• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report savage 110 versus 111 action

wallabycycles

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2012
might be a stupid question to some but google has no idea for a change.

have a 111 savage and want to varmint barrell it.

will the 110 barrell go on that 111 action because it seems nobody has 111 barrels listed and the manufacturers say 8 months for the savage profile in heavy varmint.

btw, its 300 winmag.

Re: savage 110 versus 111 action

same barrel... the difference between the 110 and 111 is in the options ( stock, barrel contour, etc, etc ) the action is the same

it is a common policy to refer to Savage-compatible barrels as being 110 barrels. While there is a second spec for some magnum chambered barrels, they are essentially otherwise all compatible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the action is the same </div></div>

What he said...

The only thing you need to figure out is if your current barrel is a large shank or a small shank, Savage makes two different size's. I believe you'll see large shank barrels on the WSM's and target actions, I'm pretty sure you'll have the small shank. I'd google Northland Shooter Supply I see he has one in stock, it's a shilen select match varmtint 26". But first varify what shank size you have, it can be done by measuring the barrel nut. I can't remember the spec's but hopefully someone will chime in with that.

Dan

Savage standard shank = 1.050 x 20tpi, large shank = 1.112 x 20tpi.

Big +1 for Northland. Jim shipped me a barrel the next week for much less than Shilen was asking and shilen told me it would take 6 months to get it. He's gtg.