• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG M10

I had them in my hands today 🥳 the 6.5cm and the 300nm both have a twist rate of 1/8"
Now some paperwork with the police, and then I can walk them😂

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 15.26.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 15.26.43.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 209
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 15.25.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 15.25.44.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 207
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 15.25.15.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-04 at 15.25.15.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 213
Thanks Mayvic,
I sure hope that is their universal twist rate. I can't imagine sako would produce 2 different twist rates for different markets. I just ordered the 300nm for 50%off. Great deal

Where are you getting the mlok handguard? They make them for the trg 42/22 A1 series that I understand fit, but I cant find a source.

Where are you getting the mlok handguard? They make them for the trg 42/22 A1 series that I understand fit, but I cant find a source.

They came from Sako. As far as I know the components shown in my pictures that are different from the stock TRG M10 aren't publicly available. If I remember right the main components that are different on our rifles were the barrels and the handguard. The color is very slightly different too. I forgot about the handguard being different from the stock guns, these pictures have been public since 2018 though.

With the bolt handle at that multi-bend angle, does lift feel heavy or awkward at all compared to say a standard trg or any of its contemporaries?

Does anyone know what the twist rate is on the 300 NM barrels are? Beretta usa says 11 but they say the same for the 338LM which I believe to be a misprint as the brochures I've seen out of sako say 10 twist on both calibers. 11 would be just stupid in my opinion.
I can confirm they are 1:8 for 300 NM. I received mine yesterday.

TRG-22 and TRG-42 are well thought, accurate and simple rifles. TRG bipod is also very good. If you don't need multiple calibers those are just awesome. Only thing that I don't like them is folding stock that folds to wrong side.

M10 is great due multiple calibers and really nice folding stock. And of course there is more than enough places to attach something. And of course with it you don't need to think what if.. :)

Let's see how it goes. At least I have a license to acquire.
Getting a 338 lm license is not hard for hunting purposes. Just put .338 as the caliber option on your application and it will go through. Also if you have previous licenses and havent committed any crimes you will get approved always. Claiming its hard to get licenses in Finland is just false.

Getting a 338 lm license is not hard for hunting purposes. Just put .338 as the caliber option on your application and it will go through. Also if you have previous licenses and havent committed any crimes you will get approved always. Claiming its hard to get licenses in Finland is just false.
Have you applied for one lately?

Of course hard is not measurable but at least in northern Finland getting a license for 338lm for hunting is way harder than getting a license for 308win. Every application for .338lm for hunting that I know within last 2 years has been handled by chief officer of license department and needed better reasoning that what do you hunt and where.

As usual in Finland you can have a license if you are fit to own a firearm and have a reason for it. I’m pretty sure that you wont get a license for 338lm by just filling 338lm as a caliber and hunting for a reason.

Yes it depends on the department a lot, but you dont have to specify 338 lapua magnum when applying for the license. If you put say 7.62mm-9.3mm or just plain 338 you are allowed to buy a lapua magnum with it. Or put 30-45cal. In Etelä-Pohjanmaa or middle Finland there is really no issue. I know that Oulu is notorious for not liking lapua magnum. But I see you were able to get the M10, nice looking rifle.

Yes it depends on the department a lot, but you dont have to specify 338 lapua magnum when applying for the license. If you put say 7.62mm-9.3mm or just plain 338 you are allowed to buy a lapua magnum with it. Or put 30-45cal. In Etelä-Pohjanmaa or middle Finland there is really no issue. I know that Oulu is notorious for not liking lapua magnum. But I see you were able to get the M10, nice looking rifle.

I have heard about that in some areas acquiring licences applied only by caliber, calibers or caliber range which includes .338 are granted so that .338lm is excluded from that licence. This is only second hand information so I cannot be sure. For me it was way more straight to apply for license to acquire .338lm because it was the one I was going to have. At least I didn't had to be scared to show my purchase in the department.

Yes I got it after I made clear why I need it and it's a very nice gun :) Fits my need perfectly!

I work at a gun store and personally have never seen an acquiring license which excludes 338lm when a caliber range has been used where lapua magnum fits in the brakets

Not saying that it couldnt be the case, but its far more rare that there is special mention that excludes 338 lm than is actually talked about

I see that the 300NM kits and barrels are available now in the U.S. Anyone find the 6.5 CM kits or barrels?

Got a barrel/bolt/mag kit from EuroOptic. Took months to get. Haven't given it a run yet.....

I see that the 300NM kits and barrels are available now in the U.S. Anyone find the 6.5 CM kits or barrels?

In 6.5 CM? I called them last week and they don't know anything. Said they'd call Berreta and inquire about status of the new kits and get back to me, but never did. Really would like to get a 6.5 kit and a few barrels. Is the magazine and bolt the same as the 308?

Yes the bolt and magazine is the same for the 6.5 kit. I was told I got one of 6 6.5 kits that arrived in the US at that time. No word on when more kits were expected. I had been hounding a Berretta guy about the 6.5 kits for a while and ordered directly from them.

Any chance you'd send me a PM for the contact info of the Beretta rep so I can hound him? :) Europtic doesn't seem too interested in going out of their way to help and no one at Beretta will respond to my questions.

Yes, 6.5 CM.

