• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scammers, I am seriously over the members with this

Or like I always try to say but nobody listens,
Insist on a quick video chat with the buyer / seller / item
If they can do web forums and electronic payments they can do a video chat on their phone or PC.
Easy, free, simple and it reduces your chances of problems hugely.
Right, common sense goes a long way, if you have it. What some of these guys don’t seem to get is it’s not the payment method that’s the problem, it’s that they didn’t bother to verify anything or went against their gut instinct. In almost all of these “I got scammed” threads, the victim states that something felt off, but they went through with it anyway. I’d agree to a video chat for any of the $5 items I’m selling in the PX at the moment. Blows my mind when people don’t do it for $4k items.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
It continues to amaze me how many will purchase big dollar items here and pay friends & family or another source to an unknown individual, with methods that provides zero buyer protection.

I just shake my head....
I get it from the buyer's perspective, but I don't even accept G&S regardless of amount. I think most sellers have that mindset now. Far less, if any, protection for the seller with G&S. Plus the fees and tax issues. I have passed on several sales, including some rather big ones, because I don't accept it.
I know, right? Blows my mind. You’d think the seller would just add the goods and services % cost to the list price.

Anyone taking electronic payment for anything over $600 is going to have fun with the IRS too.
It's not about the fees necessarily, it's about the lack of seller protection especially when you consider the type of items here, and the taxes. You'd have to inflate the "extra" like 7x to cover everything, not just a few bucks to cover the 3% fees. But the IRS only comes into play with G&S, which is the main reason I refuse to accept G&S.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I get it from the buyer's perspective, but I don't even accept G&S regardless of amount. I think most sellers have that mindset now. Far less, if any, protection for the seller with G&S. Plus the fees and tax issues. I have passed on several sales, including some rather big ones, because I don't accept it.

It's not about the fees necessarily, it's about the lack of seller protection especially when you consider the type of items here, and the taxes. You'd have to inflate the "extra" like 7x to cover everything, not just a few bucks to cover the 3% fees. But the IRS only comes into play with G&S, which is the main reason I refuse to accept G&S.

F&F provides no protection for the buyer. That’s why buyers are leary of F&F.

Lol at anyone who thinks IRS won’t be looking at F&F in the future.

Reactions: Milf Dots
F&F provides no protection for the buyer. That’s why buyers are leary of F&F.

Lol at anyone who thinks IRS won’t be looking at F&F in the future.
Right, but I was explaining the reason people are paying FF - because most of us won't take G&S. As well as feedback ratings.

I'm sure they will look at FF in the future, but they don't as of now.

Oh, I understand why people use F&F, but buyers are literally retarded to use that for large purchases.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Regarding people getting scammed- one of the many things NOT to do is pay via PP F&F, Venmo, Zell... REFUSE to pay via F&F, Venmo, Zell. PERIOD.

The seller should just include any PP G&S fees in the price of the item, and if they won't, assume they're a scammer. It even states the point of my previous sentence in many gun forums under the thread title "How to avoid being scammed" or something similar. Greed & laziness on the part of a seller who insists on PP F&F, Venmo, Zell, is an indicator of something negative with the seller and should be a deal breaker.

The key to minimizing your chances of getting scammed, are to never let your emotions (want, need, desire, gotta have) override your logic circuit and your suspicious alertness.
How about adding the extra taxes when PP sends out a 1099?

Reactions: 346ci
Guys,

Again, today, more emails of people who were scammed and still said nothing until it was too late.

If you post a WTB post on here, banned, end of story, do not pass go, I am removing you, if you are too stupid to handle it, you can't have it. In fact I will edit the welcome message today

Next, the Report Button, How fucking hard is it to hit report. Especially on the Private Messages where the guys says, Hey My Buddy has that, contact him here. Are you fucking kidding me, you fall for that... sure cause it's a deal. You have a report button in both Private messages and in the forum, You click report, tell us the issue, and then we act.

The report button links the account to our Spam Tools, not using the report button means we have to manually hunt this down.

There a not deals, we have people hurting, high inflation, and low supply, there are no deals you idiot. I know you are looking for that thing but that guys answering you does not have it either, he has an empty box with your name on it.

Please just stop, no more WTB, at all, if you get any form of unsolicited contact, probably a scammer.
Poor Bender. With no WTB there goes his plan to get hold of a Thai boyfriend.

• Love
Reactions: Bigfatcock
Is there any plan or idea for the WTB posts in the future? If you want something that you cant find on here you will just have to wait for someone to put it up for sale.

Is there any plan or idea for the WTB posts in the future? If you want something that you cant find on here you will just have to wait for someone to put it up for sale.
So.....

You have read thru this thread...right ?
Is Dr. Seuess a familiar book to your shelves ?

