• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Feedback Scammer Alert - SnipST

Schmo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2022
Arkansas
Scam alert - user @SnipST. Scammed me on a set of scope rings. Beware. Tried to use the report function, but gave error message.

You reported him 5 times but we asked you to tell us why and still haven't heard why.

Reactions: camocorvette
I am sorry. I kept getting error messages when I tried to report, so I thought it wasn’t going through. I’m happy to share our PM conversation with a mod. I had a WTB ad for a set of ARC rings. He pm’d me that had a set. He sent me pictures and all. He just joined early this month, and doesn’t have any feedback, but I figured I would risk it since it wasn’t a ton of money. I paid for them this past Tuesday, and he said he would provide tracking when he got them shipped. I checked in with him a couple times through the week to get status. First reply was that he was busy and couldn’t get them out that day. I messaged him last night about status. He replies this morning saying he will have them mailed by this coming Thursday. I told him that wouldn’t work for me. I asked him to cancel the purchase and send my PayPal money back to me. First reply to that was that he assured they would get shipped out by Thursday. I reply telling him again that wouldn’t work, and I needed my money back. He says okay, I can send your money in awhile. He still hasn’t sent it. He was in position to communicate back and forth to me pretty quickly, but couldn’t take the 1 minute to go to PayPal and send my $130 back to me. From his actions, I can only assume I’ve been scammed.

Reactions: UndFrm
WTB ads are scammer chum. Why the site says not to make them but people still put them up.

Post some screen shots of your PMs here that don't have any personal info in them.

Reactions: craigos
Will do! I know they attract scammers, although I thought we were allowed to post WTB ads. I knew there was a risk, and I accepted that. Just trying to save anyone else

Reactions: Rob01
IMG_2823.png
IMG_2824.png
IMG_2825.png
IMG_2826.png
IMG_2827.png
IMG_2828.png
IMG_2829.png
IMG_2830.png
IMG_2831.png
IMG_2832.png
IMG_2833.jpeg

Thanks. @SnipST what do you have to say about this?

@Schmo will wait and see what he says but if he comes on and doesn't answer or refund you money he will be banned and have to deal with Lowlight to get back on the site.

Reactions: 16 Gauge
He even got his username on a piece of paper in the photos. Probably AI.

Always google phone numbers too. His account here says New York. But when you google his number, an account on long range hunting posting that number says from Mesa.

Reactions: alfmoonspace
With the scams and account hacks happening on regular bases, there are still members that get bent out of shape, if I ask for custom photos.

Reactions: trob
With the scams and account hacks happening on regular bases, there are still members that get bent out of shape, if I ask for custom photos.
Video chat works great and I also ask for them show me a piece of mail that matches the name. Especially for the electronic payments. I show the same.