• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG / TRG-S M995 Thread **Sticky??**

Talked to Sako guys at the Shot Show about 6.5 calibers for the M10. Hope, they heard me. My point was .260Rem, as they will not need to do additional researches and make another bolt. Everything fits from .308Win.
Lack of 6.5 calibers is what stops me from purchasing it.
Also they mentioned they are working on .300NM for M10...

I've seen one or two come up for sale on here before for $200-250 that's a fair price if you can snag one fast enough!

I did a couple tweaks to the -22. First some paint, Custom Coatings did a great job. Second and more important I put in an adjustable cheekpiece made by Terje. I cannot recommend his work enough. He did an awesome job. Being able to dial in the cheekpiece height really made a difference to my consistency. I still need to have it painted.
Where did you get the adjustable cheekpiece? for ME this is the weak point of this terrific gun!

It makes a huge difference for me. The stock one is way too short. I got it from a hide member named Terje. If you want I can email him and see if I can share his contact info.
If you look at this entire thread there is a guy who posted a pic with a different adjustable cheekpiece solution.
**EDIT** It is 1 page back. Benjammin posted the pic. He used a hide member called Stock Doc

Last edited:
It makes a huge difference for me. The stock one is way too short. I got it from a hide member named Terje. If you want I can email him and see if I can share his contact info.
If you look at this entire thread there is a guy who posted a pic with a different adjustable cheekpiece solution.
**EDIT** It is 1 page back. Benjammin posted the pic. He used a hide member called Stock Doc

Yes please, and also the cost. I am considering just making one from wood I have all the machines and skill to do it.

Reactions: Emouse
Does anyone know if M10 barrel and extensions are threaded or pressed in? Tying to get an estimated price for a 6.5 barrel. Still waiting on a reply from LRI.

Does anyone know if M10 barrel and extensions are threaded or pressed in? Tying to get an estimated price for a 6.5 barrel. Still waiting on a reply from LRI.
I will figure out soon. I am in contact with the Sako engineers to make .260Rem at least for the M10 platform and if they say "no", the spare plan will be to go to LRI and order a barrel, preliminary price for a barrel with an extension is $1000. But if the order wil be 5-10 barrels, then that cost can be negotiable, I guess.

I will figure out soon. I am in contact with the Sako engineers to make .260Rem at least for the M10 platform and if they say "no", the spare plan will be to go to LRI and order a barrel, preliminary price for a barrel with an extension is $1000. But if the order wil be 5-10 barrels, then that cost can be negotiable, I guess.

Cool, I got to speak to the engineers from Finland when they made a trip to Accokeek MD last year and they said there were no current plants to make one in 6.5. However, when I saw the TRG22A1 release at SHOT, I reached out to one of the Beretta/Sako reps who stated they are at least talking about it now. No word on a time frame.

Reactions: Silvan
Cool, I got to speak to the engineers from Finland when they made a trip to Accokeek MD last year and they said there were no current plants to make one in 6.5. However, when I saw the TRG22A1 release at SHOT, I reached out to one of the Beretta/Sako reps who stated they are at least talking about it now. No word on a time frame.
need to keep pushing them, with all our efforts we can get it done

Reactions: Statie07
I think LRI can make the extensions. I am not sure if they are pressed or threaded though. I am sending them my M10 in a few weeks to get a barrel done. Will keep everyone posted on how they do.

I have also tried to find contact info for Terje. The cheek weld is the only complaint I have with my TRG.

Recently got my TRG22 back with a Lothar Walther barrel in 6.5X47. I’m running a NVRS so I can mount a fortmeir bipod. I’m just summing up the courage to have the stock hydro dipped in multicam.

Attachments

• 35973B97-B6FE-42C0-8E89-9F9599C26E01.jpeg
    35973B97-B6FE-42C0-8E89-9F9599C26E01.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Vargmat
Recently got my TRG22 back with a Lothar Walther barrel in 6.5X47. I’m running a NVRS so I can mount a fortmeir bipod. I’m just summing up the courage to have the stock hydro dipped in multicam.
Try Brandon @ Custom Gun Coatings. He paints, not dips. His work is GTG.

OK, who wants a 26" 308 TRG barrel. It has about 1K rounds through it. I can no longer use it, I had my action trued at SAC. You pay shipping, it is yours.

No, TRG 22.
I do have an unused 20" M10 barrel I would sell but it will be more than shipping :)
Had to check lol. Looking for at least 24 or longer for 308. Did you find out if the M10 extension is threaded or pressed in yet?

JustBC, I need a similar solution with increased height for my older TRG 1st Gen folding stock. Would appreciate info as well. Thank you.

Statie07,
Awesome.
I hope the 6.5CM or 260 will be released this year.
Where did you get a 308 kit, btw?

Well it's official. I have fallen in love with the M10. Don't misunderstand me I still love my TRG but the M10 is a nice piece of kit.
I finally got it out a couple weeks ago to smack some steel, 12" plates from 200-900 yards. It was just FUN! It likes the Federal GM762M2 175s and really loves the 185 Juggernauts with 43.4 grains Varget/CCI BR2s and Lapua brass. (The fliers were me.) I am getting 2740 FPS with the 175s and about 2690 with the 185s out of a 26" barrel. I'd really like to find a higher node with 185s but I am worried about pressure. Brass looks fine so far.
I haven't found an optimal 338 load yet. I tried Retumbo but didn't see great results with Berger 300s. I have a big-assed jug of H1000 sitting in the garage. I think I will start with 250 SMKs then work up to the 300s.

Attachments

• IMG_3160.JPG
    IMG_3160.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6622.JPG
    IMG_6622.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 56
I got to shoot my new 26” 308 barrel today also. Zeroed at 100 then went 600, 800 and 1000. My average velocity for factory 175 SMK GMM was 2705. Alos chronoed a few 185 jugs at 2632 avg.
3447174F-2DB8-4BB5-98CA-5904FF3DBDE4.jpeg
9E366410-BE93-4C20-87BC-9B162FCED731.jpeg

Yes , getting 2483 FPS average on the 16”. Got to go back out to a 1000y range yesterday. Took the 16 and 26 from 600 -1000. The 16 needed 13 mils and the 26 took 10.7 for 1K. Only hit 1k one time at the end of the day with the 16 to see if it could. Was a little rushed and the target was in the shade at that point, making it hard to see splash. Zero checked at 100y at the end of the day and shot a quick .5” five round group.

TRG 22 rebarreled in 6.5 Creedmoor by SAC at the range this morning ... shoots AMAZING! Running it through a SiCo Omega. Hydo-Dip is Kuiu Verde 2.0. Scope is a Steiner T5Xi that needs to be upgraded but I have a lot of projects going on right now. Very happy with this rifle.

CtSZgxX.jpg

pMpVmRO.jpg

So here is my TRG 22 in 6.5X47.

Schmidt 3-20X50.

Fortmeier bipod.

Attachments

• 651B389A-CA5C-4DCE-A216-B5E6649369ED.jpeg
    651B389A-CA5C-4DCE-A216-B5E6649369ED.jpeg
    875.6 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: MPrimo
Factory 147 ELD-X Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor, velocity is around 2760 fps, 26/8/5R Bartlein

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    843.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 127
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: 81sfo
Anyone running a TRG-S build in a semi-reasonable carry weight? using maybe an A3/A5 stock with a 3B or light palma contour? trying to find rifle weights for my own build. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what type of nut or attachment method works with the slot/rail under the forearm of the trg22's trying to find a way to attach an arca rail to the slot.