In 6.5 CM? I called them last week and they don't know anything. Said they'd call Berreta and inquire about status of the new kits and get back to me, but never did. Really would like to get a 6.5 kit and a few barrels. Is the magazine and bolt the same as the 308?

Any chance you'd send me a PM for the contact info of the Beretta rep so I can hound him? :) Europtic doesn't seem too interested in going out of their way to help and no one at Beretta will respond to my questions.
Yeah it took me a couple years of bugging him.

The 6.5 CM kit was ordered from EuroOptic and stated up front it would be many months. With all the sales Beretta has been doing lately, 50%, 40% off, I've bought a ton of extra barrels. Now, I'm wanting a Black M10 and none in stock... so, Euro fixes an order price for me and puts the estimated time @ 8 months to receive it. I'm all good with it, don't need another brown and want a second one so I'll wait. So many spare barrels, fu*k it... I'll get another. :)

With the Beretta Christmas 50% special and after I lock in the M10 order (black in 308), I ordered and they shipped today the black 338 lapua and 300 wm kits!

Gonna be TRG Heaven @ my place soon! (well, maybe I'm already there and just going overboard)

Last edited:
Well, I finally got my 300 NM barrel from Beretta. They have the black one mislabeled as a 27" 300WM on the website. Nice. Just need the 6.5CM barrels now.

Reactions: BuLLet
I have heard about that in some areas acquiring licences applied only by caliber, calibers or caliber range which includes .338 are granted so that .338lm is excluded from that licence. This is only second hand information so I cannot be sure. For me it was way more straight to apply for license to acquire .338lm because it was the one I was going to have. At least I didn't had to be scared to show my purchase in the department.

Yes I got it after I made clear why I need it and it's a very nice gun :) Fits my need perfectly!
Yesterday my friend came by at the store who bought his 338lm pretty much precisely a year ago and he got his license with purely a hunting purpose from Saarijärvi, calibers 7mm rem mag - 338lm and animals were roedeer, moose and bear. No further questions asked, and took him about 2 weeks to get his aquiring license. I got my trg22 pretty much at the same time, now wondering if I should have expanded my license to 338lm and bought a 338lm. Dont really need it, because mostly I can shoot only to 300 meters, but a trg 42 in 338lm is one of those cult weapons that would be awesome to own just because 😄 financially wouldnt make much sence.

But for the last few months at least the western part of Finland (Vaasa for example) have said that they wont give license to 338lm for hunting if you hunt purely in Finland.

Yesterday my friend came by at the store who bought his 338lm pretty much precisely a year ago and he got his license with purely a hunting purpose from Saarijärvi, calibers 7mm rem mag - 338lm and animals were roedeer, moose and bear. No further questions asked, and took him about 2 weeks to get his aquiring license. I got my trg22 pretty much at the same time, now wondering if I should have expanded my license to 338lm and bought a 338lm. Dont really need it, because mostly I can shoot only to 300 meters, but a trg 42 in 338lm is one of those cult weapons that would be awesome to own just because 😄 financially wouldnt make much sence.

But for the last few months at least the western part of Finland (Vaasa for example) have said that they wont give license to 338lm for hunting if you hunt purely in Finland.
A '22 is plenty to keep you entertained at 300M :)

The 8th twist rate for .300NM isn’t too much?
I’m thinking about .300NM and looking for options..
What are your impressions, gentlemen, of the M10 300NM barrel?

Last edited:
found this…

Attachments

• IMG_9613.PNG
    IMG_9613.PNG
    909.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
The 8th twist rate for .300NM isn’t too much?
I’m thinking about .300NM and looking for options..
What are your impressions, gentlemen, of the M10 300NM barrel?
Who's got 300 NM barrels?

I have one. 1:8 twist. I broke it in with 85 rounds. Seems promising @.5 moa with 225 eldm's. I haven't really started load development as I can't find the bullets I want to shoot i.e. berger 220's, 230's 245's. I am preparing to put a TRG M10 package up on the classifieds soon. Please don't pm me for details until I post the ad.

Reactions: Silvan
I have one. 1:8 twist. I broke it in with 85 rounds. Seems promising @.5 moa with 225 eldm's. I haven't really started load development as I can't find the bullets I want to shoot i.e. berger 220's, 230's 245's. I am preparing to put a TRG M10 package up on the classifieds soon. Please don't pm me for details until I post the ad.
Have you tried factory Berger’a ammo 215 or 230?
On my 6.5 CM barrel, 144 factory flies amazingly.

I think it is going to depend on the projectile. Some of the newer magic-high-BC wonder bullets require a faster twist. I am just about to start load development on the 208 Bergers. It will be a bit of time before I am able to take them out far enough to really test them.

Reactions: Silvan
Having said this, I think I'll check with the folks at Berger and verify my ASSumption. Sierra recommends a 1:8 for their 230s. Berger is 1:10 for 208/220 and 1:9 for 245s.

So the folks from Berger replied. I don't want to post their content but to summarize. At sea level, 1:9 is best, especially for the heavies (245). 1:8 is a bit fast but should stabilize the projectiles fine.

Reactions: Silvan and brianf
So, the 9th twist is for the 245 and heavier, and 10th for the 215 & 230?

Has anyone found an Arca/Dovetail rail that can replace the bottom pic rail on the M10?