• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako Quad Trigger Guard Project

Re: Sako Quad Trigger Guard Question

SOLD!

Er, I mean, when do you want the money?
wink.gif

i am not suprised at all,perfection! another outstanding job hotrod.

Just an update. The guards are blasted and off to the anodizer.
I hope to have them by the end of this week if all goes well
with there schedule.

cool.gif

The final version is SWEET!!!

Not to jinx up the works but, I hope the anodizer pulls through on their end.

Moving the front of the trigger guard close to the screw and flaring the mag well are awesome, practical touches.

Makes me hate myself for not getting one of the single-barrel Sako Quad deals earlier in the year when they were still available...
frown.gif

TDR911, I just ordered a Lilja .900 straight taper barrel today. It's going to ship today as well.

Hotrod I want two as soon as you can sell them. Got my Barrel coming, Got my Don Stith stock in the works. I've worked my trigger down to a pound. Looks like that all I can do with out pulling the guts out. I may have to let Mr Gish do his work on the trigger. The trigger guard looks great. Donald

Are these going to come with new hex head screws? I'm getting ready to place an order with JP and need to know if I need to order their screws or not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hotrod9mm did they come back from finishing? If so how about a peek? Donald</div></div>
No, looks like Monday

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cgv69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are these going to come with new hex head screws? I'm getting ready to place an order with JP and need to know if I need to order their screws or not?</div></div>
I will talk with the shop on Monday and see when they will be running them.

I just want to thank HotRod for meeting up with me today to deliver my two guards!

We had a great talk about some of the things he is working on. Some pretty cool products coming our way!

These trigger guards are hot! If you haven't ordered yours yet, get on it!

If anyone needs a spare plastic one and you aren't going to order one from HotRod, just let me know and you can have mine.

Thanks <span style="font-weight: bold">nwsb</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...... how about a peek? ...</div></div>

17007-10.jpg

17007-9.jpg

THIS is the remaining part that was sorely lacking in the various Quad builds. If anyone wants the original plastic one, they can add me to the list of people happy to GIVE mine away
wink.gif

-Really glad this trigger guard was developed, can't wait to get mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

These trigger guards are hot! If you haven't ordered yours yet, get on it!

</div></div>

Are they available for order? I haven't gotten an email from hotrod9mm yet concerning the waiting list that was formed by emailing your details to him(from pg1)...

i am on that list also and cant wait to get one. very well done indeed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....Are they available for order? ... </div></div>

Yes. E-mails have been going out the last 3 days. I have 8-10 more to reply to from the list. So as soon as I know how many T/Gs are sold and a count as to what I have left then I will reply to the remainder.

If I'm short on T/Gs, I will put in the order for more. So if you want them please send in an email so I will have an idea as to how many to re-order.

cool.gif

Got mine in and installed. I think I can finally more or less call her done... well there is a little more plastic left...

-pd

Don't have a quad yet, but I'm going to get one so my email is incoming as well. I don't want to wait and take the risk of these not being around when I finally get my rifle.

Email woudn't work. Can you email me at [email protected]

Thanks

JP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeremiahak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....Email woudn't work. Can you email me at [email protected]....</div></div>

You're on the list. I will send out an email when I get the orders caught up and I'm ready to ship.

Thank you!

cool.gif

Ok, just to keep everyone updated:

The first batch is flying out door and I've order a second batch. I'm reposting the "List" information because I'm getting request via PM and that's ok it's just easer if you are on the list so the emails go out in the order they are received. So please send your request to the address below and I will see that you are added to the list as the T/Gs become available. Please include:

Subject: Sako T/G List
Full name
Shipping address
Phone number

Thanks, H Rod

[email protected]

Thanks everyone!

cool.gif

Got my yesterday and just installed it. Looks fantastic, perfect fit.

finally got mine painted and installed. mag insertions are a thing of beauty now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...... got mine painted and installed.....</div></div>

and no pics!
whistle.gif

havent done the pic thing but will give it a whirl over the weekend.

Here is a few pics of mine on my quad. I am not the greatest at taking pics, so bear with me. The trigger guard is sweet.

SakoQuadpic002.jpg

SakoQuadpic003.jpg

SakoQuadpic004.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotRod9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I have a few left and posted them on the web site. Now whats next?????
grin.gif

Quad Trigger Guards

cool.gif
</div></div>

how about a metal shroud to do away with the rest of
the plastic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secretsquirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotRod9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I have a few left and posted them on the web site. Now whats next?????
grin.gif

Quad Trigger Guards

cool.gif
</div></div>

how about a metal shroud to do away with the rest of
the plastic? </div></div>

What shroud??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What shroud?? </div></div>

-glad I wasn't the only one that had that question
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....What shroud?? </div></div>

On the back of the bolt.
Round.jpg

cool.gif

I saw a quad action on Gun Broker that had that replaced. It might still be up there. I was meaning to ask them wear they got it.

I should have just asked him to begin with...sorry. Just sent him a message. I will post his reply.

HotRod9mm would the shroud be something you would be interested in manufacturing? cant stand plastic bits on a rifle.

He got back to me pretty quick. It is something he made in his shop along with the bolt handle.

I definitely want one. I have a Manners/Joplin Quad trainer and the Sako plastic trigger guard was not up to the rest of the build. Thanks for doing this.

How about something that will take magazines that don't cost $40 a peice? Think you could make something that takes Marlin bolt gun mags? They are similar in design, at least the ones I've seen. I've always had good luck with them....and they're cheap, like myself, and easy to come by. I think the feed angle on the Sako Quad mags is a little bit steep, don't know if that can be corrected without causing other feed problems, but if you've got the time and know how I'd buy the fix.

How well do these fit the Manners/Joplin Quad trainer built with a Manners stock?

It fit into my Manners Stock just fine.

Just received and installed my trigger guard yesterday. Rimfire's turnaround from order to arrival: 2 business days. Product is outstanding!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dagger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It fit into my Manners Stock just fine. </div></div>
I received mine today and it fits my Manners-Joplin Quad trainer perfectly.