energy efficient.