• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Saturday Delivery, Yes Please, a BEAST has arrived

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    My that UPS was adamant that I answer the door this morning. No wonder she wanted this damn BEAST off her truck.

1385440_10151980563027953_1725204014_n.jpg

The Mil versions are not ready but they had a few MOA ones and I said what the heck, I am happy to try that one and review it. Turrets match the reticle so no issue... just great to get my hands on one of the new production models.

This is a good sign, I've got my name on a mil version and the wait hasn't been easy.

If you drop it in a spuhr mount can you let use know how it fits? The bottom of the turret housings look pretty large, hopefully no machining will be required.

Pretty sure I heard a heavy metal riff when I opened this thread... Cool to finally see the Beast exists, heard/read a lot of buildup.

You have to use a TPAL Spuhr mount, only a specific model will work.

NF sent along rings, but I know none of My Spuhr mounts will work

Got it, thanks Frank. It looks like SP-4003B is what I'll need, I'm going to give Dianne a call first thing Monday.

More side by side to compare it too

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/fYDRGSBVWB/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

The comparison photos help big time, it's more compact that I thought it would be which is a good thing! Can't wait for my MIL-R

Bay window review time...

This photo does not do the image justice, but, "I" can see the bricks & mortar lines underneath bench with no trouble at all. I could put a round in the seam if I needed too.

This is about 125 yards on 20x and is just for reference, the image is dark as this scope has such an awesome eye box that it's tough getting a good image through the scope with my iphone as I am backed off it too far.

1379869_10151980978237953_2118918575_n.jpg

But I like it because it shows you the colors, and what it can do into the shadows (even though the image is hard too see, in person it's not) So all you bay window review fans, here you go.

To give you some scale, the trees visible in the top right corner over the image are in the same yard alongside the house.

Hmmmm one day my mil version might show up.....should be interesting.

Nice to see one that can be tested.

My ATACR needed about 70 MOA on a 30 MOA BAT rail and 40 MOA in a third eye tactical one piece mount for a 100 yard zero which is just 5 MOA off the bottom. This gives me maximum internal movement for ELR.

One thing I would be interested to know from your testing - can you check the image quality on the Beast and ATACR when elevation is bottomed out and then check it after the first revolution of 20 MOA. See what you think?

My ATACR seemed to get less "crisp" for want of a better word at the bottom and then came back once a bit of elevation was applied.

Just wondering if it is specific to my scope. Thxs.

Much smaller then i thought.
    What does that lever at the base of the elevation turret do?

Lowlight, sounds like this scope maybe sleeping with you tonight. Can't wait for the full reveiw!

of course it will, how else do you think he know's it will"focus down really close" :)
    also waiting on full review, and i wanted to complain on the turret size but i cant there fine.

Are these in stock anywhere??? Maybe ready to order tomm. if so please let me know if anyone has a source on in stock ones.

lol....your going to be waiting a long time for some to come in stock. My NF rep told me they were basically pre sold into next year.

What does that lever at the base of the elevation turret do?

B.E.A.S.T. | Nightforce Optics, Inc.

"The heart of the B.E.A.S.T.™ is its i4F™ intelligent four-function elevation control. Initial adjustments with the primary elevation knob are lightning fast, in .50 MOA/.2 Mil-Radian increments. An integral fine adjustment lever provides additional elevation adjustments in .25 MOA/.1 Mil-Radian increments. It is the fastest, most precise elevation control ever conceived on a riflescope. "

Totally, lol....

My understanding there is less than a handful of these in anyone's hands outside of Nightforce's.

I got got impatient a told them rather than wait for the mil versions to drop, send me an MOA one to look at. Basically I wanted Sniper's Hide to be the first kid on the block with one.

I suspect Christmas for some pre-orders to start trickling out then 2014 for them to hit the street in numbers.

initially I am super impressed with theses. Great eye box, eye relief, super sight picture, shorter than the competition, just a tick on the heavy side. (Weights about the same as a S&B 5-25x despite being shorter)

Much smaller than I expected too, but that image looks awesome even from a crappy iPhone. Getting more anxious for mine in mil to eventually show up! Maybe we could all burn some incense tonight. That used to work back in the sixties!

LL, thanks for the pics. I don't think anyone else has one to look at, and you are sharing the pics with us. This is why the Hide is a great site. Your phone camera pics are a lot better than nothing, and a side by side pic with the S&B. Very cool.

How's the eyebox compared to the S&B 5-25? One thing that has surprised me about my new PMII is how very small the eyebox is... Your head can literally be in only one exact spot to see the image correctly, and the optimum eye relief also changes with magnification.

what about the turrets? how do they feel? good like typical nightforce I assume...what are your initial impressions of the i4f? how does the illum look? I cant wait for the full review!

Much more compact than I expected. Ill be monitoring this thread for a review when you get the chance to use it, as I have mixed feelings about the high-speed turret. BTW, the MOAR reticle is my favorite!

It looks pretty bad ass!! The clarity in the pic and color above were pretty impressive.

It's damn impressive, and like I said, I can see into the shadow which the picture does not show. If you asked me to hit the grout under the bench I would be able to do that.

1396966_635488503141343_1335973405_o.jpg

The image quality on this is awesome.

Here is a quick intro video

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kTn7-oSXmJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was raining today so what the hey right... :)

Not sure, didn't check them side by side ... this one is incredible in my opinion, but my ATACR is really nice too, so there is no way for me to answer the question.

