• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage 110 BA 300 WM 210 VLD question

Carrbque

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
Abq, NM
Hey guys,
I am planning to work up a load using 210 VLDs and H-1000

I have read several of the posts on here, most of them tell you to exceed the COAL that is suggested in both my Lyman and Barnes books.

Does anyone have a 110BA in 300 WM that could shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Re: Savage 110 BA 300 WM 210 VLD question

Nobody has any advice ?

I thought for sure this post would be on fire

Re: Savage 110 BA 300 WM 210 VLD question

Most custom loads are longer than what is published in reloading manuals. Those are a safe all around lengths that everybody will be safe with. In order to find out what your optimal seating depth is you need to measure the distance to the lands on your gun. This can be done several different ways. I use the Hornady guage myself but there are others. Once you know how far the lands are then you can adjust your seating depth from there. Generally Bergers like to be jammed into the lands about 10 or 20 thousandths from what I have seen as well as others.

Your really should read the very large write up on precision reloading in the reloading section as all this is covered in great detail.