• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammer @dbnerd

So if i understand this was a goods and service deal. Is there any current scams screwing a seller thats receiving money through friends and family? Im in the process of selling some high dollar stuff and using friends and family to take payment. Is there anyway i can be scammed out of the money after ive shipped the gear?

Reactions: grunt soldier
So if i understand this was a goods and service deal. Is there any current scams screwing a seller thats receiving money through friends and family? Im in the process of selling some high dollar stuff and using friends and family to take payment. Is there anyway i can be scammed out of the money after ive shipped the gear?
It's less likely. If you're really concerned about getting scammed, request a USPS MO or Personal Check and wait for it to clear.

G&S is something I would never accept because it's too easy to get fucked.

PP FF is way better than GS but I thought PP frowns on any transfers that are firearms related. Ive heard of frozen bank accounts that are linked to PP.

Zelle is by far the best out there. Free, secure, endosred and used by most all banks now, not anti-2nd amendment, no worries if stupid buyer types AR15 in memo, and also no 1099 reporting like Venmo and others. You set it up through your bank, but it works just like PP. Send or receive money to/from your phone# or email.

PP FF is way better than GS but I thought PP frowns on any transfers that are firearms related. Ive heard of frozen bank accounts that are linked to PP.

Zelle is by far the best out there. Free, secure, endosred and used by most all banks now, not anti-2nd amendment, no worries if stupid buyer types AR15 in memo, and also no 1099 reporting like Venmo and others. You set it up through your bank, but it works just like PP. Send or receive money to/from your phone# or email.
This is Zelle’s policy on firearms.

7226AFE1-18E5-4A22-A426-A8273D124A97.png

Reactions: Tall Pine
It's less likely. If you're really concerned about getting scammed, request a USPS MO or Personal Check and wait for it to clear.

No they can cancel mo way later I hear

Reactions: W54/XM-388

No they can cancel mo way later I hear

You can get screwed over royally with USPS money orders.

IF you take a USPS money order, what you need to do is as soon as you get it, go to the post office (don't even dream about cashing it at the post office if it's anything big they don't have cash like ever), then use those postal money orders to pay for new postal money orders.
Then make those new money orders out from you to you and go deposit those new money orders in your account.

I already have the money credited to my bank account from a big PayPal friends and family transaction. The guy said hes fine with waiting until its for sure in my bank account. I assume im probably in the clear?

You can get screwed over royally with USPS money orders.

IF you take a USPS money order, what you need to do is as soon as you get it, go to the post office (don't even dream about cashing it at the post office if it's anything big they don't have cash like ever), then use those postal money orders to pay for new postal money orders.
Then make those new money orders out from you to you and go deposit those new money orders in your account.
I should add that's what I do...

I already have the money credited to my bank account from a big PayPal friends and family transaction. The guy said hes fine with waiting until its for sure in my bank account. I assume im probably in the clear?

Yes you should be in the clear. PP FF is impossible to unwind or get back as the Sender from my understanding. Thats why as a buyer you better be sure of things before sending. From, the seller viewpoint I think it's very safe, except for whatever potential firearm policy penalty exits.

Yes you should be in the clear. PP FF is impossible to unwind or get back as the Sender from my understanding. Thats why as a buyer you better be sure of things before sending. From, the seller viewpoint I think it's very safe, except for whatever potential firearm policy penalty exits.

Good to know. The only thing i can think of is if they use a visa if they could get the credit card company to somehow pull back the funds from PayPal and then PayPal give me a negative balance

Any update from the seller on this?

Thanks JB, I was dead wrong on that. My apologies. I still like Zelle, but this is disappointing. I will have to research what they do to folks who violate the firearms policy.
I use Zelle quite frequently as well, through Navy Fed. I'm not sure they are necessarily anti-2A (although going with the odds, probably), but likely trying to limit their liability.

I use Zelle quite frequently as well, through Navy Fed. I'm not sure they are necessarily anti-2A (although going with the odds, probably), but likely trying to limit their liability.
Doesn’t work with Zelle. HOWEVER, pp ff…. Take it up with your CC company. Fraudulent charge/chargeback. Takes pp out of the equation.