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23 and BLEE
You guys read the thread where the guy got PAID with g&s and got ripped off, right?
I no longer have pp or venmo. I ha e zelle for now, but intend to close my bank accounts as i have no bills i pay through them anymore.

Any way you chop it, there is risk. Some higher than others. Ive even gotten paid in counterfit money(bank took it away from me when i tried to deposit, luckily it was only a couple 20's).

Reactions: MadDuner
You guys read the thread where the guy got PAID with g&s and got ripped off, right?
I no longer have pp or venmo. I ha e zelle for now, but intend to close my bank accounts as i have no bills i pay through them anymore.

Any way you chop it, there is risk. Some higher than others. Ive even gotten paid in counterfit money(bank took it away from me when i tried to deposit, luckily it was only a couple 20's).
I've stayed away from buying anything that costs more than $100 from private individuals online.
I REALLY miss Backpage!

But the truth is that if something sounds too good to be true - it usually is, because like Frank said: There are no deals out there!"

Reactions: Jgunner
I've stayed away from buying anything that costs more than $100 from private individuals online.
I REALLY miss Backpage!

But the truth is that if something sounds too good to be true - it usually is, because like Frank said: There are no deals out there!"
Ive stumbled accross some deals, maybe not smoking, but good deals. Ive given some good deals.

I miss backpage so much, it was great. Got stood up once, but small price to pay for ftf sales. Is backpage guns still up? Since i domt sell or buy much anymore, i dont keep up.

Reactions: MadDuner
Buying ANY firearm related item using PayPal Goods and Services WILL result in BOTH accounts being locked and ALL money inside the PP account being seized. Even putting a comment in a F&F payment related to a firearm part WILL end up getting both accounts one day. It won't be any time soon, but it WILL happen in the near future. Money that is in your PayPal account is not your money, and they will seize it by violating the ToS.

If people want to risk that, that's on them. I actively refuse all payments via G&S and F&F with ANY comments posted, and I then block the individual for good.

Ive stumbled accross some deals, maybe not smoking, but good deals. Ive given some good deals.

I miss backpage so much, it was great. Got stood up once, but small price to pay for ftf sales. Is backpage guns still up? Since i domt sell or buy much anymore, i dont keep up.
Backpage in it's entirety is shut down and the domain still seized by the FBI. The CEO pleaded guilty to conspiracy to facilitate prostitution and money laundering.

edit to add: that was back in 2018.

Can someone help me understand why there is a specific WTB section created to use, and now people are going to get banned for using it ?
I have no interest in posting wtb, just curious what I am missing and how the other 100k plus members are supposed to know this ?

Backpage in it's entirety is shut down and the domain still seized by the FBI. The CEO pleaded guilty to conspiracy to facilitate prostitution and money laundering.

edit to add: that was back in 2018.
i am aware of that, but recently there was a website called packpageguns or some shit like that. But it wasnt as good as old bp, too many spammers and people bumping the same shit every day.

i am aware of that, but recently there was a website called packpageguns or some shit like that. But it wasnt as good as old bp, too many spammers and people bumping the same shit every day.
gotcha, i'm not familiar with that. I think most people (after backpage) went to state and local level buy/sell pages.

Can someone help me understand why there is a specific WTB section created to use, and now people are going to get banned for using it ?
I have no interest in posting wtb, just curious what I am missing and how the other 100k plus members are supposed to know this ?
Why do you need to understand?
Do as you have been directed or get the axe.

• Haha
Reactions: 264win
nigeria-scam.gif

I want to know what the fuck just happened in the alert system,

It gets blitzed with reports, go to resolve them, they are deleted, and the reports are dueling attacking each other

WTF are you all doing, I have no clue what the fuck and there was like 10 reports all for the same thing or non thing

It gets blitzed with reports, go to resolve them, they are deleted, and the reports are dueling attacking each other

WTF are you all doing, I have no clue what the fuck and there was like 10 reports all for the same thing or non thing
BDFEE45D-9C4D-4C0E-8E43-F1B142A7338C.jpeg

p>
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3oKIPs1EVbbNZYq7EA" width="480" height="260" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Last edited:

I'd suggest you sit back and have a beer, but the chances of it being made by Anheiser Busch are high,so that's out.
Have a shot....just not JD, mmk ?

Guessing it was the scammer call out/scammer alt outing themselves/dick pick thread

Did not read all the post.
The flip side of the WTB ads is that having responded to countless numbers of them since the 1970’s zSHOTGUN NEWS ERA as a legitimate seller I’m not sure I ever got a sale. Normally the guys posting them are ultra cheap bottom feeders.
If they were not trolling for grossly underpriced items they would not be getting ripped off by scammers.

Reactions: Im2bent and lash