• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback Scammer Alert: RMD45

JMetzinger

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2004
Central SD
Scammer Alert: RMD45
DO NOT DO anything with him! He is a scammer. Been a SH member since 2001 and posted on 12 dif chats. Responded to my WTB add for a Spuhr 4001. Was very knowledgeable when I asked him what he replaced the mount with. Said went to a 5001 and put a Gen 1 Razor in it which is 35mm. Sent a DL photo (later ran and is fake). Sent cell number which goes to goggle answer service. I intentionally said I would pay 325, he corrected me and said I only owed 320 to his pp (pp name matched dl name). Had zero feedback, but I thought why would a scammer be a SH member for two years and contribute intelligent comments on 12 diff threads to one day scam $320. Shoulda took the time to run the DL, not on file, aka FAKE. Was busy at the time and went against my better judgement. Won’t happen again. Special place in hell for scammers. Karma will some day catch them and they will die an ugly death.

Attachments

• 91B0B04F-D81F-4E13-8336-72E51E4C4FFB.png
    91B0B04F-D81F-4E13-8336-72E51E4C4FFB.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 314
  • FF4F06B3-5AB8-4E2D-9790-A906D74CC19C.png
    FF4F06B3-5AB8-4E2D-9790-A906D74CC19C.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 317
Scammers really are the scum of the earth.. but just by looking at the screenshots you posted, there were several red flags here. First off, the guy doesn't even have the supporter badge (which means he is too cheap to support the forum at the least, and is not supposed to sell anything regardless on here). Second, he has zero feedback (albeit he does have history here so I see why you would possibly take the chance on it). And last but not least, you posted a WTB thread which is what these guys thrive off of. Frank literally sent out a message to everyone here not too long ago that WTB threads are no longer allowed and that they would be taken down because scammers are screwing too many people over on here and ruining the reputation of the site. I am truly sorry you lost your money and I hate that.. it's not fair and it sucks that there is nothing you can do about someone literally stealing $320 from you. But this is a good reminder that there are people in this world who are just wicked and they don't care about anything except getting money any way they possibly can. I think you should change this post from "Accessories" to "Feedback" in hopes that a lot of people will click and view this post to maybe save themselves from this in the future. If any person here seems even a TINY BIT suspicious, just walk away and keep looking.. It's not worth losing your hard earned money over.

Seriously, this is so common and against the site rules that I no longer have sympathy for those who get screwed after shouting “Screw me” on the www.

Reactions: Carlos Danger
Definitely some red flags got missed. Looking at the guy’s posts, they were all during an approximately two week period end of April-early May. Then nothing. So, either this guy had his account hacked (my guess) or it was a slow burn account.

Either way, you the OP, took a bunch of chances and missed a few obvious red flags.

But as mentioned already, WTB ads are like bait for scammers. That means if you want to take that risk, you had better be on your game and looking for those tells. Then run as soon as it even smells slightly funny.

Definitely some red flags got missed. Looking at the guy’s posts, they were all during an approximately two week period end of April-early May. Then nothing. So, either this guy had his account hacked (my guess) or it was a slow burn account.

Either way, you the OP, took a bunch of chances and missed a few obvious red flags.

But as mentioned already, WTB ads are like bait for scammers. That means if you want to take that risk, you had better be on your game and looking for those tells. Then run as soon as it even smells slightly funny.
Yep, I def missed some red flags and take full responsibility for my stupidity. Just wanted to post for SH member situational awareness. Thanks

Ignore the fools talking about WTB = scam your biggest red flag is sending f&f with zero feedback. I always send g&s to zero to low feedback members regardless of anything. DL, social security always send g&s. WTB posts are only an issue because people allow themselves to get scammed by zero/low feedback accounts asking for f&f or zelle only…

Reactions: Jjames06
Ignore the fools talking about WTB = scam your biggest red flag is sending f&f with zero feedback. I always send g&s to zero to low feedback members regardless of anything. DL, social security always send g&s. WTB posts are only an issue because people allow themselves to get scammed by zero/low feedback accounts asking for f&f or zelle only…
This sounds like something a scammer would say lol.

Last seen 16 minutes ago viewing forum list. Did you report him, or just start a thread here

Reactions: Baron23
Being against site rules no problem for you either?

Says the guy with little to no feedback 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Logan ray lande
Scammer Alert: RMD45
DO NOT DO anything with him! He is a scammer. Been a SH member since 2001 and posted on 12 dif chats. Responded to my WTB add for a Spuhr 4001. Was very knowledgeable when I asked him what he replaced the mount with. Said went to a 5001 and put a Gen 1 Razor in it which is 35mm. Sent a DL photo (later ran and is fake). Sent cell number which goes to goggle answer service. I intentionally said I would pay 325, he corrected me and said I only owed 320 to his pp (pp name matched dl name). Had zero feedback, but I thought why would a scammer be a SH member for two years and contribute intelligent comments on 12 diff threads to one day scam $320. Shoulda took the time to run the DL, not on file, aka FAKE. Was busy at the time and went against my better judgement. Won’t happen again. Special place in hell for scammers. Karma will some day catch them and they will die an ugly death.
did you report him? His account is still up and he's still cruising the forums.

@RMD45 - you got anything to say?

Reactions: Im2bent
FF will not help you with 2A related items, will get both accounts locked with money in those accounts frozen. GS will get you a 1099 if you use it enough. Your best bet is feedback and a phone call.

I would report him to PayPal and say it was to be used on a crossbow or airsoft . Years ago I got scammed for some bullets. I had used paypal. I called PayPal and told them they were going to be used to make keychains. Money was put back in my account.

Reactions: Trent A
He copy and pasted all his "intelligent commentary" (as OP put it) from other sites such as reddit to appear knowledgeable & credible.
A 10-second google search pings them verbatim and people fall for it every day:oops:

Reactions: lash
I got nothing to say 😭
We knew he was a scumbag, but now we know he's an unalloyed arrogant, motherfucking, scumbag. Too bad he's probably in a place like Azerbaijan because this boy def is deserves some some face to face time. Wow....what a fucking dick.