Doesn’t work with Zelle. HOWEVER, pp ff…. Take it up with your CC company. Fraudulent charge/chargeback. Takes pp out of the equation.
I admit I’m a bit lost to what you’re referring to. If you mean that you can’t get your money back (sending with Zelle) then yep, that is largely correct, it’s a permanent transfer. I don’t depend on any payment processor to replace my common sense, the quicker people realize that they need to do the same, the less they’ll get scammed out of their money.

Fyi PayPal decided in favor of that guy. Ups couldn't do anything for me. PayPal even still charged me a $15 case review fee so that was interesting. I messaged tacswap also but never heard back. Just wanted to update you and thank you for your time and help. I'm pretty sure this is my thermal for sale through tacswap. https://www.tacswap.com/post/6430410368191c51d0bee811

Last edited:
Fyi PayPal decided in favor of that guy. Ups couldn't do anything for me. PayPal even still charged me the ($170) 3.5% transaction fee and a $15 case review fee so that was interesting. I messaged tacswap also but never heard back. Just wanted to update you and thank you for your time and help. I'm pretty sure this is my thermal for sale through tacswap. https://www.tacswap.com/post/6430410368191c51d0bee811
Oddly it shows he has mostly good feedback on TacSwap

Yes I agree only 1 negative saying they lost a $3000 item. Might not be him but on the phone he asked if I had tacswap and mentions he had feedback through them. So might be him but most positive feedback are just him buying things from people and them saying he paid great guy! PayPal f&f from now on 😆. I suggest anyone reading this never use g&s through PayPal

Reactions: SniperBro
Yes I agree only 1 negative saying they lost a $3000 item. Might not be him but on the phone he asked if I had tacswap and mentions he had feedback through them. So might be him but most positive feedback are just him buying things from people and them saying he paid great guy! PayPal f&f from now on 😆. I suggest anyone reading this never use g&s through PayPal
If you don’t need PayPal you could tell them the deal was for gun parts and they would likely shut down his account (and yours) lol. I can be petty though. Sorry about the bum deal man. I hate that shit.

I use PayPal regularly to pay for things so I'll let him get a pass I guess. I'd hope PayPal would monitor how many claims people are making on others and see a pattern if it a scammer, even if they are a good scammer. Oh well, moving on with a life lesson learned! Hope everyone has a great day!

Not sure how PayPal sides with him when there is confirmation it was signed. I hope this thief gets what he deserves and get his teeth kicked in

Looks like he has a WTB on tacswap for a MAWL-DA… someone should give him a taste of his own medicine.

Also WA passed an AWB, and I bet he’ll be in possession of banned items when it’s in effect - use that information as you will.

Reactions: BurtG
Not sure how PayPal sides with him when there is confirmation it was signed. I hope this thief gets what he deserves and get his teeth kicked in
It’s part of the scammers toolbox to have the seller, usually at the last minute, ship to an address that is different then the one listed on the PayPal account. So the buyer can still claim they never got it. All PayPal does is look at the delivery address to verify a claim that the buyer never got the item. Common sense would have you believe that you could show them the comms where the buyer asked to have it shipped there, but that’s doesn’t usually work out in the sellers favor, as PayPal almost always sides with the buyer.

And this is why when folks start pontificating about why sellers should always accept G&S payments through PP, I tell them to go pound their dick in the sand until they learn something.

With PayPal G&S, as a seller it's not are you going to get ripped off, it's when and for how much.

I have learned from this post. I hate someone had to pay 5k for that to happen, but there is alot of good info in this post. Karma is hell, he may be laughing now but it will bite him at some point in some way.

The guy had me send it to the address that was not listed on the account for PayPal. I didn't notice at 1st until after I shipped it. Then got that feeling when he stopped communicating. Then today I got the claim from PayPal stating they never received their item to the address listed on the account and that they thought I was trying to scam them. I sent insured signature required. Tracking said Henry signed for it but with coviod sometime ups leaves signature required packages without me signing for them at my door so who knows who sogned for it. It was my fault I didn't match the address up. But now I'm out 5k unfortunately.
He has an active facebook profile with that name. Same town as the address.

Reactions: Andrew863