Honestly, I am gonna check this with the FinnAccuracy Optical Standard test, but I really think questions about glass are BS. Ya, I know people obsess over glass, but really, it's so subjective it's silly for me to compare it. Two weeks later some guy who just got lasik with 20/15 eyes is gonna bitch he can see something in one scope he doesn't see in the other, but for me, I'm like whatever, I can't see it in either scope, I don't have 20/15 vision.

Without using a standard like the one FinnAccuracy provided where you can provide a number, I mean, come on, I took a through the scope picture above. I said my sight picture was better in person, what more can I say that would tell anyone anything beyond what Frank can see ? You can see what the camera took.

It's the internet, I can't show you what I see ... You want to ask about glass, line 10 people up and have them all look without any of them giving an opinion until after they have all written their opinion down, then average the score. That way you have a half-assed estimation of the "glass" ... me I want to know how it adjusts.

I'm now pretty sure which scope I want to buy some time (perhaps next year) when I finally upgrade.

Not sure, didn't check them side by side ... this one is incredible in my opinion, but my ATACR is really nice too, so there is no way for me to answer the question.

Honestly, I am gonna check this with the FinnAccuracy Optical Standard test, but I really think questions about glass are BS. Ya, I know people obsess over glass, but really, it's so subjective it's silly for me to compare it. Two weeks later some guy who just got lasik with 20/15 eyes is gonna bitch he can see something in one scope he doesn't see in the other, but for me, I'm like whatever, I can't see it in either scope, I don't have 20/15 vision.

Without using a standard like the one FinnAccuracy provided where you can provide a number, I mean, come on, I took a through the scope picture above. I said my sight picture was better in person, what more can I say that would tell anyone anything beyond what Frank can see ? You can see what the camera took.

It's the internet, I can't show you what I see ... You want to ask about glass, line 10 people up and have them all look without any of them giving an opinion until after they have all written their opinion down, then average the score. That way you have a half-assed estimation of the "glass" ... me I want to know how it adjusts.
    Yea, that pic looks impressive to me. I also like the illumination and brake feature. I think I'll have to get in line for one. Thanks for reveiw and video!

Yea, that pic looks impressive to me. I also like the illumination and brake feature. I think I'll have to get in line for one. Thanks for reveiw and video!

I may be a moron (many claim that I am) but I'm on the fence
    about the whole 0.1 mrad and 0.2 mrad / 0.25 moa and 0.5moa thing.

This is what I envision (I'd get the mil-version).

I set my zerostop.
    I dial up 5 mils with the 0.2mrad clicks. I want 5,1mrad so I switch to the 0.1mrad clicks and go up 1 click. Done.
    I shoot, and when I'm done I will ofcourse forget to put the clicks back to 0.2mrads.
    I then crank the knob down to the zerostop with the 0.1 mrad clicks instead of the 0.2 mrads.
    When the zerostop is engaged, I am still 2.5mrads high because I fudged up with the lever.

Anyone else thought about this or am I just to dumb for my own good?

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
    That's what I hoped. Thank you for the swift feedback Lowlight.

But now I want one.

I may be a moron (many claims that I am) but I'm on the fence
    about the whole 0.1 mrad and 0.2 mrad / 0.25 moa and 0.5moa thing.

This is what I envision (I'd get the mil-version).

I set my zerostop.
    I dial up 5 mils with the 0.2mrad clicks. I want 5,1mrad so I switch to the 0.1mrad clicks and go up 1 click. Done.
    I shoot, and when I'm done I will ofcourse forget to put the clicks back to 0.2mrads.
    I then crank the knob down to the zerostop with the 0.1 mrad clicks instead of the 0.2 mrads.
    When the zerostop is engaged, I am still 2.5mrads high because I fudged up with the lever.

Anyone else thought about this or am I just to dumb for my own good?

Am I wrong?

Frank is correct. The Main adjustment never changes from .2mr or .5moa increments regardless of precision elevator lever. The precision elevator lever allows you to slide in between the larger increment of the large adjustment knob; if needed. The lever provides a single throw in the "Up" direction and does not auto reset itself.

If you are going for the Mil/Mil variant, think of the lever as odds and evens. When the lever is straight; adjustments on the main knob would be .2, .4, .6, and .8
    When the lever is thrown to the right and rests at an angle, the adjustments on the main knob would be .1, .3, .5, .7, and .9

In all reality, the main knob is still fine enough, that I rarely utilize the precision elevator as the increments on the major adjustment usually suffice as they are still fine enough.

Frank is correct. The Main adjustment never changes from .2mr or .5moa increments regardless of precision elevator lever. The precision elevator lever allows you to slide in between the larger increment of the large adjustment knob; if needed. The lever provides a single throw in the "Up" direction and does not auto reset itself.

If you are going for the Mil/Mil variant, think of the lever as odds and evens. When the lever is straight; adjustments on the main knob would be .2, .4, .6, and .8
    When the lever is thrown to the right and rests at an angle, the adjustments on the main knob would be .1, .3, .5, .7, and .9

In all reality, the main knob is still fine enough, that I rarely utilize the precision elevator as the increments on the major adjustment usually suffice as they are still fine enough.

00bullit,

Are these still on schedule for a late Oct release, or did it get pushed back again?